Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scraped Whilst Parked

Hando

:tsktsk:

Morning all,

Looked out of window this morning to see a van parked WAY too tightly behind my Lex. Was about to go down and inspect when it started to pull out - luckily the missus grabbed a camera and took a snap. When I did make it down saw that sure enough he'd scraped the rear bumper pretty badly.

Here's a Pic of the cuplrit (Logos removed)

And here's a pic of the Scrape

Off to ring directline now - but I don't know if this is gonna be worth claiming what with excesses etc. even though I have photos, registration details etc. Anyone had similar experiences (that ended happily)?

:tsktsk: miffed h.

What a :tsktsk:, that gap looked very tight....why do people park so close to the car in front, dont they think that if someone does the same from behind your stuffed :duh: dont bother claimimg mate, its not worth the hassle, just get it repaired yourself :angry:

How about contact the company that owns the van and claim on their insurance?

I had a BMW park in a tight spot in front of my car the other day. It had reversing sensors and the driver's son got out to guide her back but she still either hit my car or got within millimetres. She'd gone before I got outside and there seemed to be no damage but grrrr.....

OK my incident was a roll of carpet falling onto my car but credit to the firm who's van it was they admitted full liability. I would have thought with your photo evidence you have a simlilar case.

Had to inform my insurers though did not effect my no claims.

Even had a shiney new IS200 SE Auto Nav while work was done.

Hope yours gets sorted equally well.

Well, just spoke to Directline (who were great: answered phone in one ring etc.)

They're going to contact the company that owns the van and hassle them to admit liability (armed with my photos and 3 witness statements) and if they do then I get repaired on their insurance without touching my excess or no-claims, but if they can't prove liability then they will cancel the claim - and I'll have to pay myself (without touching my insurance).

That was my first time of putting directline to the test and so far it really has eased the pain of the fools on the road.

slightly less miffed. :)

Well, just spoke to Directline (who were great: answered phone in one ring etc.)

They're going to contact the company that owns the van and hassle them to admit liability (armed with my photos and 3 witness statements) and if they do then I get repaired on their insurance without touching my excess or no-claims, but if they can't prove liability then they will cancel the claim - and I'll have to pay myself (without touching my insurance).

That was my first time of putting directline to the test and so far it really has eased the pain of the fools on the road.

slightly less miffed.  :)

Reads like a 'pants' day, chin up mate.

I've claimed twice against muppets that have opened doors onto my IS and my wife's CRV. I just call my insurance and give them the reg number. I get the car fixed on my insurance and then they claim of the other driver's insurance. Never had any problems. The first time the driver would not admit liability but my insurance still blamed them. They paid out over 600 quid for a 10p sized dent. I'm with privilege insurance - part of direct line.

• 3 weeks later...
Van company has admitted full liability - car is being picked up for full repairs, and courtesy car is being provided. No impact on no-claims, no excess.

Next time he scrapes your car he'll make sure there's no one looking :winky:

Nice result though, I thought you'd end up having to pay for the repair yourself.

If they had denied it you could of reported the driver for leaving the scene of an accident.

This happened to me a few years back, a woman in a Tigra reversed in my Corolla. I had independent witnesses and she still denied it, so i phoned the police.

Police stopped her a mile down the road and inspected her car thus finding blue paint from my car. Also turns out she didnt have a full licence

So in the end it cost her a nice fat fine and some lovely points

Glad you got it sorted - its a good job you had witnesses.

Some guy hit mine whilst he was parking - i was sat in the car eating a sandwich thinking "*** he is close" next thing the cars wobbling as he litterally pushed me.

As it happens it was my tyre he hit as it was turned outwards, it caused a bulge - got his details but no witness.

Morethan tried to claim but he denied it saying he gave the details to shut me up, so it cost me my excess for a new tyre. Fortunately it was due to be changed, and it did not effect my insurance premium as they put it as a none fault.

This world is full of scum bags.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update to say the car was delivered back this afternoon with a full bumper re-spray (beautifully done I might add) even though it was a tiny scrape. Took 'em a full week to do it, mind. But overall totally chuffed - well worth the claim if you can prove who did it, even on such a small bit of damage.

:D

Just a quick update to say the car was delivered back this afternoon with a full bumper re-spray (beautifully done I might add) even though it was a tiny scrape. Took 'em a full week to do it, mind. But overall totally chuffed - well worth the claim if you can prove who did it, even on such a small bit of damage.

:D

Good to hear that you got it sorted out OK fella, there seems to be an ever-increasing number of members getting short shrift from bodyshops! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links