Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is200 Turbo Pics

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man 6K is mental.

It was roughly estimated to be less than that but I always new the cost would increase once the build was started (always does in a job like this). Dave Ellen would tell you same thing about when he first fitted his own turbo and he bought a (American) kit!!!

But you also have to take into account the I have included the cost of a complete stainless exhaust from turbo back and a Kazama rear pipe and I also have a stand alone ECU which costs more than the piggy back ones.

I have also used the best parts for everything instead of cutting corners (I'm not saying anyone else has cut any corners btw).

I am very happy with the work so far and will be even happier when it is on the road!!

So yeah, a lot of money but hey, wadda ya do??? :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Flookin not happy :angry:

It is gonna be another two weeks before my car is ready!!!

The trigger disc on the lower crank is not compatible with the chip in the ECU as it has 34 teeth which is apparently very rare. Autronic now have to make a new chip and send it Jonny(Autronic fitter and mapper) which will take a week to program and a week to get here as it has to go via MADevelopments first.

Jonny has already started installing the rest of the ECU(anti-lag, launch control etc etc) so it is simply a case of swaping the chip when it arrives and then mapping :driving:

Ah well these things happen :blush:

• 1 month later...

Yup it is going and boosting :D but only to .4 bar as the injectors are maxing out!! :crybaby:

A second in line fuel pump is on the way but some of you turbo guys may be able to help me out on this.............................PLEASE :blush:

I think it was Daza_w, SPoCK and a few others who had all ran over .5bar on standard injectors. If I remember correctly SPock was running close to .8bar on standard injectors??????

I would be interested in seeing the difference in the fuelling setup between these cars and mine.......if any......as this could highlight the problem.

Air force one is Jonny who has been mapping etc etc along with tearing his hair out waiting on parts :blink:

I will be taking the car to the drag strip this weekend anyway for a semi-performance run to see how it goes so I will let yous know what the times are!! :D

I'm maxing out at .6 bar but dropping off to about .5bar at 5000 revs. Hopefully this should be sorted next week. :D

Probably wont get much more boost out of it though. I think from what i've been told i'll be ok with .6 bar on the standard injectors .7 bar would just be a bonus. Although the injectors are pretty much maxed out now.

As Zee said i think with some excellent mapping you should be ok for .6 bar. The weakest link is definately the injectors. As they just cant handle any more :crybaby:

I've also got no return fuel line or upgraded fuel pump.

The main problem with gs's car is a lack of fuel supply to the injectors and seeing as another tuning shop did the fuel line/pump upgrade its really down to them to sort out the lack of supply.Once i have it its more boost time :D

As in my post above, i've got no fuel line / pump upgrade and am running .6 bar of boost. Its good to have the fuel line / pump upgrade but it doesn't really matter, if the injectors are standard as they cant handle anymore anyway.

As Zee has said with a good ECU and some top mapping the boost should be able to be upped to about . 6 bar easily. Although the injectors will still be maxed out.

Uprate the injectors and with the fuel line / pump upgrade, more boost is possible. But then head gasket and internals need to be taken into consideration

I'm sure Daz is running on standard injectors. Not sure what boost he's running now though, must be at least . 6 bar or more

Edited by ad77

Yup it is going and boosting :D  but only to .4 bar as the injectors are maxing out!! :crybaby:

A second in line fuel pump is on the way but some of you turbo guys may be able to help me out on this.............................PLEASE :blush:

I think it was Daza_w, SPoCK and a few others who had all ran over .5bar on standard injectors. If I remember correctly SPock was running close to .8bar on standard injectors??????

I would be interested in seeing the difference in the fuelling setup between these cars and mine.......if any......as this could highlight the problem.

Air force one is Jonny who has been mapping etc etc along with tearing his hair out waiting on parts  :blink:

I will be taking the car to the drag strip this weekend anyway for a semi-performance run to see how it goes so I will let yous know what the times are!! :D

you need a fuel line upgrade & bigger injectors (spock blew his engine so .8bar may not be advisable)

then i'd say .6 bar maximum before going for the stronger internals.

I'm expecting some 430cc injectors in the next day or so

on the turbo conv you have i think you've replaced the downpipe....i've done mine & response is much better...you also want a 3" system all the way thru...........then you will fly

Marcus- I don't know what spec the pump is or the regulator but the pump is only giving 3.5bar of fuel pressure at max which is not enough.

Dave- I have a full 3" system and custom down pipe as you say so that end is sorted. I have been searching high and low for a set of standard 1g-gte injectors but they are impossible to find :duh:

The car is only going to run .6bar of boost until the internals are sorted.

I would be interested in buying your injectors Dave but I am over budget already and £115 per injector is way too much for me to spend at this stage.

I was thinking more along the lines of £115 for six :P

Do any of you guys know where to source a set of standard injectors from the 1g-gte??? They where only sold in Japan I think but I can't find anything on the web.

I would be interested in buying your injectors Dave but I am over budget already and £115 per injector is way too much for me to spend at this stage.

I was thinking more along the lines of £115 for six :P

Do any of you guys know where to source a set of standard injectors from the 1g-gte???  They where only sold in Japan I think but I can't find anything on the web.

You extracting the urine :angry: :P

Feel free to try & find some cheaper than my price.... which are 430cc beauties and due in any day now

On budget----- whats the phrase ! I'm more than sure the car will be worth the wait

the supply problem is now cured,when the pump and line upgrade was done they didnt remove the relief valve from the tank and hence no fuel supply.Got supply and remapped to 0.55 bar before running out of fuel.To get this i had to up base pressure slightly and the injectors are maxed out,which isnt a good thing so injectors are still needed when gav gets a few quid spare.

The car goes really well but by *** fiting an SM4 to this wasnt straight forward :crybaby:

Lets see how it goes drag racing on sat now for the Crack,although the times at aghadowie do inclde reaction :driving::driving::driving::driving::driving:

A.I.Autosport

Damn it he beat me to it again!!! :yawn:

Yeah I was out with Jonny doing a bit of full throttle mapping last nite after he sorted the fuelling problem and the car is going very well :D :D :D :D

I am happy with .55bar for the time being but even at this I still need bigger injectors as the standard ones are running far too much duty :blush: They will do until I source some other ones or go rob the northern bank to pay Dave for his ones :P :P

Jonny is still in possesion of the car so he can do some more mapping and also fit the adaptor to get the vvti working again and fit the launch control and anti-lag!! :D

I will post my 1/4 mile times up on sat when I get back.

Oh and marcus to answer your previous question I found out that the fuel pump fitted is capable of over 500bhp so I should do the job nicely :hehe:

Well I've just been out in Gavin's car for a run. :driving:

Absolutely amazing. I love the lift when the turbo kicks in. :ph34r:

Defo much faster than the supercharger.

Congratulations on a very nice install.

Professionally done.

Nice one! :zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links