Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crashed My Lex Today!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest its not the parts that are dear, its the labour and paint

I talked to the ins today and they told me to get a Quote just for Labour......... ;) is that what they go by......... :question:

ooouch

glad to see you and your son are ok thats the most important thing

thats a fair bit of damage mate, in my view they will write it off  :crybaby:

it all depends on their valuation of the car, and they never seem to value too high !

the more bills and reciepts you can produce the better, to try and convince them of the value

if they do write it off you want to try and buy it back if only to salvage your parts

you did declare all mods i hope  :ohmy:

once again sorry to see this, if you need any help let us know

Thanks Bazza :)

commiserations.

Hope the numbers given are of use.

My old bonnet is yours if u want it.

Glad you are both OK and hope the car gets back on the road ASAP

Dave

Thanks dave..........i could well need it mate thanks :)

hope you have more joy than i did ,all they would give me was market value on my van.

so what would you say the "MARKET" value is for an IS200 Turbo then............. :yawn:

there is'ent one ,they will give you market value for the car plus the price of the turbo and all the other mods .same with someone who has the s/c .you will be ask to supply bills etc for the cost of the turbo and the fitting of it .so might be a good idea to start looking for the receipts etc.

Looking again at the pics...

I really think it would end up being written off. The roof has some damage by the looks of it...

I worked in bodyshop doing insurance repairs few years back, and its no easy fix..

Don't mean to put downer on you mate...

Ouch - very glad to see that solid Japanese build kept you both safe.

Was on the A2 myself today - there are always plenty of chavmobiles down the Bexleyheath end trying for a race - nightmare :duh:

keeping my fingers crossed for ya tho, i was lucky as i had no 'A' pillar damage to my car.

but i do know that things like that are sure bad when it comes to the man hours to replace.

either way, you might get a newer car to play with and re-install all your existing turbo kit into!

OMFG :crying:

Good that u and ur son r OK buddy. :whistling:

I really hope they can fix it....

Whose fault was that??

Maybe any insurance agency could help with the costs?!? :unsure:

The carbon bonnet seems OK :blink:

The front wheels looks tilted.... hope the axle isn't that damages..... at all I hope the chassis frame is OK.

Otherwise it could really get expensive then.... :ph34r:

Let us know how things are goin' on.

Thanks dave........I hope i can take you up on that :winky: :)

got a front subrame with all suspension bits attached which may be of use to you.

Thanks Matt...............But im hopeing it dont come to this.........but if i have to go down that road, i know who to call (matt :winky: ) Thanks

if you do buy the car back......i will be able to repair it for you

Yea i know mate, this is why i love this club so much :blush: all the guys on hear are the best....................they are all ways willing to help if they can, :)

Just like to say a Big Thank you to you all!.............for all the help you guys are willing to offer........... :blush: :) THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS :blush: Its nice to know your help is there.........

Well there you have it Marcus, between all the members here, now you have the car re-built, its not what you expected to read this weekend :crybaby:  but, you are not out there on your own.

Let me know if you want to use a non-lexus person. there's a bodyworks guy in Leatherhead, not too far from you if you crashed on the A2. He did some work on my brothers GTi and I've seen some of his other stuff and his work is unbelievably good.

Will do dave................i should know by the end of monday......what they are going to do :)

Let me know how it goes young man

Thanks mate..................

Let me know if you want to use a non-lexus person.  there's a bodyworks guy in Leatherhead, not too far from you if you crashed on the A2.  He did some work on my brothers GTi and I've seen some of his other stuff and his work is unbelievably good.

The car Value  that i told the ins............is 10K  ;)

blimey, mines insured for more than that and without a turbo and half your mods!

damage does look pretty nasty, may take the insurance co a while to decide on that judging by my recent experience

Sorry to hear this mate. And the end of the say its just a lump of metal - your okay so thats the main thing.

Hope the insurance don't mess you about too much! :)

All the Best! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links