Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IRAQ.........something close to my heart

Monster-Mat

For all the usual reasons (last thing the Middle East needs is another war etc)

But main reason is a pure distrust of America, and George Bush's, motivations.

I believe he feels has a 'score to settle' for his father.

Nor can I help but think that a war is just what is needed to distract the American public from the crumbling stock market, corrupt companies etc.

If (when) we do go ahead, invade Iraq, and bring about a regime change - what will this change?

Who put Saddam in place originally?

Do we really want to risk the lives of British forces, to ensure the continuity of Amercia's oil supply?

No, sorry - I'm afraid I don't.

(only my opinions)

I see a deranged man - the puppet of his generals - quite obviously a megalomaniac.

He hoards a huge arsenal of the worlds nastiest destructive weapons.

He seems hell bent on war regardless of anyone else's views or the consequences for his people.

Well, that's the US president covered, so who's this other bloke :smilegrin:

Hmmm I see what you mean - a pariah nation that stock piles (or did) chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, has used nuclear weapons on civilians, is increasing global tension by developing a missile defence shield, has a huge impact on the environment and refuses to bow to international pressure to clean up...etc..

Time to invade the US....

Originally posted by Claire G

I think both the US and UK have their own agendas

I think one of my major reasons for being against this is a deep dis-trust of George Bush's motivation for this.

I must admit to making my earlier posting before reading "the" dossier, and hearing the parlimentary debate.

I am happier now about our motivation, and was glad to hear Tony Blair talking about putting a resolution forward to the UN to disarm Iraq of these weapons to ensure they can't be used, and that regime change was not on the UK's agenda.

I am still against it - but I am happier with Tony Blair's actions.

However, I still distrust America's motivations, and insistence of "declaring war" in spite of the UN and insisting on removing Saddam.

Don't get me wrong - I do not Hussien is a good man or leader - but I do not think that America have the right to simpy barge in and remove him, then replace him with someone else they do "approve of"

IM ANNOYED AND SHOCKED AT WHAT I HAVE HEARD ON NEWS AND READ IN THE PAPER!

SADDAM IS PLANNING TO HIT CYPRUS TURKEY AND THE SURROUNDING COUNTRIES WITH UK FORCES STATIONED. HEARD THAT ON THE NEWS LAST NIGHT. THOUGHT WHAT A ****** ALL THOSE PPL GONNA DIE IF HE HITS WITH THOSE WEAPONS HE HAS.

READ THE PAPER TODAY AND IT SAYS SADDAM TO HIT CYPRUS ON 1 PAGE THEN IT GOES ON TO SAY ABOUT ALL THE UK ARMY TROOPS CYPRUS HAS AND THE TOURISTS THAT ARE IN DANGER. MAN I FLIPPED. ITS AS IF ALL THE OTHER PPL DNT EXISTONLY UK TROOPS AND TOURISTS.

I GOT **** FAMILY OVER THERE, SO MANY OF THEM MORE THAN A HUNDRED EASY AND ALL THE OTHER PPL THAT AINT ENGLISH THAT ARE IN CYPRUS AND GREECE AND TURKEY PLUS SURROUNDING COUNTRIES, WHAT ABOUT THEM????

SEEMS TO ME PPL DNT GIVE A ***** BOUT OTHERS THAT AINT FROM UK.I KNOW IT AINT EVERYBODY BUT SEEMS LIKE IT.

I DISLIKED TURKS BECAUSE OF THE FEUD WE HAVE WITH THEM FOR TAKING HALF OF CYPRUS BUT WOULDNT WISH BEING HIT BY ANY OF THOSE WEOPENS THAT SICK TYRANT SADDAM HAS ON ANY ONE NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE OR WHERE THEY ARE FROM.

I JUST PRAY THAT IT GETS SORTED AND NO WORLD WAR ERUPTS.

I'LL LIGHT A CANDLE NXT TIME AT CHURCH AND PRAY SOME MORE.

SORRY IF I SEEM ****** OFF BUT I AM:flaming::flaming:

Same all over in the media Playa, one American or Brit might be slightly upset in the headline story, followed down at number 6 by stories about thousands of people in the second or third worlds starving or being murdered.

