Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seeking Help To Diagnose The Problem

centurydynasty

My 92' ES300 is lossing power when I climbing a 20 degree or bigger angle's slope. I accelerate it, but seems no response from the engine and the car won't move. If I pedal the accelerate to the end, I can feel something shaking from the bottom of the engine and the engine will cut off sometimes. Does anyone have an idea for what is going on? Possible areas: spark, transmission or exhaust?

• 3 weeks later...

Start with why the engine is having trouble.

Bad spark plugs / rotor∩ / wires

Vacuum leak

Wrong ignition timing

Plugged cat

Incorrect amount of fuel

Low compression

Check in that order.

Don't replace the wires with generic crap. If they have damage, spend the big money for more OEM Toyota wires, or higher quality aftermarket wires. (Vitek / Magnacore)

• 7 years later...

I have (ALTEZZA import) lexus is200 year 1999 miles around 51000 mark just few days I've had something gone wrong which is difficult to understand.

Driving coming towards traffic light slowing down just then the car started to shake and cuts. No engine management light come on I started the car which started first time then again slows down car does the some thing again shakes and cuts off. I've done full service but still the some when engine cold it's ok but I noticed revs shots up to 2000 and down and up automatically when ever the engine hot.

I've also cleaned out the throttle body sensors too. It seemed ok but driving again engine hot coming towards light shaking started and cuts off I hav to quickly gone done too neutral and revs shots up put back to D drive revs go right down like going to cut off but doesn't cut off.

Please please pease help if anyone come across this before or anything I can try.

Thanks