Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1991 Ls400 100 Pounds In The Back And Down

Salacak

I have a 1991 LS400 and when I put 100 pounds even less weight in the back car goes down a lot.I vent to mechanic and he told me springs are old and has to be replaced and of course you know what; after spending a lot of money for new springs (I think we even changed the struts in the back) same garbage.I don't think this model had air suspension so what am I missing here.

Thanks a lot guys.

• 5 months later...

I recall this being a problem with the 98/99 LS400 also. overly laden with booze on the way back from France I saw one dragging its behind...

Can anyone confirm which models have air suspension so I Can aviod if practicable.

Only import models from Japan (badged as Celsior) have air suspension. UK models won't have air suspension (until the LS430 came that is).

To be honest, it's the non-air suspension cars that had problems with overly soft suspensions at the rear.

Don't think LS ever came with self-levelling, like a lot of estate cars do.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links