Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The car has done 190,000 miles and has a reasonable service history

Recently the following has started to appear

1) When I accelerate both the red brake warning light and the TRAC light appear. When I take my foot off the accerater they both go out

2) The Yellow Overdrive indicator flashes. It used to be after 1 hours + journey. It's now after 10 minutes

3) When I accelerate there is a flat point and it won't kick down unless I put my foot very hard down - then there is a big surge.

4) The petrol guage doesn't register

I live in Raleigh, NC. Does anyone know of a reliable repairer who has good knowledge of Lexus ?

• 1 month later...

try adding brake fluid, my car did the same thing i tried getting answers here as well but no one even tried to help. my fluid was at the right mark but try putting more anyways. that should fix the brake and trac warning lights i cant tell u about the rest though. e-mail me back if it works it worked for me

TRIGGER, have you thought no one answered because maybe someone couldnt help.......or maye the person who could help......wsnt available.

jwhitworth..the trac/brake light could also be a loose connector or chaffing wire...which is breaking contact when you accelorate.....it will be dificult to find.

for the kickdown,have a look at getting the gearbox oil / filter changed..and the kickdown cable adjusted

the fuel guage not registering could be the guage/sender or other electrical fault.....each would need testing

mat

apparently u guys arent the brightest, what difference does it make what day it says i joind. i c u guys also dont take criticism verry well. how old are u cuz u act like a child, and probly didnt leave a very good impresion on jwhitworth. as for the rest of u who joined the band waggon stay in school.

because you cannot post untill you joined.......

which means, you couldnt have asked the question before you joined, and considering both your 2 posts are in this topic, that tells me your the one who should be in school your grammar is terrible.

now go back to your hole.

dont come onto my site patronising me :excl:

apparently u guys arent the brightest, what difference does it make what day it says i joind. i c u guys also dont take criticism verry well. how old are u cuz u act like a child, and probly didnt leave a very good impresion on jwhitworth. as for the rest of u who joined the band waggon stay in school.

I think the responders were addressing the fact that you had only joined that day, and had only made 1 post - that 1 post being your original reply.

However, that 1 post was in itself quite inflammatory, stating

i tried getting answers here as well but no one even tried to help.

this left the question, when exactly did you try to get answers from here?

Lets start over - I'm sure if you post a link to your questions, we will be happy to try and help you