Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Fitting At Jae

RX-Men-8

Shoud I fit the S/C at JAE  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Shoud I fit the S/C at JAE

• Do it, it can be done in a day easy and it'll be fun
    • Don't do it, it'll just rain all day, you'll never get it ready, or it will break down on the way home

STOP THE PRESS!!!!!! :excl:

Been pointed in the direction of this thread by Fargo (Paul)!! I have been having the exact same cutout problems on my car of late!!! Believe me, it has almost reduced me to tears a couple of times!!

It's only been happening when it's fairly hot...the other day the car wouldn't start at all...for no reason...turns over, fires, starts, then cuts out a second later! Just as Gerhard has explained...I even got the engine light on and TRC light flashing the other day when it cutout!!

Gerhard...thank you :P ....I know you experiencing the problem was not nice but you have really made someone very happy with this thread!!! :D :D

Right...off to my email to contact TTE!!! :hehe:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorted :)

The way it now runs makes me realise that it hadn't been right before from the start.  Performance above 4000 rpm is now good as well, before it kind of ran like a turbodiesel, lots of torque at 2500-4000 rpm, but relatively unwilling above 4500 rpm (not much more than standard).  And the 2 occasions it went into emergency mode (engine light on + trc light flashing)  was probably a forebode of complete failure. 

I now have to fear for the clutch, it is really pulling aggressively :D  And you're at top speed before you know it.

Very happy, and TTE really reacted quickly :thumbsup:

RX-Men-8

TTE are excellent with after sales service............

got a few helix clutches lying around :whistling:

I thought the standard clutch was ok with the SC fitted Dave?

Just wondering as I need to sort mine at some point, won't be for a while due to cash flow and as it's not too bad in the dry (seems worse in the wet) I'm just going to live with it!

STOP THE PRESS!!!!!! :excl:

Been pointed in the direction of this thread by Fargo (Paul)!!  I have been having the exact same cutout problems on my car of late!!!  Believe me, it has almost reduced me to tears a couple of times!!

It's only been happening when it's fairly hot...the other day the car wouldn't start at all...for no reason...turns over, fires, starts, then cuts out a second later!  Just as Gerhard has explained...I even got the engine light on and TRC light flashing the other day when it cutout!!

Gerhard...thank you  :P ....I know you experiencing the problem was not nice but you have really made someone very happy with this thread!!! :D  :D

Right...off to my email to contact TTE!!! :hehe:

Hope you get it sorted, and here's a little tip on when it won't start:

Just snip out the piggyback ecu and reconnect the middle wire (red/green as I recall) that was cut in two for the install. Then just unhook the bypass cable from the S/C so it won't make boost. Then you can drive it quite normally, as without SC (but you'll still hear the S/C whining).

Cheers,

RX-Men-8