Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Owners Audio System

6Speed

Has your IS200 CD player developed a fault?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Has your IS200 CD player developed a fault?

• No none
    • Yes Error1
    • Yes Error3
    • Yes FM Tuner
    • Yes Other

I am just trying to guage the number of owners (mainly 1999 or 2000 years IS200) who have had trouble with their factory fit CD player, whether replaced under warranty or not.

The reason behind this is my poor response from Lexus regarding my ERROR3 fault.

Error 1 for me a couple of weeks ago. It just stopped on a CD-R, but then wouldn't let me play any normal cds. Just switched it off and on again, and it has been ok. Stopped playing CD-Rs now though :crybaby:

Whats the FM tuner problem? Mine sometimes reverts to the wrong station after a traffic announcement. eg Listening to CD a traffic announcement on Radio Berkshire interrupts. At the end of the bulletin the stereo changes to Radio 1 instead of reverting to the CD. Its really annoying. Is this something I missed getting fixed under warranty?

Mine had ERROR3 with 6 discs still in the unit. Went to collect them after about 4 months and the woman said that hardly anyone ever collects their discs and they had loads behind the counter.

Mine had ERROR3 with 6 discs still in the unit.  Went to collect them after about 4 months and the woman said that hardly anyone ever collects their discs and they had loads behind the counter.

Was you're lucky day then................. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Err1 for my wife's 03 IS200S. It does it on both original CDs and CDRs. Cleaning did not work - so it will be a warranty claim.

I couldn't vote again for the bad FM performance of my 05 S radio. It is has poor sensitivity and the RDS seems reluctant to change to better services (probably because it can not "hear" many). Radio 4, between jcts 4-12 M25, suffers from lots of drop outs and needs to be manually re-tuned. It even seems poor nearer to the Wrotham transmitter. I did have it checked out by a dealer. The tech agreed that is was not wonderful but also said something like: "None of them are very good. We can change it if you like, but you may get a worse one. Some can't even find any stations here when we try to set them up".

Is it the antenna or the tuner itself? If I get time, I may try to work that one out.

G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Err3, twice. Once replaced under warranty, then about 2 months ago. Cd' still in the unit. You can hear it trying to load the discs when ignition on. Problem is I stopped using the cd 18 months ago as I got a MP3 player and connect through the tape player!

Lexus Edgware Rd said it would cost £250 to repair, and if it can't be repaired ...what for it £1,000 to replace it. Who the hell pays £1k for a &&*!$%4^ cd unit!!!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi all (first post an' all). Have I got the record then? I have had no less than 5 HUs in my 2000 IS (all replaced under warranty). Last one has been fine for 2 years though. Well not to worry now, I just PX'd the IS in for an RX which I should get next week so hopefully I won't have to worry about the problem (crosses fingers).

As to the TA featur on the radio, yes, mine does that a lot, decides there is traffic news then decides that there isn't so then guesses I want to listen to the radio not the CD. Damn annoying to say the least.