Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:P just acquire a 95 LS400 and would appreciate advice in the followings:-

1. since wipers are recessed inside the bonnet, how can I replace them plse.

2. one or more of the speakers (on the door) seems cracking (noise in medium volume only). Is it easy to replace it. How ?

3. the 3 little green lights on the back seater arm rest control are not working, is it simple to repair. How ?

4. what's the paint code for my very light brown/purplish/greyish colour?

Many thanks for your kind help.

I can help you with the wiper

All you need to do is put the wipers up so they are vertical ( stop ignition when they are up)

Then lift your bonnet and undo the bolt on the whole wiprer arm and then replace wiper blade and place the whole arm back and replace the bolt. (very easy)

Please note... use a bit of masking tape to mark where the wiper was originally.. otherwise if you put the wiper back in the wrong postition then yo will have problems with the wiper knocking the botton wiper stop.

You should have the wiper sit just before the stopper when the wipers are off making sure they do not touch the stopper.

I take it when you turn the wipers off they tuck under the bonnet.

The wipers are in "summer mode" - to get them out - simply yank the drivers side one upwards (fairly hard) when they are in the parked position - it'll move up a couple of inches. The idea is that in winter you can put them in the upper position so that you heater can unstick them when they're icy.

Changing speakers is pretty straightforward, but a dudd speaker doesn't usually crackle - give us some more symptons please - does it crackle on all channel (i.e. radio / CD / casette etc)

Thanks for the advice, so I just yank the driver side wiper (the longer one) up first. Would it then stay in the higher position allowing me to replace the blade. Afterwards, do I just push it back to the recessed position?

The speaker problem (I think is the passenger door one) is that it gives cracking sound when in medium to high volume when I was listening to a Chopin piano piece- notes at high frequency? Sounds like one with a cracked diaphragm or some cheap speaker.

hmmm that not like that on mine.. when i finish with the wipers they tuck themselves away.

The reason why it is hard to replace them is because the wiper arm is restricted even when full extended