Sign in to follow this  
malkeiron

Spark Plug Replacement

can someone tell me how easy it is to replace the spark plugs in my LS400 1993 model . is there anything that needs to be removed etc to gain access . also how long would it take to do .

thanks .. :)

can someone tell me how easy it is to replace the spark plugs in my LS400 1993 model . is there anything that needs to be removed etc to gain access . also how long would it take to do .

Have a look here www.lexls.com

It's not difficult, but it is time consuming due to all the covers etc. that must be removed. You may wish to replace the HT leads whilst you're at it (taking care not to trap the coil R/H pack-distributor lead on reassembly). Use only Denso or NGK Iridium plugs. Allow a full day, because this is not something that can be rushed. The lexls.com tutorial tells you all you need to know. Good luck.

well the plugs and HT leads are now done . time taken was 2 and half hours . not as hard as i thought it would be . done it on holiday . took tools with me hoping i had all the bits i needed , stripped off all the parts and done it on the camp site .

thanks all for advise ..

keiron.. :D