The whole Western media assumption that one western life equals about a thousand people from outside the West is pretty sick, but I suppose is based on the assumption that the viewers don't give damm about them either.

I can't belive that Saddam will attack Greece, Cyrous, or Turkey with non-conventional weapons. He never had the balls to use them on Israel because he knows that the West will nuke him if he tries it. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a go at those places with conventionally armed missiles if the Americans push him to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Get him.

We should have sorted him last time round.

I'm also sick of seeing his UGLY mug on the TV, and in newspapers most days.

I'm an engineer on Tornado and some rates and LSSA, always come in handy.

If a job has to be done, well, let's do it. I'll use the money to pay for a sports grille and skirts all round.

Cheers ................. bs :P

Firstly, what does a war with a poor nation achieve, secondly as a Ex Bootneck I like a *** fight but being a pawn in a political power lust to boost ones economy is not favourable.

Secondly think about this, we know Saddam is a bit of a nutter, but he is pretty predictable so we can guess what he is likely to do, if we force another leader then we have the unpredictable. There are countries with more scary weapons than him and just as big a nutters in chardge. The balance in the middle east is bad enough, the proirity of our Governments should be to stabalize Isreal and Palastine as this is the flashpoint for WW3.

Dont get me wrong if I was called up if thing really hit the fan then I would fight but I would not be happy to die for in a war so THE USA can boost its falling economy.

Look at JFK he was assasinated because he was going to stop massive arms sales at a time when there economy was faltering. The business men and bankers of nations make desicions not polititions.

Hey deep and heavy but think about it.

Chow for now

Morphy

sorry .............dont agree ,well not 100% anyway

:info:,look at history,look at facts

if there are sub-political reasons,the facts are the country isnt stable.......if you stabalise Iraq,palastine / Israel will be easier

remove the rotten apples and the tree becomes more healthy

The middle east has never been stable but anger created by outsiders only adds to the instability, the underlying fact with isreal and palastine is the fear of the third temple being biult which is according to beliefs ging to bring about armmageddon, if the temple is built then ***** will be reborn and so will the Devil and they will fight on earth. The rest of the middle east has gone from being territorial/religous to a hatred for the west . The solution is simple, talk face to face, treat others fairly and see what happens, we could all be suprised.

fear of the third temple being biult which is according to beliefs ging to bring about armmageddon, if the temple is built then ***** will be reborn and so will the Devil and they will fight on earth

Not sure about the third temple bit although my end-times theology is a bit ropey. As I understand it it is when the "abomination that causes desolation" is set up on the temple mount - whatever that is.

There is no point to any future temple - the temple of G.o.d's presence is now his believers. The Holy Spirit dwells in those that believe and accept J.e.s.u.s.

The bible says that C.h.r.i.s.t won't be reborn - he'll come back in the same way that he went up to heaven - out of the sky. Neither will the devil be reborn - he's alive and well and having quite an effect on the earth.

Ah found it...sorry this is long....but...

3As J.e.s.u.s was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John and Andrew asked him privately, 4"Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are all about to be fulfilled?"

5J.e.s.u.s said to them: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 6Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many. 7When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 8Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

9"You must be on your guard. You will be handed over to the local councils and flogged in the synagogues. On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them. 10And the gospel must first be preached to all nations. 11Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.

12"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child. Children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 13All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

14"When you see 'the abomination that causes desolation'[1] standing where it[2] does not belong--let the reader understand--then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15Let no one on the roof of his house go down or enter the house to take anything out. 16Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. 17How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 18Pray that this will not take place in winter, 19because those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning, when G.o.d created the world, until now--and never to be equaled again. 20If the L.o.r.d had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them. 21At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the C.h.r.i.s.t[3] !' or, 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. 22For false C.h.r.i.s.t.s and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect--if that were possible. 23So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.

24"But in those days, following that distress,

" 'the sun will be darkened,

and the moon will not give its light;

25the stars will fall from the sky,

and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'[4]

26"At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens. (Mark 13)

I think that religious stuff has no place on a Lexus site, when everyone knows that Moses drove a Triumph.

It clearly states in the Bible that "Moses came down from the mountain in Triumph"

Lexus is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible

The person that said that Benz made the first car is obviously does not study the Bible as closely as me :lol: