Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Break Down / Recovery Service

MrADeveci

Which of the following, if any - do you use?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following, if any - do you use?

• RAC
    • The AA
    • Green Flag
    • Break Down?, it's a Lexus!
    • Other

was with the AA when i first started driving, and found them excellent and while i was in Germany with ADAC, so when needed in the Uk, twas always the AA who turned up........and i have to admit, the AA are no where near as good as they were when i started driving, infact when the Hilux broke down on the M25, it took them over an hour to turn up, then when they did, it was in the wrong type of vehicle, all in all the time from calling to the time of recovery was 3 hours!!.

however as i was still with ADAC, i claimed allsorts back

i have Green Flag through the bank, and never used them yet

never used the RAC either

I've been with the AA for around 11 years and have called them out numerous times, most of which have resulted in a satisfactory conclusion.

1) Citroen BX with broken rear suspension - full lift back home. Turned up in about 30 minutes.

2) Vauxhall Belmont cut out and wouldn't restart. AA patrol were with me within about 15 minutes and diagnosed a loose HT lead very quickly.

2) BMW 525i lost all water (because I left the radiator cap off...) - a non AA guy came out and filled it up for me. He didn't bleed it though, so it overheated again within 5 miles so he had to come back.

3) Peugeot 106 Diesel fan belt snapped. AA Relay turned up in around 30 minutes and replaced it at the side of the road.

4) BMW 528i burst header tank. Relayed the vehicle from Glasgow to Nottingham, dropping me off on the way.

5) Peugeot 307 Auto (hirecar) would not shift out of Park. Bypassed the brake pedal inhibitor on the selector at the side of the road.

5) Lexus GS300 Sport two flat tyres. Took me (minus car) to a local tyre place to get them replaced. Refitted the wheels when we got back. Took around an hour and a half to get to me, but they told me up front that it would take this long so I wasn't too upset.

Basically, I've had my moneysworth out of the AA and would not be without it. Their communication is very good, and I think that they have always given me a fair estimate of how long it will take for them to get to me.

Have been with the RAC, but mine's up for renewal in a couple of weeks.

Called them once and was quite impressed with the service. Timing belt snapped on my old Astra and the guy knew what it was before he opened the bonnet.

Has anyone heard of Auto Aid? They are supposed to be good and much cheaper than the big boys but I haven't heard any first hand experience of them.

Been with AA for 9 years (just renewed again). Always been spot on. They give me home start free and I have my Mother and Sister covered too.

Always been helpful (even though the couple of times I've had to call them out on my old IS200 when my S/C piggy-back ECU failed, they didn't have a clue what to do!!!).