Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do You Guys Stop Brake Disks Rusting?

aido

Hi guys, fitted my new brake disks a couple of weeks back and they're already rusted to hell and look bloody awful!

How do you guys stop this from happening?

I'm running Pagid's at the front and Blueprint ADL at the rear....

Any ideas would be appreciated...

I read somewhere that metal that is heated resists and can remove rust ?

After I wash the car the discs all turn orange and there it sits until Monday morning when I drive to work. After the 21 mile journey all the orange has gone and they are back to normal.

I wonder if the heat around the wheels area is what is helping corrosion stay away from my wheels as well ?

I colour coded mine about a year ago, no rust on them at all. Only the disc surface was left free and looks OK, even after 1 year. Used Hammeright Smooth and left for a day to completely dry, even with heavy braking, the paint never came off but I did sand the surface's to give a key for the paint

Sorry guys I should have said, it's the drum / hub part that concerns me, as you say, the calipers sort out the contact area in no time!

Sounds like Hammerite is the way to go for that part of the disk then :D

I could remember something about Lexus doing something to their OEM one's to stop them rusting, just wondered if anyone knew what that was?

Painted mine (drum/hub) with hammerite black and it's fine. Need to have a steady hand though  :lol:

yea like Mr M............ says (hammerite) is best.........i will be doing my drum/hubs in time for the weekend :winky: i was hopeing to get the car back into the bodyshop so they could repaint the car :whistling: but he told me he needs it for a week, so now its going in on Monday 26th ........... and it should all be done in time for the POD meet :winky:

me drum/hubs will look better than the car :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links