Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

have a 2001 gs300 fully stock

i really know nothing about modding cars so ive been reading up though i dont want to do exhaust because i want to keep it quiet so i was thinking of an air intake

http://www.lextasy.com/gs300_srt_intake_1422_prd1.htm

it says 30hp but would it really add this much? how noticable of a difference is this? How much would this improve gas mileage?

How hard is this to install?

Does it really modify the ecu? Will this mess up the ect pwr and ext snow buttons?

apparently it does 0-60 in 8.2 which seems really slow compared to my 95 mercedes e420 (its a v8 with 275hp but its also heavier and older)

how much do you all think this intake would take off my 0-60 time?

i need to do a lot of research becuase being 17 450$ is a lot of money

are there better intakes out there?

what are some other mods i could do to make it race worthy?

Hi

The SRT intake is good because it isn't just an intake as it also remapped the fueling which is why you see such a bhp increase.

It doesn't mess up ect.

You can get other intakes and then add a fuel computer, which will need to be set up on a rolling road which would give the same performance. You also have the benefit of altering the mapping if you put on a exhaust etc. in the future. However for a simple one off upgrade you cannot beat the SRT.

Not sure what that power increase will do to your 0-60 time. Probably wouldn't alter it too much. If you want to improve your acceleration from a stand still then you should look at changing your torque convertor.

Nobody really mods their GS in the UK so I suggest you post on the US forums - you should get more feedback.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links