Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Billsy's Car Pc

Really nice install there, Billsy. Well done.

One question though: how you controlling the N64 games - via touch screen?? Or have you threaded a USB extension through to the front too?

Yes the touch panel on the screen is usb so I have usb at the front. I just need to put a usb hub in the glove box and get an adapter for one of my ps2 controllers (got to have the ps2 controller). The N64 emulator is accessible via the road runner skin....easy :D

Really nice install there, Billsy. Well done.

One question though: how you controlling the N64 games - via touch screen?? Or have you threaded a USB extension through to the front too?

Yes the touch panel on the screen is usb so I have usb at the front. I just need to put a usb hub in the glove box and get an adapter for one of my ps2 controllers (got to have the ps2 controller). The N64 emulator is accessible via the road runner skin....easy :D

You kinda stole my thunder.. :P :P

Been playing about with the same thing for the past week ;) Using my wireless pad. It works very well and suprising how good the graphics look.

GoldenEye looks great on a small screen as does Mario Kart

Have you been able to get the games to run at Full width when inside RR?

You kinda stole my thunder.. :P  :P

Been playing about with the same thing for the past week ;) Using my wireless pad. It works very well and suprising how good the graphics look.

GoldenEye looks great on a small screen as does Mario Kart

Have you been able to get the games to run at Full width when inside RR?

Sorry again Anees :whistling: The full screen games thing is on my tweek list. Let me know if you sort it and I'll do the the same

a usb hub in the glove box

:yahoo:

niiice - lotsa possabilities there....

(Some controller converters here.)

Thanks Hando. lik-sang would be my first choice also

Great install mate, that's well impressive :D

Thanks aido I'v got some catching up to do as far as mods go :duh:

Here's a picture of the pc in the boot. There are cases that are half this size but they don't have room for PCI cards.

Its a long way off Mr Singh's boot build eh :blush:

gallery_8290_191_135819.jpg

Here's the case sat on a box file for size comparison.

Actually, I should have used the box file instead and saved £80 :duh:

gallery_8290_191_44473.jpg

That boot install looks great! :D Nice and tidy.mine is a mess! :lol:

Have you built in any shock protection for the HDD? I assume you've used a laptop HDD which is less susceptible to shocks.

Looks really ACE ;)

Have you built in any shock protection for the HDD? I assume you've used a laptop HDD which is less susceptible to shocks.

Looks really ACE ;)

I read somewhere that most laptop drives aren’t any better than standard one’s for shock protection. So I went for a standard sata/ide one. It hasn’t jumped or anything yet

I read somewhere that most laptop drives aren’t any better than standard one’s for shock protection. So I went for a standard sata/ide one. It hasn’t jumped or anything yet

Me neither.. I've used a SATA 3.5" HDD and it have been fine. To be on the safe side I have put it on a bed of foam so its cushioned. Just changing that now however because I am concerned about heat retention.

Your only in Stockport, we could have a Car PC mini-meet at some point ;) Once I get mine back in the car and working that is. It would be nice to get a few of the Car PC guys together actually.....

Especially with wireless cards - we could swap stuff.

I don't believe I just said that. How geeky did that sound...........

Not at all Geoff.

The guys on MP3Car have meets and setup Adhoc wireless networks to exchange files. They even bring big transformers and things too to power up more toys. :lol: There was a meet at the Trafford Centre last year apparently too - obviously I had no Car PC then.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit gutted guy's :crybaby: I need to scrape together a few grand for a training course that I need to do in a few weeks so might have to sell the car pc. Would anyone be interested? I'll be wanting £800 for the whole shebang. If anyone wants a demo just let me know. Oh well hopefully the course will be a good investment and I’ll be able to build another car pc later on :D

Cheers

Billsy

I'm a bit gutted guy's :crybaby:  I need to scrape together a few grand for a training course that I need to do in a few weeks so might have to sell the car pc. Would anyone be interested? I'll be wanting £800 for the whole shebang. If anyone wants a demo just let me know. Oh well hopefully the course will be a good investment and I’ll be able to build another car pc later on :D

Cheers

Billsy

Noooooooooo! :crybaby::crybaby: Surely not!

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links