Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is200 Turbo Pics

300bhp sounds nice!! :blink:

I think that would bepushing the standard internals a bit too far so I take it you are upgrading them!

I was thinking along the lines of Dave-prolex about getting forged pistons and rods from the old supra that uses the same engine block, can't remember the proper engine name :yawn:

I bet it would be a damn sight cheaper than buying them new from someplace!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few more pics of the job in hand.

The first is just for Dave lol :P

Here's the crash bar re-fitted after some slight modifying to wrap it roung the intercooler. and yes the is a considerable gap between the bar and intercooler for air flow!

crash1dt.jpg

This is one of the sump just after it was removed to do the oil return which is being done as I type!

sump9ac.jpg

Her are a couple of the Pro-lex Kazama and we also fitted thrusters to the underside of the car so it can now levitate off the ground LOL :lol:

kazama8bf.jpg

kazama23nq.jpg

kazama30pv.jpg

LOL Dave.

the crash bar sits behind the bumper anyway so no need to drill holes as it won't make much difference!

Will you take a cheque!! :whistling:

trust me.............get the drill out...............I did :P

defeats the point of the bigger i/c :winky:

surely drilling holes in it defeats the object of having a crash bar ;)

and where can i get a set of those thrusters :lol:

LOL Dave.

the crash bar sits behind the bumper anyway so no need to drill holes as it won't make much difference!

Will you take a cheque!! :whistling:

trust me.............get the drill out...............I did :P

defeats the point of the bigger i/c :winky:

yea man get the drill out get the jigsaw out then cut the bumper the result is

from this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/DAZA_W/frontshot.jpg

to

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/DAZ...frontmycar1.jpg

I'm not gonna but the bumper just yet as I will be getting a different bumper at a later date and also it will look very cheap and messy on my bumper as I don't have a "groove" to cut round like you did. It would look kind of 2D instead of 3D if ya know wat I mean!

As long as there are not too many holes then it could actually strengthen the crash bar!!! seriously!

I'm not gonna but the bumper just yet as I will be getting a different bumper at a later date and also it will look very cheap and messy on my bumper as I don't have a "groove" to cut round like you did. It would look kind of 2D instead of 3D if ya know wat I mean!

As long as there are not too many holes then it could actually strengthen the crash bar!!! seriously!

glad to see you are seeing sense :P

just a few will help get more air through and add to the strenght of said crash bar :whistling: that'll be another £79.23 please :tomato:

Some more pics here!

This is the Heat mat wrapped around the power steering hoses as they run very close to the turbo! Don't want them melting!!! :crybaby:

post-9604-1125678817.jpg

These are the intercooler pipes removed after test fitting to get them cleaned up so they are nice and shiny when finished! The stainless custom exhaust is there too with the down pipe from the turbo wrapped with exhaust wrap!! Also the heat sheild there on the right hand side for the turbo itself!!

post-9604-1125678840.jpg

Another exhaust pic but this is the cat replacement pipe and the manifold heat shield is just creeping into the left of the pic!! You can also see the down pipe better with the large flange for the turbo!

post-9604-1125678858.jpg

The whole system should now be built up and on the car ready to go!!

The uprated regulator wasn't sent out with the fuel pump by mistake so we have to wait on that coming to complete the fuel line uprgrade :angry:

All these fiddly little delays have meant that the ECU wiring will be started early next week and then it will be mapping time :crybaby:

The wiring and mapping should take about a week to do so long as there are no probs along the way!!

I'll keep yas posted!

Just want your opinions about my standard bumper!

Should I cut it like Daza's to give more airflow with the risk of it looking :yack:

or should I leave it and wait till I get a different bumper??? A new bumper could be some time away!!

dont forget my bumper is a tte bumper so i had a perfect line to follow then you have to make a lip or it will look a bit oddtakes a bit of time but worth it

Woo Hoo!!!!! :D

All work on the mechanical side of the turbo is finished at last!!!

Here are a few pics of the engine bay!

They are a bit dark but I will get some more and post them up so you can see it better soon.

There are still just a few finishing touches like the engine cover and one or two anodised fittings to go on but you get the idea!!

post-9604-1126279939.jpg

post-9604-1126279983.jpg

This is the air intake and also the Greddy catch tank!

post-9604-1126280014.jpg

Here is the regulator on the fuel return line with gauge!

post-9604-1126280103.jpg

Now it's going for the Autronic ECU and then the mapping :crybaby: :D