Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aztec Fire - I'm Not Sure

Been looking for a Lex for a few months now and the last week or so i have really tried to push to get one as a relative needs my current car, insurance is up, etc. So I looked at a few this weekend. About the best deal was an Aztec Fire one. It's not my favourite colour but I think the time has come that I need to realise unless I pay up more I won't get exactly what I want and I'm not sure I'm willing to do that because;

1. The car will get scratched round London anyway

2. I barely use a car so expense is hard to justify anyway

3. I'm a tight git :D

I am also fed up of wanting to get a Lex. I have to have one.

So, those who didn't get their first choice of colour, did the colour grow on you?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd have preferred green, black or blue but found the right price, mileage etc in a silver one. The colour has grown on me especially as it looks clean even when dirty. I'm not sure metallic orange/brown would ever have grown on me though. :sick: Sorry not my thing. A few people love it though.

I was looking at an Aztec Fire when I bought mine, it was either one of those with sat nav and more milage or a Granite Sky with less milage but no sat nav...

The Aztec Fire looks great on a sunny day - you have to catch it in the right light to appreciate it, as for the Granite Sky, I just love it - that looks even better on a sunny day - she's got some type of glitter in the paint and it's great on a nice day!

I did actually want the platinum coloured car though - I noticed they changed it slightly as some are more platinum and others are silver - I wanted the platinum one but couldn't get it so ended up with the Granite :)

Just go with whatever your favorite is that you can afford mate, don't buy something that you'll regret later....

So, those who didn't get their first choice of colour, did the colour grow on you?

could be a regret for all the time of ownership, or could you could grow to really like it

its not a terrible colour

down to you really ;)

Well hellooooo ;) Enchanté :D

That was just a pop at Dave, I'm the young man, he's the old man :D

Impressed by your taste in cars, all the 26 year old girls I know want Saxos, Corsas and Minis! :)

What were your other colour choices anyway? Bear in mind the darker one's look great but are a pain to keep clean :(

Well hellooooo ;) Enchanté  :D

That was just a pop at Dave, I'm the young man, he's the old man :D

Impressed by your taste in cars, all the 26 year old girls I know want Saxos, Corsas and Minis! :)

What were your other colour choices anyway? Bear in mind the darker one's look great but are a pain to keep clean :(

The graphite is my fav. Blue is another one I like. A lot of my mates have BMWs or VWs. Why have something so common, when you can have a better image, be more unique and there seem to be a higher percentage of good examples out there than the German cars. Also, some cracking good prices about at the moment. I was looking at Golfs but then you think 'hang on, 2k more and I will have a Lexus' Nuff said.

You're a lady with excellent taste :P

There are some stupidly cheap examples coming up now, even at the dealers!

Might be worth looking a bit longer as I originally looked at the Aztec and ended up with the graphite / Granite Sky - it's the best imho!

PA070391.sized.jpg

:D

I think it looks even nicer dirty :hehe:

I went to a dealership yesterday and said I was interested about the 8k mark. Was told I won't get one that cheap full stop rambled on about some at 18k.

Only really went in to have a nose anyway. Found a nice aztec one, 6.5k 70k on the clock, years warranty, etc but someones put down a deposit awaiting finance. Another person was rejected financeso will have to wait and see.

Problem is, it's not what I can and cannot afford, it's more a question of not being able to justify the expense in my own mind, if I go up too high.

:lol:

What do you mean it always is.....

erm........................

Actually that reminds me I need to get in touch with the body shop tomorrow - lacquers all come off the front bumper and it looks poo :sick:

But Granite all the way :D

Have you looked on the Lexus website at the approved cars?

18k is bollocks, they're after a sale, I saw plenty on the forecourts for under 10k last time I was at Notts....

Try another dealer...

Paul (Fargo) travelled up to Edinburgh from London for his!

I think it looks even nicer dirty  :hehe:

I went to a dealership yesterday and said I was interested about the 8k mark.  Was told I won't get one that cheap full stop rambled on about some at 18k.

Only really went in to have a nose anyway.  Found a nice aztec one, 6.5k 70k on the clock, years warranty, etc  but someones put down a deposit awaiting finance.  Another person was rejected financeso will have to wait and see.

Problem is, it's not what I can and cannot afford, it's more a question of not being able to justify the expense in my own mind, if I go up too high.

I know a plat ice one from sale for 8K WITH 50,000 On the clock :o

Aztec Fire is a nice colour I think, not many on the roads either which is a bonus.

Granite sky is my second choice after black but black is a mo fo for keeping clean! The blue is also a nice shade.

Black still gets my vote though!! :P

Good look with the hunting, took me three/four months to get the one I drive now!

Hi all, personally black is my favourite colour but couldn't find a nice one. I found my Granite Sky IS200 Sport and it has grown on me! Aztec Fire is a lovely colour IMHO. Good luck with your search!! :D

By the way aido, your car looks awesome in that pic mate :winky:

Chris

:driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links