Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Coilovers

Niraj

I am VERY happy with my recent mod.

Yes you guessed it, TTE Coilovers :)

I've finally managed to lower my IS200 on some TTE Coilovers. They were very nicely packaged, and delivered to my workshop directly from Belgium :) The shocks were painted a very nice red, with the mounts an aluminium silver. Very nice to look at, even when not fitted, hehehe :hehe:

Saturday morning, i took 2 hours out of my day to swap over my stock suspension with the new kit. It retains the OEM top mounts and as expected was a hassle free, perfect fit.

I've taken it out for a spin and the difference was AMAZING :o i just love it! The stiffer ride was exactly what i was looking for, and the kit has delivered.

I've attached a small pic of the car at 9am in the morning then later again at 11:30. You can see an instant difference, and that's without the TTE springs being given a chance to settle to the lower height.

tte0-30mm.gif

Only one slight problem :( the passenger side shock absorber is faulty, and is making a very loud knocking rattling noise at low speeds over crooked bumpy roads. Will be getting in a replacement as soon as possible.

Other then that... i'm more than impressed, and very very happy :D I'd recommend it to everyone.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TTE's are good kit mate, just a shame you can't adjust the damping on them at times - have you got anti roll bars yet as if not I'd highly recommend you add those next as they will make a big difference (in my experience bigger than the coilovers!)

BTW mate, there's only one pic up there?

it's an animated GIF :D before and after, superimposed to see the difference. :D

I thought about the anti-roll bars, but may opt for a strut brace before i go back under the car to improve its handling performance.

The antiroll bar kit came to £350+ which i'm afraid is a bit over the budget at the moment. :( but is definately on the shopping list of the future :blush:

Being honest mate I wouldn't waste the money on the strut brace, go straight for the antirolls, a much bigger improvement front and rear :)

As for the pic - d'oh - I have my browser set to only play animated gif's once before stopping - let me try again :lol:

OK can see both pics now, are you going to drop her more or did you just buy the coilovers for the stiffer ride?

Sure I can see a pikey hiding in those wheel arches even with the coilovers :lol:

I agree with Aido. When i had the TTE coilovers fitted i had the TTE anti roll bars also. Although mine is lowered more than yours. The difference is incredible.

Before you do anything else mate...Get some TTE anti roll bars fitted. You wont look back :D

What ride height have you gone for :question:

Well i guess i'll be looking to see who is selling the anti-roll bars at the cheapest price for next months mod :)

I adjusted them with 245mm measuring from centre of the lower bush bolt to the base of the spring saddle, for the front shocks.

For the rears i measured 105mm from the centre of the lower bush bolt to the base of the spring saddle. (i did set this at 120mm to start, but decided to change it)

I'm not totally sure what these should achieve in reality, because these are the first set of coilovers i've ever fitted. But my aim is to be 40mm-50mm lower than stock at the end of all the tuning.

I really need some advice from you guys, cos i'm not sure if i've got the washers at the right height on the shock absorbers... for the drop i'm looking for.

The front shock's are adjustable between 220-245mm and the rears are 95-120mm. Which end of the scale am i aiming for, when the spring saddle is in its final lock position?

Hope i make sense guys :S

Thanks for the compliments :)

Looking good mate.

Are you sure that the coilover is faulty and it is not just "topping out"?

Don't know the TTE's but presume that you can adjust both the length of the shock and the position of the lower spring seat. It is important to get the spring at the right height to give suspension travel both up and down!

interesting thought... I dont think it's "topped out" because TTE have given the recommended adjustment zone between 220mm and 245mm.

I know from past experience when replacing shocks that every now and then you come across a faulty one.

Lexus are sending me out a replacement one on thursday :) if it turns out not to be the shock, which is highly unlikely, i'll have to spend a few hours adjusting them and checking everything over again.

The actual fitment was SOOO easy i did it myself, and took 2 hours, not ever having done one before.

