Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Our Glorious Leader

tdiplc

that's a question for a Friday afternoon!

short answer - no

long answer?

I seriously doubt the ability of any person or group to run the country.

A serious shake up, 're-engineering' type process is required for a lot of areas, and no party will the take risks.

they stand for election on the basis of reasonably nice safe policies designed to appeal to the maximum number of people, then have to stick to them.

What do you reckon my chances would be if I stood with my manifesto of

- making prisons worse. Turn them into hellholes, with no toilets, and feeding consists of chucking a couple of cows in every day. Yeah its horrible - but the answer is easy don't commit any crimes and you don't get stuck in a hole. Thats not difficult - you have to deliberately out of your way to end up in jail.

- legalise prostituition. Its been illegal for ages, and that has achieved precisely nothing. Free up the police resources catching murders, rapists and burgalars

- go zero tolerance on drugs. Anybody found with even a speck of drugs goes in the hole (see prisons above). I sometimes favour completely legalising it (for the same reasons as prostitution), but more and more favour complete zero tolerance, as fear of the hole should reduce demand - putting dealers (true scum) out of business.

How many votes do you think I would get standing with that?

:)

What you want is a benevolent dictator...........to many self interested people get in the way.

Ban committees ??? They gave us the camel !

I had a O.U lecturer that reckoned that without T.V there would be a revoloution as it was T.V that stopped people thinking about the s**t state of the country........

Originally posted by tdiplc

hmmmmmmmmmmm........what about asylum seekers :?:

no more I'm afraid.

it's simply a case of resources.

we do not have enough resources (eg hospitals, schools etc) to go around the number of people in the country already.

it's just supply and demand.

the demand already outstrips the supply, so how will increasing the demand help?

don't get me wrong - I do feel sorry for those people being persecuted in other countries, and to some degree proud that they see the UK as a source of hope.

If the country was in a better state - then I my opinion would be different - but we just do not have the resources available.

Originally posted by DaveEllen

I had a O.U lecturer that reckoned that without T.V there would be a revoloution as it was T.V that stopped people thinking about the s**t state of the country........

I agree with your lecturer.

bread and circuses worked for the Romans.

Coronation Street and I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here serve just as well now.

Not big on politics, but seeing as we are a car owners club I think the state of the roads needs a mention. The roads are a pile of s@*t and getting worse, at least round our way.

The local authority is not getting the funding from government to do anything about them.

The amount we pay in tax and the state of the roads is a disgrace.

At least give us some banked corners!

On asylum seekers... my view is that we should try to help genuine ones...but too many are economic refugees...

My wife comes from romania and she gets quite agitated when romanian asylum seekers appear as the miniority that did get hassle , the gypsies, are now protected by similair race relation laws to ours..........

Someone genuinely in fear of their life will make their selves known at the point of entry in my humble opinion.......

on T.V and it being the new opiate of the masses......the more I think about it the more I agree with the lecturer (Gerry) ....seemingly I've got to work until I'm 70 now.......I've never been unemployed pay 40% tax.......why is my state pension going to be worthless......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Benevolent dictator.......Mr Blair is'nt really worth wasting my time on......anyone remember when he was a proper lefty ??? anyone remember what David blunkett did to sheffield...........

think I'd better calm down...........

gonna save up an d buy my own island !!!

:flaming:

Question - Are decent roads, low taxation, low crime, better schools, better hospitals etc, mutually exclusive to giving cash and houses to the hoards of people that invade our shores :?:

Not such a straightforward relationship between those things.

Would preventing asylum seekers entering the country directly lead to better schools?

I would rather spend less money on jails (for one) and directly pump it into schools hospitals etc.

How much do you think this country spends ensuring that people who find themselves incapable of not committing crimes have a nice warm bed and three meals day?

How's this for a novel approach:

* Life means life

* Crimes against the person carry a harsher sentance than crimes against property

* No more economic asylum seekers but help and sympathy for genuine asylum seekers persecuted or in fear of their lives in their own countries

* Our taxes actually used for their purpose - N.I. is actually spent on schools, hospitals etc, Pension money actually goes into pension funds and road tax gets spent on roads!

:mad:

I'm with you Dave

A third of our childred in poverty.

80% of our pensioners (who gave us the freedom we currently have) in poverty.

Tax payers dying whlie waiting to be seen in hosptals.

The law abiding are afraid to walk the streets at night.

Murders and rapists being released early because incarceration conravenes their human rights.

We will be dragged unwillingly into the Euro because of the backhanders to and from corrupt politicians.

Druggies openly conducting business on the streets.

Blair blatanty ripping the p*ss out of the masses with his outrageous nepostism.

The floodgates are wide open to the flotsam and vermin in the world.

Barriers erected in English cities to segregate the Muslim and white communities. How long before that happens in most cities in the UK?

The indiginous population diminishing at record levels.

The imigrant population growing at record levels.

It's not looking good.

This once great country is finished. Last one to leave turn the light out!

Mark- Kindred spirits !!!!!!!!!!!

Everything you say I agree with.......

Too many namby pandy's........until i was 12 if i swore my mum would wash my mouth out with soap.......by swear i mean a odd bloody.........it worked (well in the house !).........if she did that now I could get her arrested !!..........the way kids speak these days........what respect will they have when they are 20 if they are like that when they are 8...............

also what about the teacher threatened with death........and pupils being reinstated by the appeals body......and sec of state skoda (estelle) morris cant intervene.........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :flaming:

I reckon there should be fairness and justice in everyting, but I think that political correctness has gone way too far now.

Am I the only one suffering from toleration fatigue?

Mark,

With you on that one - working in recuitment / HR consultancy we are so shrouded in PC terminology and general rubbish that I spend most my time worried that we're about to get sued for another ridiculous reason

Si

since july 01 I've been working at LB Lambeth........truly a haven for all PC types........I was told that they employed a post room supervisor a few years ago..........who could not read or write......an appointment based on colour which beggars belief.......I'm not a racist and the remaining problems @ Lambeth are down to white middle managers who have made a career out of not making a decision...........

California on Monday - Islington Wednesday - Law Friday..............

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh:flaming:

Originally posted by DaveEllen

also what about the teacher threatened with death........and pupils being reinstated by the appeals body......and sec of state skoda (estelle) morris cant intervene.........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :flaming:

I simply could not believe this today.

The mother of one of the children is all over the radio news, up in arms because the school won't accept her scumbag of a child back!!!

The fact that he threatened to kill another human being is not the issue with her.

She does not deny that the threats were made, she is not on radio protesting her son's innocence - she is making a fuss because she feels the school must be made to take the ratboy back!

And the really sick thing, and the fact that truly disgusts me is this.

1- How long do you think it will be before she has sold her story to some newspaper?

2- How much do you think she will get for it?

Originally posted by Claire G

How's this for a novel approach:

* Crimes against the person carry a harsher sentance than crimes against property

Afraid I don't agree with this one Claire. :(

Crimes against property should be treated just as seriously as crimes against the person.

But both should be treated harshly.

I work really hard for my possessions.

I have not been left any large inheritance, or had a lottery win.

Everything I have, I have earned by going out and working.

OK - I'm a computer consultant, so I'm not digging holes, but I still work hard on jobs I don't always enjoy to ensure I can live in a lifestyle that suits me.

Why should someone with no social conscience think it is OK to take my car? Or break into my house and steal my TV / DVD / stereo?

There are so many topics opening up on this thread - so I'll concentrate on just one.

When asylum seekers have trudged across the whole of Europe (or half way round the world) - why are they so determined to get into Britain? Okay we have national health etc.... but surely France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, sunny Spain etc....... must look attractive as they pass through? Or are people in the rest of Europe having discussions like this?

Originally posted by Jev

When asylum seekers have trudged across the whole of Europe (or half way round the world) - why are they so determined to get into Britain?

read this

which explains how asylum seekers cost £300 million pound a year.

Then contrast that with

this article

which includes the quote

"we predict that by 2006 the prison population in England and Wales will be over 90,000, at an annual cost of £4bn.

So the people who are really sucking the life out of schools, hospitals, pensions etc are the dregs of society for whom we are spending billions of pounds every year to make sure they get nice beds and food.

Would people here rather give food and somewhere to live to people who make a concious decision to steal, rape, assault and kill, than support people trying to escape persection?

As I have said in an earlier post in this thread, I believe that we should put a halt to accepting asylum seekers, as we simply do not have the resources to go around.

But I would rather we throw the criminals in a hellhole of a pit in the ground with no toilets / guards / beds etc and save billions of pounds a year, than save the £300 million that the asylum seekers cost us.

ok i aint read this hole thread but hee r my views

glorious leader is an idiot i hate him and the rest of the ppl with him, full of ***** and just follows bush around like a lost puppy

the kid that threatened the teacher needs a kickin and so does his mom. who does the little ***** think he is doin that then tryin to gt back in school

thing about the possesion damage- i agree with matt. what right has someone got to steal/destroy someone elses property no matter how small or inexpensive it may be.

also think the law is absoloute bull. if someone brakes into your house and you catch them trying to rob you and you beat the scum bag down for trying it they can have you done for assault etc. what a LOAD OF *****!! so if someone tries to rob you dnt hurt them, instead get up and give them a hand loading your 42" widescreen into there car/van wouldn't want them to hurt themselves.......... CLOWNS!!

did you hear bout that guy in the US he went and robbed a video and some other stuff from a house. He went back and plugged the video in, inserted a tape and got electric shock....... he took the ppl he stole it from to court and he got compensation....... i mean what the **** is that about. its a true story.

also i think them kids that go round stealing etc that are bout 12 and then cant have anything done to them coz they are too young. bull****. you seen the places they put the young offenders in in brazil,US etc they make the kid think long and hard before they do it again. in here they put them in detention centers and they got playstations, tv's hi-fi's etc, basically they got it better in the detention center than they have in the real world so course they gonna re-offend when they get out!!!this really annoys me

:mad::mad: man im worked up now gonna go kick the **** out my punch bag and speedball:flaming: