Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Boost Can A Standard Is200 Handle?

Hello peeps,

I have been speaking to the guys doing my turbo conversion in my is200 and I was asking them what boost I could run.

They told me that I could run any boost I want as long as the engine can handle it.

So, the question is: What boost can the standard is200 engine take without blowing?

I want it to be safe without the fear of risking detonation etc.

I know that it can safely take .5 bar but I was thinking of pushing it a bit further :crybaby:

Help would be much appreciated!!

Hello peeps,

I have been speaking to the guys doing my turbo conversion in my is200 and I was asking them what boost I could run.

They told me that I could run any boost I want as long as the engine can handle it.

So, the question is: What boost can the standard is200 engine take without blowing?

I know that it can safely take .5 bar but I was thinking of pushing it a bit further :crybaby:

any more than .5 bar and you are looking at a probable blow up.

sorted fueling/management yet :whistling:

Hello peeps,

I've been doing .7 - .75 without any internal mods, just one extra 1000cc injector and a Greddy eManage to rework the fuelling maps. She's pushing nearly 290bhp, and no problems so far... :whistling:

I have a new ecu on it's way, and maybe new internals later. Then I'm looking to push her nearer to 350bhp... :shifty:

Just take good care of the fuelling, and you should do fine.

Talbot- I don't know exactly what the cost is going to be but it is under 4K.

Dave- I was speaking to the fella who is mapping my car yesterday. I am using an Autronic ECU for the fuelling. If you haven't heard of these then just think of Motech only better! They are designed by the guy who designed Motech software except he sold the rights to Motech and opened up again with Autronic after re-designing all the software to make it better. I'll be running an uprated fuel line too. The only thing I need to find out is if I need bigger injectors and if I can use ones from an is300 or supra etc etc. I'll keep you posted anyway man.

Spock- that sounds fairly impressive on standard internals. How long have you been running that setup for, if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking along the lines of 6.5-7 bar myself but the last thing I want is to blow the engine.

Oh, and thanks guys for the advice so far!!!

So can the bar be upped safely from .5 :question:

Adie,

there is now way we will be going more than .5 bar :whistling:

when i've upped it on mine (std engine) stripped it after 4/5k miles to see whats what we may offer a slight increase...........

I personally thinkgoing higher than .5/.6 is asking for trouble on std internals.......

So can the bar be upped safely from .5 :question:

Adie,

there is now way we will be going more than .5 bar :whistling:

when i've upped it on mine (std engine) stripped it after 4/5k miles to see whats what we may offer a slight increase...........

I personally thinkgoing higher than .5/.6 is asking for trouble on std internals.......

Cheers mate :winky:

Spock- that sounds fairly impressive on standard internals. How long have you been running that setup for, if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking along the lines of 6.5-7 bar myself but the last thing I want is to blow the engine.

I've been running this setup for almost a half a year now. Still doing some mapping "on the go" every now and then... But it's getting better all the time :) Just take care of adequate fuelling, and that you don't get detonation!

I was thinking of .6 or maybe .65 as I said before!

I have great confidence in the guy who is doing the mapping and the Autronic ECU that we are using so I don't think that will be a problem.

I think I will set it at .6 bar until I hear more. :crying:

Thanks again lads! :)