Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Price Of New Is

For those people who have already ordered a new IS250 or IS220d, what was the price for the car? Perhaps Lexus are not issuing prices yet but I just wondered if anyone knew yet.

When I spoke to the salesman in Lexus Hull a few months back he reckoned they had loads of orders already. Pretty risky to order something without driving first as let's face it the current model is hardly perfect.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those people who have already ordered a new IS250 or IS220d, what was the price for the car?  Perhaps Lexus are not issuing prices yet but I just wondered if anyone knew yet.

When I spoke to the salesman in Lexus Hull a few months back he reckoned they had loads of orders already.  Pretty risky to order something without driving first as let's face it the current model is hardly perfect.

Hardly perfect ?

Well that's going to be the same comment for every car.

For someone who currently Loves the IS ..... could be really sure that they want the New IS.

So the fact that the current IS isn't perfect ... doesn't really have anything to do with the new IS has it ?

I'm sure all those people waiting on the list can't be wrong .........

Hardly perfect - IS300 takes over 8 secs to 60 and produces rubbish mpg if you have a heavy right foot. As for IS200, close to 10 secs to 60 and zero performance under 4,500rpm which means mps also stuffed if you want any kind of performance.

This is my point, I would not go near an order form until I had driven the new engine as there would need to be big improvements before I bought another lexus.

Hardly perfect - IS300 takes over 8 secs to 60 and produces rubbish mpg if you have a heavy right foot.  As for IS200, close to 10 secs to 60 and zero performance under 4,500rpm which means mps also stuffed if you want any kind of performance.

From reading that ....... you don't seem like a very happy IS owner.

Why did you buy an IS then ? ......... or even still - why do you still own one ? :duh:

Hardly perfect - IS300 takes over 8 secs to 60 and produces rubbish mpg if you have a heavy right foot.  As for IS200, close to 10 secs to 60 and zero performance under 4,500rpm which means mps also stuffed if you want any kind of performance.

This is my point, I would not go near an order form until I had driven the new engine as there would need to be big improvements before I bought another lexus.

what the point of your post then ? you've already made your mind up ?

wait til there are here drive one.............order one (if you can afford it :winky: )

Rubbish - the IS300 returns better MPG than the IS200 over a decent run

Why did you buy an IS then ? ......... or even still - why do you still own one ? :duh:

I bought an new IS 2 yrs ago and was taken in by the high spec and overall quality of the car. With time I became v unhappy with the performance side of the car and fed up of having to thrash the engine for any kind of performance.

Don't get me wrong, the IS is an excellent all round package but the performance side of things is lacking. I sold about 2 mths back and bought a 330d which has no issues re performance.

I was considering the IS350, but since Lexus won't be bringing it to the UK (for a few years at least), then WTF

And anyway the new IS looks shaite and they have lost one of the best points - the chrono style dials.

New IS = Buy a Mazda

I bought an new IS 2 yrs ago and was taken in by the high spec and overall quality of the car. With time I became v unhappy with the performance side of the car and fed up of having to thrash the engine for any kind of performance.

Don't get me wrong, the IS is an excellent all round package but the performance side of things is lacking. I sold about 2 mths back and bought a 330d which has no issues re performance.

330d is a bit more wonga..............than an IS200

so not a true comparison IMHO

the prat count in a BMW is somewhat higher the the IS BTW

You should have spent 3K on a s/c...............

you got a 330d and thats a spots car is it :lol: you would of been better keeping the IS and puting a Turbo on it, like me.....................and i have to say, now i have the turbo the only B*W that gets away from is the M3 out of all the 3?? :P :winky: :driving:

I bought an new IS 2 yrs ago and was taken in by the high spec and overall quality of the car.  With time I became v unhappy with the performance side of the car and fed up of having to thrash the engine for any kind of performance.

Don't get me wrong, the IS is an excellent all round package but the performance side of things is lacking.  I sold about 2 mths back and bought a 330d which has no issues re performance.

Right. So you bought a Beemer diesel having owned an IS200 and have no issues over performance?

But the spec level is pants. The quality is pants. And the image is.... well.... lets say not a Lexus. :yawn:

So if all you wanted was performance, why didn't you buy a Catherham? Oh - but you say in the first line you were "taken in by the high spec and overall quality of the car".

