Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Break Down / Recovery Service

MrADeveci

Which of the following, if any - do you use?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following, if any - do you use?

• RAC
    • The AA
    • Green Flag
    • Break Down?, it's a Lexus!
    • Other

Well, I know RAC comes with the lex when you get a used approved one ...............

But who, if any of the above list do you use ?

Just trying to find out which is the best one to get .......................

Cheers.

Well, I know RAC comes with the lex when you get a used approved one ...............

But who, if any of the above list do you use ?

Just trying to find out which is the best one to get .......................

Cheers.

I belonged to the AA which came as part of the service with the 206 Gti I' about to trade against an IS200. my insurance was also with them (a real rip off) anyway I've heard some well suspect stories about them all, but green flag.

The AA for me, they were doing a good deal at the time.

Also many of the the insurance co.'s breakdown cover only covers the insured car.

I've never needed it (touch wood) with my Lex or fireblade but my wife's called the AA out 5 or 6 times in a year in her A-class Merc and has had good service every time.

Or did she say " a good service"? :D :D

After three years I renewed the Lexus Assisitance that came with the car so I'm effectively with the RAC. I've never called them out however during the 3 3/4 years I've have my Lexus but the renewal price seemed quite good.

Use the RAC.... Never needed them however.

My dad is a disabled blue badge holder so the whole family qualified to join a special RAC scheme called 'Response.' We get all the trimimings (european breakdown, home recovery, nationwide tow etc) at a vastly reduced price. I think in the first year we paid £120 for 5 people! Gone up abit now but its still worth it. My dad has had to use them once for his Honda (dead battery) and they we efficient and polite.

See......Reading SAGA Magazine has some benefits! :P :lol:

I've got about 6 months left on my free RAC cover. Have also got the full monty breakdown service with my direct line insurance. Although will change to either AA or Rac when i change my insurance firm and declare all mods.

Been with teh RAC for over 10 years now. Only used them twice in that time...

Once when I was in someone else's car and it broke down.

Second time when I locked my keys in the boot of my own car :lol:

RAC now but have used AA and they were very good.

However we continued RAC membership that we got the car because:

1) they cover the driver, and not just the vehicle

2)continual membership without claims brings a annual reduction

3)i like changing things every now and then................

Number 1 is important because somethimes we drive other cars, and as i don`t ever expect my lexus to break, getting cover for driving others peoples cars seems like a sensible precaution :D

had RAC for 1st years ownership.

Called them out once, it was in the 2nd week of ownership, i had curbed an alloy and needed a hand changing it at a motorway service station (damm locking wheel nuts)...

Now i've AA cover with comes free with my Gold Account. Rang them once for the lexus, when one of my electric connectors came loose (sloved it before they got here tho). However i have used them on numerous occasions when I have been passengers in other cars.

RAC... used them a couple of years ago when I got 2... yes, 2 blow-outs on my trailer tent on the way home from holiday :crying: . They took me to the nearest tyre dealer after removing both wheels, and fitted the wheels back to the trailer - great, friendly service :winky:

green flag for me

absolutly first class service

needed them twice, both times for blowouts. they were with me within 20 and 35 minutes.

i'm still waiting for the AA to turn up over 5 years ago...............

Was with the RAC for years,but got cheaper deal with AA,+AA seem to be better at getting you back on the road,and always get a phone call at home after I have called them out,asking if everything was to my satisfaction.

Never had to use them for Lexi though, is this testing providence :blink:

Been with the AA for around 8 years, only ever used them twice, once in someone elses car and once for a tow when my timing belt snapped. No complaints, always responded quick. No particular reason i joined with them.

The sample of 26 responses is way too low to give an accurate response and is also skewed towards the RAC as a result of the Lexus/RAC tie-in.

Which? magazine does surveys on this type of thing - are there any Which? subscribers who could give some feedback?

Statto

I use green-flag as it come with me insurance..............and i have to say they are very good.............i only waitted 35-45 mins for them when i had my Crash ;) but i all so join the RAC this weekend as well.........as the RAC covers me for any car!! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links