Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At the moment i'm running a m-reg gs300 @65,000 mile's with the intent to get a aristo tt, its a common sight to see the gs for sale with over 150,000 miles on the clock and still running strong but how well do the twin turbo engines take to high miles ,or should it not be an issue to buy one with 80-90k

You'll find most still have the total mileage in KM, so 80-90K would relate to about 70K Miles. Mine has just clocked the 110K KM, they are very good and strong engines, just do the normal checks - history and any major servicing like Cambelt etc....

BR

Paul

To convert KM to miles, take the KM figure, divide it by 8 and times it by 5.

So......

If you are looking at a car with 100,000KM on the clock..........

(100,000 / 8) x 5 = 62,500 Miles.

I'm probably teaching people to suck eggs now :tomato:

Not exactly the same car ,but my brothers Soarer TT has just done 160,000 km and it doesn't use a drop of oil and is still running the original turbo's. His car has a turbo timer ,one sure fire way to wreck turbos is to rev it up and switch off. The timer keeps the engine running for up to two minutes to allow the turbos to slow down and cool a bit , even though you have got out of the car and locked it.