Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Price Of New Is

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its nice to have a bit of performance but the end result for myself is this time next year i wanna look like a pimp :D you just don't get that with the other motors

Ahhh..... thats the main reasons my IS is going

The IS is rapidly overtaking the saxo to become the number one boy racer car round here

I didn't buy it to look like "a pimp"

My one and only attempt at adding a bit more power was a HKS hiper which added about 5 bhp and cost me £180 a year extra on my insurance

I got a quote last week for a brand new subaru impreza wrx and it worked out £80 a year more than my 6 year old is200 with the modded exhaust (what a joke)

its nice to have a bit of performance but the end result for myself is this time next year i wanna look like a pimp :D you just don't get that with the other motors

The IS is rapidly overtaking the saxo to become the number one boy racer car round here

My one and only attempt at adding a bit more power was a HKS hiper which added about 5 bhp and cost me £180 a year extra on my insurance

I got a quote last week for a brand new subaru impreza wrx and it worked out £80 a year more than my 6 year old is200 with the modded exhaust (what a joke)

I'm starting to agree with this, besides the 3 series, the IS is fast becoming the second most modified prestige car. You hardly ever see a Merc or an Audi with mental styling, usually just AMG or whatever the Audi sport stuff is called, and this helps maintain a level of class for the car. It seems the IS only survived so long as it was relatively unknown

Roll on the new IS :winky:

Btw, I was told to expect a cost of around £25K for an IS250SE, which in my opinion is a bargain :)

maybe you should PX your IS for a saxo then...............if thats what think :winky:

I am part exchanging the Lexus for a 2 year old BMW 325 for the same price as what i will get for the Lexus. And the car is perfect. So don't be cynical.

And, do i not expect M3's, 740/745, M5, etc etc to go buy me? I am buying a car with a list price now of 32xxxpounds, so howcan i place it next to M5 or something? Its like putting a Honda Integra next to a Honda NSX.

Im completly debt free in 3 years time and one (M3) will be coming my way then im on the hunt for Marcus :lol:

pete i think you need to take alook at the vid in GOLD of the IS300 takeing on a AMG 55 :winky: i think you know the one im on about :D

Why when we speak about modied cars does it ALWAYS come down to Matts car.

There are faster/quicker cars out there,and ones that actually get used and not spread across the pages of a mag ;)

Thats a bit unfair Pete........since mats got it back & moved here he's been all over the place with it.

As to modified Lexus's I'd say his car is the daddy though obviously not for cars as a whole

Where abouts in Yorkshire are you? I noticed this too (I'm sorta Leeds based at the moment).

I really did like owning an IS but I was concerned about the mpg, the rate it went through tyres, cost of servicing, etc. Depreciation seems to have become a big problem with the IS too.

I knew about the lack of performance before I bought the car so that wasn't a big problem for me. It's nice having a car with a bit more poke now though. :winky:

I dont think any standard Lexus will entertain you in that way, they are not built for performance but as a luxuary car, smooth, quiet, reliable.

Out of all the relplies given, this is the statement that says it all, for me.

I bought the IS300 because of this.

If I wanted performance. I would buy a Civic TypeR - or economy, a diesel - or both, a Skoda Fabia vRS.

But I wanted something different - no-one in my county has a car like mine, and I have never, ever seen an IS300 with TTE Kit on the road.

LEXUS build luxury vehicles for a limited market.

BMW don't - they appeal to the mass market.

lol, yeah and at the end of it all we still don't know the price of the new IS and thats the title of the thread :duh: :hehe:

I think its good to see different opinions on the current IS, no car will ever appeal to everyone so obviously not all views will be positive.

The only comment I couldn't understand was someone saying they see loads of modded ones araound their area, near me I see none, (modded that is).

I'm starting to agree with this, besides the 3 series, the IS is fast becoming the second most modified prestige car. You hardly ever see a Merc or an Audi with mental styling, usually just AMG or whatever the Audi sport stuff is called, and this helps maintain a level of class for the car. It seems the IS only survived so long as it was relatively unknown

Roll on the new IS :winky:

Btw, I was told to expect a cost of around £25K for an IS250SE, which in my opinion is a bargain :)

never drove around on the german motorways on a saturday? :winky:

When I first got my car I thought it was quick (well I was comming from  a 1.5l Mazda 323 :lol:) but now it does feel slow and I occasionaly get frustrated with the perforamnce a low revs. I agree with the original topic starter that the performance is not up to what it should be. But then its not a Scooby/Evo/RS4 beater is it.  :question:

The BMW 330d as much as it pains me to say it is one fine car.....for me its almost the complete package. 0-60 in 7.0secs AND 42MPG!! That is just stunning. Now I know you can Turbocharge/Supercharge/fancy go-faster bits on the IS to make it much faster but by doing that you loose some of its practicality. Sure you can get an amazing Altezza or IS300 that could do 0-60 in under 6 seconds but would you get the fuel economy? I pay almost 95p Litre for fuel at the moment!! :sick:  What about the hughly expensive insurance costs to keep a highly modified Lexus if your young (ish ;))? When you sold it you wouldn't get anywhere near what you spent of the car with all the mods unless you stripped them all off and tried to sell seperate as many owners do. The 330d does seem to offer the best of both worlds.

Trouble is that since I have been a LOC member I have developed a strong sense of brand loyality and would now find it difficult to want to be seen in most BMW/Merc/Audi's!......If only it was a LEXUS!  :driving:

hmm, just wait and test drive the new is diesel version next year. well you can aleady test the engine. they have the same one in a avensis d-4d see the advert http://www.cleanpower.nl/toyota/ it.s in dutch but you can read the specs. they have an advert on the dutch tv... and if the new is is the same quality as the new gs it will be a best seller?!

personally i'm not a fan of diesel cars. i drove diesels since i was 17 years.

Whats perfect in a car?

Different people have different tastes and opinions!

Bottom line is IS 200 was designed for good looks, reliability, and luxury!

and I would prefer an IS to a Beemer (too common nowadays)!

and 0 - 60 in 9.5 secs aint brill but not too bad either!

the new IS looks OK but it will probably take time getting used to, as for the old IS Lexus have done exceptionally well to rival BMW! B)

I have seen the proposed new prices for the IS, and unfortunately it has priced me out of the market. I hope for Lexus' sake that they havent set it too high so as to alienate their current sales base.

Time for me to start looking at Honda and Mazda to part ex for my IS200 I guess

I have seen the proposed new prices for the IS, and unfortunately it has priced me out of the market. I hope for Lexus' sake that they havent set it too high so as to alienate their current sales base.

Where is the price list is it on the Lexus UK site?

No i saw it at the dealership. I don't think it is official yet. The prices mentioned on here are about right for an SE. Don't expect auto, sunroof or sat nav for that though.

Where is the price list is it on the Lexus UK site?

Why did Lexus make a sport model with no improvement on the engine?

I like my Is 200 sport but it is so slow and thirsty.

The specification is great though but my next car will be a diesel A4 again.

Lexus should have brought out some special editions here in the uk of the Is 200

Why did Lexus make a sport model with no improvement on the engine?

I like my Is 200 sport but it is so slow and thirsty.

The specification is great though but my next car will be a diesel A4 again.

Lexus should have brought out some special editions here in the uk of the Is 200

what, like the IS200 special edition :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links