Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fog Lights

Mr Morse

You mean to just have the fog lights on ? without having to use the dipped lights?

Well, this would still be deemed as using your fog lights, in (if you were) a condition that would not be deemed suitable IE visibility not less than 100M

So I would say it is an offence yes (legal)

Don't know about MOT

You mean to just have the fog lights on ? without having to use the dipped lights?

Well, this would still be deemed as using your fog lights, in (if you were) a condition that would not be deemed suitable IE visibility not less than 100M

So I would say it is an offence yes (legal)

Don't know about MOT

From reading through the MOT requirements I gather that if front fogs are fitted, then they have to work.....nothing about working independently of the main lights.

Next mod coming up! :ph34r:

Front fogs NOT PART OF MOT  :D

But if they are fitted they have to work.

Like reversing lights - not a requirement, but if they are present and don't work your car will fail MOT.

No the tester will not turn then on to see if thay are working, as its not part of the test so will not fail. same with reversing lights dont test them so how can thay fail. :D

What is the point of this mod then apart from to join the long list of Mupets I see around London driving with their side lights and full fogs on... smashing, now they can see only 3m in front of their car! icon_shrug.gif

What is the point of this mod then apart from to join the long list of Mupets I see around London driving with their side lights and full fogs on... smashing, now they can see only 3m in front of their car! icon_shrug.gif

Because....if you read my post you will see what I am saying.........

ONLY fogs

and If I want to look like a tit then I will be the only IS tit in the country

Because....if you read my post you will see what I am saying.........

ONLY fogs

and If I want to look like a tit then I will be the only IS tit in the country

Sorry still dont get it :duh: Side and fog or only fogs.... can't see the point...

No the tester will not turn then on to see if thay are working, as its not part of the test so will not fail. same with reversing lights dont test them so how can thay fail.  :D

A car I had a while back failed an MOT due to inoperative front fogs. I was told that if they're on, they have to work. Didn't question it because I intended to get them fixed anyway.

No the tester will not turn then on to see if thay are working, as its not part of the test so will not fail. same with reversing lights dont test them so how can thay fail.  :D

A car I had a while back failed an MOT due to inoperative front fogs. I was told that if they're on, they have to work. Didn't question it because I intended to get them fixed anyway.

If you are saying the front fogs failed ? then it should not have failed :duh: just coz the front fog are on your car dont mean they have to work :D coz the mot tester has no need to turn them on coz not part of the test, should not be able to fail it on fail sheet coz no where it put fail on sheet (front fogs) if you see what i mean ?

ps. this dont work with spot lights by the way, if you have them on the front of your car, thay must work :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links