Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fog Light Colour

Mr Morse

the fog lights in mine are 100watt PIAA plasma blue, to match the head lights, by law they should be white or yellow but as you don't need front fogs (some cars don't have any) why not be different and have red green or purple, or tint the lens with some Foliatec??? lots of options!!! :D :D :D

but if you do have fog lights fitted, then Im sure they need to be in working order and legal in order to pass MOT?

The fogs on my GS are yellow, came from the factory that way

You opened the lightcluster and modified them. They aren't road legal anymore. Think there are the EC Directives? But the mot-master doesn't know that they are modified :)

That's right Andi, opening them up invalidates the CE Bull**** logo, but what I want to do is just replace the bulbs, without opening up the light units.

Didn't know if a blue tint was UK legal though.... :o

You opened the lightcluster and modified them. They aren't road legal anymore. Think there are the EC Directives? But the mot-master doesn't know that they are modified :)

That's right Andi, opening them up invalidates the CE Bull**** logo, but what I want to do is just replace the bulbs, without opening up the light units.

Didn't know if a blue tint was UK legal though.... :o

That was me replying, BTW

Ah. I see. It's legal if the bulb has an E-mark printed to the mount.

Should be the same like in Germany. If not the same it will be within the next years :tomato:

Click for big:

P1221790.sized.jpg

Do you see the [E1]-Mark (E1 for Germany)

Lense-Markingcodes: LINK

Not very usefull for UK me thinks. But interesting.