he's been side tracked on Mr Morse's black beauty  :blush:

Wasn't me jumping the Q dude :blush:

So that's why i've been waiting four and a half weeks :P

@ Mike how's it getting on mate? What sort of bhp you going to be running? :D

he's been side tracked on Mr Morse's black beauty  :blush:

Wasn't me jumping the Q dude :blush:

So that's why i've been waiting four and a half weeks :P

@ Mike how's it getting on mate? What sort of bhp you going to be running? :D

Dave was hoping to have mine all done today, but the gaskets that I supplied from Toyota turned out to be for the IS200, strange, since they were ordered based upon my chassis No. :ph34r: So had to order new ones.

I am preying for:

Cat-back 8 BHP (already done)

Typhoon 8 BHP (already done)

De-catted manifold & race pipe est. 25-30 BHP

So, assuming that the auto tranny takes 15% of 211 BHP @ flywheel, I reckon that 215 BHP at the hubs would be a VERY respectable figure. :D

Be very nice if I can crack the 8 sec 0-60 @ TRAX :lol:

Dave's still working on the blowjob but it's still in the 2005 programme.....

@scarface - tried the tie-wrap throttle cable mod yet?

strange, since they were ordered based upon my chassis No. 

It's not really an IS300 ............. that's why you have debadged it ! :lol:

Nope not yet mate .......... will get round to it soon ........ I'm off for 5 days now ... so no excuse B)

strange, since they were ordered based upon my chassis No. 

It's not really an IS300 ............. that's why you have debadged it ! :lol:

Nope not yet mate .......... will get round to it soon ........ I'm off for 5 days now ... so no excuse B)

Ahmet....Are you taking my thread :offtopic::question: :P

And to bring it back on line........it'll be cool to compare the performances of

- Blown IS200

- Blown Tezza (hope so Zee)

- N/A IS300 taken as far as it'll go without forced air

I agree mate. Should be a fun day :D

Might ask someone like Mat though to do a 0 - 60 for me, so its a proper time and not just me ballsing it up :blush:

Adie - you must be chomping at the bit to get your car back!! 4 1/2 weeks! :crying: WOW! Will be worth it however.

What kind of 0 - 60 time should you be able to achieve with your Turbo then?

Scooby/Evo's seem to be around the 5 sec mark. Are you expecting something similar? :driving:

Not got a clue mate.

Which is why i might ask a capable driver to do a 0 - 60 for me also. Then i'll know my proper time and not just my nervous efforts...

Any takers?? (Drivers need to be vetted)

Maybe mate... Not sure if you could handle the power though :P

lol ......... yeah right. I have driven a lot more faster cars, in a lot more critical circumstances (whilst at work) .... then you have had hot dinners ! :whistling: :winky:

You doing any in the 300?

Nope ........... don't know if I'm going ......... but I just thought I'd offer up.

I have driven a lot more faster cars, in a lot more critical circumstances (whilst at work) .... then you have had hot dinners ! :whistling:  :winky:

I've had quite a lot of hot dinners, some very nice ones too

Yeah let Mat do it, he certainly knows how to drive the IS to it's limits!

As for Ahmet, not sure if those Pandas are that quick mate :P

Personally I highly doubt even a turbo IS200 would break the 7 second barrier due to the gearbox - you need the three gear changes to get above ~55mph!

It will go well afterwards but can't see it really going thru 7 seconds to be honest?

Yeah let Mat do it, he certainly knows how to drive the IS to it's limits!

As for Ahmet, not sure if those Pandas are that quick mate :P

Personally I highly doubt even a turbo IS200 would break the 7 second barrier due to the gearbox - you need the three gear changes to get above ~55mph!

It will go well afterwards but can't see it really going thru 7 seconds to be honest?

Thats what i was thinking mate around 7 secs. But then again i'd be happy with that anyway. What's the standard IS 0 - 60 time?

Looks like Mat could well be the man to do it. Although it'd seem very slow after he'd been driving around in the monster. :D

Think officially mate it's 9.5 seconds and the TTE SC kit is supposed to take 2.2 seconds off that so that's 7.3 seconds - you may make under 7 seconds but the gearbox is the problem!

I think in terms of timings that have been done with the SC kit the car comes out at over 8 seconds with the SC kit? Think it was one of the Euro members came up with those timings?

There were some really old posts putting up much shorter figures but not sure what is actually right - if the IS could hit 60 in second then the figures would be much shorter!!!

Hehe 40 in second is slow mate, if you take her up through the rev range you'll get into the 50's but no higher - I guess with some makes they make the car reach 60 as quickly as possible but even though the 0-60 in't great in the IS it was much better than it sounded on the motorway as it was in the rev range it liked at that point due to the ACIS valves and timing changing above 4250rpm!

It was really strange being in an Altezza which went well over 60 in second gear!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links