So I'm not quite sure where the heck you're going with this........ <_<

This is my point - people need to add a turbo to improve performance. Why doesn't Lexus recognise this and do something with the performance. They have never changed the engine in the current IS200 in all the time it has been out. Take a look at the Lexus magazine which they send out - there are more articles on cooking and art than any form of car review.

For those people who have already ordered a new IS250 or IS220d, what was the price for the car?  Perhaps Lexus are not issuing prices yet but I just wondered if anyone knew yet.

When I spoke to the salesman in Lexus Hull a few months back he reckoned they had loads of orders already.  Pretty risky to order something without driving first as let's face it the current model is hardly perfect.

A pre-order is not a contractual committment to buy though is it?

I suspect the people who have pre-ordered have only put a refundable deposit down, in order to get near the front of any queue.

They will still be able to thoroughly test drive the car before formally ordering.

So - I think they are only risking being a deposit "out of pocket" until the test drive, after which they can order formally, or get their money back.

Hardly a huge risk

This is my point - people need to add a turbo to improve performance.  Why doesn't Lexus recognise this and do something with the performance.  They have never changed the engine in the current IS200 in all the time it has been out.  Take a look at the Lexus magazine which they send out - there are more articles on cooking and art than any form of car review.

Firstly, people do not buy a Lexus to race. It is NOT marketed as a "performance car". If that's what you wanted - then YOU made a mistake. Not Lexus. The IS200 is the most successful car they have ever built. Why change an engine if it works and does what it says on the tin?

Secondly, if you don;t like the articles - here is an easy solution - don't read them.

Finally, how many magazines do you get from BMW then?

This is my point - people need to add a turbo to improve performance.  Why doesn't Lexus recognise this and do something with the performance.  They have never changed the engine in the current IS200 in all the time it has been out.  Take a look at the Lexus magazine which they send out - there are more articles on cooking and art than any form of car review.

Lexus are not a performance marque.

Its not how they see themselves, nor how they sell themselves.

What advertising materials did you read that said the IS was a powerhouse?

Right.  So you bought a Beemer diesel having owned an IS200 and have no issues over performance?

You have lost the plot if you are trying to say the IS200 out performs a 330d?! 204bhp and over 300 ft/lb torque at 1,800 rpm....

This BS about power all goes back to the "gentlemans" agreement whereby the Jap mfs agreed not to put out more than 276bhp (I think). Since then Misubishi and Subaru have said bollox

The 2JZ in the IS300 is good for many horses and is good for 500 bhp

I love the IS looks thats why i got one, i did not get it for its performance............but as time has gone on i wantted a bit more from my lex, as i did not want to sell it! as there is no car out there with the looks of the IS, so i put a Turbo on it..................you should see the faces of the guys in all the 325,330 and so its just so much fun now :P :winky:

Right.  So you bought a Beemer diesel having owned an IS200 and have no issues over performance?

You have lost the plot if you are trying to say the IS200 out performs a 330d?! 204bhp and over 300 ft/lb torque at 1,800 rpm....

Thanks for quoting that ONE thing I said.

I made an error with question mark. It was meant to be a statement. As in quoting what you had said.

Now how about responding to the rest? ;)

that lovely rattle when you start up.............the stinky fuel you use...........

s/c IS is 205/210 bhp..........onlt 20 30 about..........not 3 million :tomato:

Right. So you bought a Beemer diesel having owned an IS200 and have no issues over performance?

But the spec level is pants. The quality is pants. And the image is.... well.... lets say not a Lexus. 

So if all you wanted was performance, why didn't you buy a Catherham? Oh - but you say in the first line you were "taken in by the high spec and overall quality of the car".

So I'm not quite sure where the heck you're going with this........

Spec level - agree the standard spec on IS is very impressive but the options available on the BM are more extensive (agreed for a more cash).

Catherham - have been in several and it is a weekend car only or for track days.

"taken in by the high spec and overall quality of the car" - I don't argue with the quality of Lexus and my point was re the high spec for the low price. Not sure I agree on the quality comment re BM - Lexus is hardly perfect (paint finish is as thin as that used by new house builders and the boot is that light weight it almost rips off if remotely opened in a breeze.

Am not looking to argue here, just wanted to see what prices were on new IS which no-one has commented on. I agree BM's are not perfect but I do think the IS has had it's day and the replacement is well overdue.

Still I am having a pop at lexus on a lexus owners forum so the criticism comes as no surprise :winky: