Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

*HELP* creaky/squeaking noise from driver side

Hi all,

I am from USA and bought a IS300 5 months ago. From month 2, I notice there is creaky/squeaking noise coming from somewhere of the driver side occasionally(I thought it is from the driver seat.) I brought it back to the dealer twice and they can't find anything wrong. Anybody has the same problem? Could you let me know how to fix it? This is really annoying and drives me nuts.

Appreciate your help!

Helen

Hi Helen

I've had exactly the same problem with my IS300. Took it back to the dealer and they could'nt hear anything. They said they'd greased the runners on the drivers seat, just for good measure. Guess what!! The noise stopped, but only for about two months. It does'nt happen as often now, so i'm just going to make sure I get the runners greased every service! I hope that helps a bit.

Cheers

Martin :cool:

a few of us have had a problem with the seat belt buckle squeaking - have a quick look in the workshop section under the heading " got a squeaky seat?" - sorry this computer wont let me paste the link to the post.:(

regards rob.

I had the same kind of problem (common I think).

The dealer said "Aah yes, we know what that is" - when it came back they had sprayed silicone grease on the seat-belt buckle mounting bolt AND the leather where it meets the seat base (yes really).

Didn't make a scrap of difference except the seat-belt stalk moves about a lot easier and I had to clean the seats :mad:

I sprayed a small amount of SG in each of the stalks (where the buckle latches in to) and, although it still creaks occasionally, it seems a lot better.