Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Price Of New Is

I also purchased mine on looks and the fact that it is made by TOYOTA

One of the if not the biggest Motor Mfg in the World so you know the quality is there

I worked for TOYOTA Industrial side and every TOYOTA/Lexus i have drove has been quality. since 1989

I do get a bit sick of boy racers trying to take me on in there saxo,s

but i just laugh n let em pass by, as the car is not designed for for that

and i am sure my Lexus will still be driving with the same Engine (yep the one that has never been upgraded since day 1) a lot longer than the saxo n bemmer boys

:whistling:

LIVE LIFE LOVE LEXUS ENJOY THE TRIP :driving:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am not looking to argue here, just wanted to see what prices were on new IS which no-one has commented on. 

I did respond to you on this point :D

as I said - I dont feel the pre-order people are running a huge risk, as all they will have effectively done is put down a refundable deposit.

I love these kind of threads :D

Someone who owned an IS has changed it (for whatever reasons) and is waiting to find the cost of the new IS and all you guys can do is rubbish his comments.

You all know the IS in no performance stunner....even when modified,for the cash you have to spend to get true performance from the Toyota based IS you might as well go and buy a w/end thrash about.

So who is going to answer stevep simple question then.

@ mattstheone you should ask c.shipley about engine blowups on a 9k mileage car,even Toyotas blow up occasionally.

Lexus are not a performance marque.

What advertising materials did you read that said the IS was a powerhouse?

So why do they sell a Sport model then?

I also purchased mine on looks and the fact that it is made by TOYOTA

One of the if not the biggest Motor Mfg in the World so you know the quality is there

I worked for TOYOTA Industrial side and every TOYOTA/Lexus i have drove has been quality. since 1989

I do get a bit sick of boy racers trying to take me on in there saxo,s

but i just laugh n let em pass by, as the car is not designed for for that

and i am sure my Lexus will still be driving with the same Engine (yep the one that has never been upgraded since day 1) a lot longer than the saxo n bemmer boys

:whistling: 

LIVE LIFE LOVE LEXUS ENJOY THE TRIP  :driving:

i think you understimate BMW. Their cars are solidly bilt and capable of 150 - 200 thousand miles. Their is no question about build, it is as solid as can be, and quality of ride and comfort and handling is superb. A mates BMW 540 is still running perfect at 138000miles. I would expect nothing else. I already own a BMW as well as the Lexus, a 330Ci ACS, and it is awesome, shed loads of power and a great ride.

I know you all diss Bimmers, (Beemers are the bikes :whistling: ), but push come to shove, they are fantastic

I love these kind of threads :D

Someone who owned an IS has changed it (for whatever reasons) and is waiting to find the cost of the new IS and all you guys can do is rubbish his comments.

Sorry Pete?

No one rubbished Steves comments. We responded to his comments.

Its an open forum right? Its a discussion right? And ultimately, its a LEXUS forum - so we are going to be swayed somewhat.....

:winky:

You need to get out more.

Its just that you all went on the defensive when you know the performance isn't up to much. :)

He wasn't rubbishing the Lex,just pointing out fact.

So tell me why you all s.c/turbo/change engines then?.....its not to be individual as there's plenty of s/c ones around and quite a few that are turboed,its coz you want the performance to be better than whats in the package.

:D

So who is going to answer stevep simple question then.

thought I did?

its not a huge risk to pre-order - its essentially a refundable deposit.

Lexus are not a performance marque.

What advertising materials did you read that said the IS was a powerhouse?

So why do they sell a Sport model then?

but they dont market it as a sports car Pete.

A "sport" model is common on many manufacturers. In fact - most "sports" models are completely unsporty!

You need only look at the specs and / or test drive it to realise that it is nothing like a fast or powerful car.

Its just that you all went on the defensive when you know the performance isn't up to much. :)

So tell me why you all s.c/turbo/change engines then?.....its not to be individual as there's plenty of s/c ones around and quite a few that are turboed,its coz you want the performance to be better than whats in the package.

You what Pete? Get out more? What you on fella.....? :blink:

I know the performance isn't up to much. And I know there are a plenty of S/C's. Hence why I changed to a tezza. ;)

And it is about individuality actually (for me anyway)....

Oh - and I never said he was rubbishing the Lex did I...

;)

Take a chill pill.... It's only a discussion.... :whistling:

oh so stereotypical and wrong

With a M3/740/750/840/850 up your behind you will move over.

maybe so but look at the price of the B*W,s you are talking about you could buy an IS and do what Matt,s done then who will be moveing over :lol:

Well said Zee

LEXUS FORUM enough said

Yeah ok a TOYOTA engine can blow at 9k but i bet there aint that many

and i am not dissing BMW cars Just there drivers its true they dont have indicators fitted :winky: OHHHHHHHHH MY *** am i going to get a slating now

Ref Prices who cares wait till November when it is launched

i dont think they will be that stupid to try and sell the car for 30k as people would not buy it and with the cost of Fuel in this country people will also look at that too

so i would like to bet the starting level will be 21k

Matt

When I first got my car I thought it was quick (well I was comming from a 1.5l Mazda 323 :lol:) but now it does feel slow and I occasionaly get frustrated with the perforamnce a low revs. I agree with the original topic starter that the performance is not up to what it should be. But then its not a Scooby/Evo/RS4 beater is it. :question:

The BMW 330d as much as it pains me to say it is one fine car.....for me its almost the complete package. 0-60 in 7.0secs AND 42MPG!! That is just stunning. Now I know you can Turbocharge/Supercharge/fancy go-faster bits on the IS to make it much faster but by doing that you loose some of its practicality. Sure you can get an amazing Altezza or IS300 that could do 0-60 in under 6 seconds but would you get the fuel economy? I pay almost 95p Litre for fuel at the moment!! :sick: What about the hughly expensive insurance costs to keep a highly modified Lexus if your young (ish ;))? When you sold it you wouldn't get anywhere near what you spent of the car with all the mods unless you stripped them all off and tried to sell seperate as many owners do. The 330d does seem to offer the best of both worlds.

Trouble is that since I have been a LOC member I have developed a strong sense of brand loyality and would now find it difficult to want to be seen in most BMW/Merc/Audi's!......If only it was a LEXUS! :driving:

When I first got my car I thought it was quick (well I was comming from  a 1.5l Mazda 323 :lol:) but now it does feel slow and I occasionaly get frustrated with the perforamnce a low revs. I agree with the original topic starter that the performance is not up to what it should be. But then its not a Scooby/Evo/RS4 beater is it.  :question:

The BMW 330d as much as it pains me to say it is one fine car.....for me its almost the complete package. 0-60 in 7.0secs AND 42MPG!! That is just stunning. Now I know you can Turbocharge/Supercharge/fancy go-faster bits on the IS to make it much faster but by doing that you loose some of its practicality. Sure you can get an amazing Altezza or IS300 that could do 0-60 in under 6 seconds but would you get the fuel economy? What about the hughly expensive insurance costs to keep a highly modified Lexus if your young (ish ;))? When you sold it you wouldn't get anywhere near what you spent of the car with all the mods unless you stripped them all off and tried to sell seperate as many owners do. The 330d does seem to offer the best of both worlds.

At last somebody that speaks sense. :)

Why when we speak about modied cars does it ALWAYS come down to Matts car.

There are faster/quicker cars out there,and ones that actually get used and not spread across the pages of a mag ;)

well Matts car is an IS! yes and thats my point,,,,,,,,,,,,you named some B*W,s that would make us move over, but there you are talking about cars that cost 3 to 4 more than the IS..................and my point is that you could buy an IS and do what matts done............and yes i know there are alot faster/quicker cars out there but at the end of the day it all come down to how much cash you got :winky:

I did not go out and get a Lex, to mod it ;) i got the Lex as i love the looks of the car and what you get for the Price, Moding was the last thing i was thinking of when i got the car.................. :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links