Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

26k On Factory Fitted Pads?

Drummerboy

I have just about covered 26k on the original brake pads and they need replacing........ well certainly the fronts do (havent looked at rears as yet) :duh:

That doesn't seem to be great pad life to me................. is this normal or am I just eating through them cos I drive the wheels off my car :driving:

I have ordered the Mintex replacements............. should I expect better longevity from these or similar lifespan but with better stopping power? I'm on stock discs BTW :o

I have just about covered 26k on the original brake pads and they need replacing........ well certainly the fronts do (havent looked at rears as yet) :duh:

That doesn't seem to be great pad life to me................. is this normal or am I just eating through them cos I drive the wheels off my car :driving:

I have ordered the Mintex replacements............. should I expect better longevity from these or similar lifespan but with better stopping power? I'm on stock discs BTW :o

I have just had a call from Lexus Croydon as my car is in for its 20K service who have informed me that I have about 3k left on my front Pads!!!

So it must be the norm if your experiencing the same - quoted me £170 for replacements. :crybaby:

Also my air filter was blocked - is that normal???

brake pad wear is all down to the way the car is driven

different types of driving will cause more wear ie: motorway against in town

automatics will wear them a lot quicker against manuals

and if you tow anything you may need shares in a pad manufacturer :crying:

Blimey Pete I don't even hoover out the front room!

As for pads I've done 10k on my fronts and they need replacing already - saying that my entire brake system needs replacing as well from what they said. It had two to three weeks left in it.

A month ago!

It still works!

20k is about normal for Milton keynes driving, 'cos of the roundabouts.

but check carefully the wording of the brake pad guarantee, as theres room for 'constructive negotiation', especially if you get them done at a 'high street' garage..........

16year old mechanics and managers that never stay at the same place for more than 6months can be used to your advantage :shifty: :winky:

16year old mechanics and managers that never stay at the same place for more than 6months can be used to your advantage :shifty:  :winky:

I'll be doing them myself as the song says "with a little help from my friends" ;)

Have to change oil and filter this evening aswell........ :crying:

Ditto

Another manufacturer said I only had about 5k left on a set of pads on a 20k service and I should have them replace them ASAP because they would not last till 30k.

I said I would wait till I got the dashboard light and after I sold the car at 35k I still didn't have the light and no scraping noises.

Just out of interest how fat are pads when new on an IS200 ?

From previous pad changes many years ago I seem to recall new pads having about 1cm of meat ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links