The front involved undoing the 3 x 12mm top nuts. 1 x 10mm ABS bracket bolt. 1 x 17mm Nut and Bolt holding the lower bush in place. Then you just wiggle the entire lot out :)

The rear was just as easy, if not easier.

2 hours to fit a set of coilovers  :crybaby:

Want a job ?

Dave it's easy when you have all the tools at hand :D... oh and two 4 poster ramps and one 2 poster ramp :hehe: but like i mentioned from above... there are very few bolts to remove... and swapping the mounts over is easy as pie, when you have the tool to compress the springs. Oh and my dad is a 30 year experienced car mechanic... :D hehe, all the knowledge and tools, right at my fingertips :blush:

Nice mod there matey, so did you get the kit from a main dealer then?

I'm finding more and more they are willing to do deals on parts :)

Yup, got the kit from Jemca, Edware Road.

Like with the faulty shock, there is very little hassle, and are sending out a brand new one for thursday morning delivery. No questions asked, just a direct replacement. They wanted to swap the entire kit over but i told them the rest of it is fitted and is fine... Oh by the way, there is a 3 day lead time on this kit, as they are being shipped from the dealers in Belgium.

Looks great Niraj! ;)

Remember to get the geometry sorted once you have the ride height you desire ;) then they should be EVEN BETTER. :D

If you don't mind me asking, how much were they from the dealers?

MacRS200 - the TTE coilovers are not adjustable damping... only adjustable height... i just read your post about knocking on the Apexi N1 coilovers.

On the Apexi's you can adjust the height by moving the lower spring seat up or down the damper body and/or by adjusting the total length of the strut, so you got an infinite number of positions that will give the same ride height.

2 hours to fit a set of coilovers  :crybaby:

Want a job ?

:lol:

Dave, you already have someone up North who can do that in 30 minutes :P

You Southerners take too long on most things except those the ladies like :lol:

Good Morning guys, just an update on the TTE Coilovers :)

I'm still VERY impressed.

The knocking noise from front passenger side has now disappeared! How you ask?? hehehe, :D lexus sent me a replacement damper.. which as suspected was the problem. The loud knocking noise disappeared instantly.

While the car was on the ramp, and the wheels were off, i decided to lower the car a little more. And ooops, made a small "schoolboy error". I stuck the car on the 4 poster ramp... lowered it... tried to drive off, and i couldn't get it off, lol, hehehe.... so we extended the decline a further 3 metres and i drove it off like magic :D

Sorted.... the car now sits 50mm lower than stock SE.

Front Arch to Wheel Centre = 325mm

Rear Arch to Wheel Centre = 335mm

:D

Moving on... as the noise from the front passenger shock was very loud, but now fixed, the driver side front shock has become apparent, and knocks at low speed around 5mph, over rough road surfaces :( Lexus are sending out another unit, and should receive it by later today... which means i can replace it tomorrow :)

The knock isn't alot, but i'm a fussy guy... fingers crossed it's all sorted :D

Oh by the way... journey time to work has increased by 3 minutes, as i have to drive like a granny over road humps, lol :lol:

hehehe... i'm thinking about lower, but i think i'm maxed out on the TTE's. I've got about 20mm worth of lowering thread left, but if i go any more, then the springs are just gonna hang loose. Which is a big NO NO!

Let's see how things go for a while... next step is to find the correct rims. 18's? 19's? i really don't know!!! You already know i've been eyeing up those 20x7.5! but will probably "steer" clear, lol (excuse the pun).

You can now see the 2 stage lowering... one at 30mm and the other at 50mm....

tte0-30mm.gif

tte30-50mm.gif

I've also attached a photo on this post... i thought was quite artistic, but most will thing is a load of crap, hehehe... no no, be honest... do you like the photo... it's taken this morning, after i replaced the drivers side shock absorber.... oh and guys... the car is looking good, feeling good, and now even sounding good. The knocking noises are all gone, and i am 100% happy with the entire outfit... SORTED :D :driving:

tte_04.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links