Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Coilovers

Niraj

oh crap... i think i may have the springs wrong way round then, :( is this possible?

where do i find the markings? can i check without taking the shocks apart?

when i took them out the box, they all looked the same :crybaby:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh crap... i think i may have the springs wrong way round then, :( is this possible?

where do i find the markings? can i check without taking the shocks apart?

when i took them out the box, they all looked the same :crybaby:

Sorry mate!.... looks like a busy weekend for you, from my prospective i am 'happy' this has been realised....

Your geometry and subsequent handling complaints had me baffled :duh: ...... 'car is good.... report is good' why is there still a problem....

Well with miss-matched diagonal spring rates no wonder the car handles pants!

Get them re-positioned and i will 'finalise' the geo.... on me :D

Thank you so much Tony... you've been a superstar with all my problems, but i tell you something... i'm very happy that this "may be" the answer to my problems... i actually thought i was going mad, and had lost alot of enjoyment and satisfaction driving my lex...

However...

I was just pondering... what if by fluke, the springs are on the right way round? :yawn:

I'm trying to figure out how i've got the springs set up... 2 rears on the front, and 2 fronts on the rear?

or 1 of each in each corner? or did i just completely screw up somewhere? :tomato: What would be the characteristics of such an assortments of setups? I understand that the front spring rates should be much higher compared to the rear...?

Saturday, is going to be a very loooooonggggg day.... lol

anyone offering advice would be an absolute delight to hear please :D

Thank you so much Tony... you've been a superstar with all my problems, but i tell you something... i'm very happy that this "may be" the answer to my problems... i actually thought i was going mad, and had lost alot of enjoyment and satisfaction driving my lex...

However...

I was just pondering... what if by fluke, the springs are on the right way round? :yawn:

I'm trying to figure out how i've got the springs set up... 2 rears on the front, and 2 fronts on the rear?

or 1 of each in each corner? or did i just completely screw up somewhere? :tomato: What would be the characteristics of such an assortments of setups? I understand that the front spring rates should be much higher compared to the rear...?

Saturday, is going to be a very loooooonggggg day.... lol

anyone offering advice would be an absolute delight to hear please :D

Honestly mate in the absolute destructive position the consequences geometrically go through the roof.

Mathematically the 'over steer/under steer/dynamic correction' measured against the spring rate belays any need to calculate.... simple correction in the position of the springs should conclude why your car has suffered in it's handling.

Then i will set her up for you.

Hey guys... I checked out the springs...

I found confusing markings.

On the NSF and OSR... the markings are as shown in the picture.

tte_springs.jpg

the markings from top

TTE

AM27620

I see no markings of VA, HA, or HR :(

Any idea's guys? I couldn't see any markings on the OSF and NSR springs, because i think they were hidden round the back.

Advice offerings appreciated. :)

is the part number correct for those springs, because i was just looking at the TTE website, and it says IS200 = AM27619 for lowering springs?

But i'm ccertain you are right Mat... I hope i dont sound like i'm arguing. :( i'm just a bit weary of taking the lot off... long process you see.

i'm a little boy in need of guidance.. :lol:

I have an invoice... It was bought via Jemca Toyota, who ordered via TTE Germany.

Do you suspect there to be a problem?

on the invoice there should be the part number, please can you tell me that part number ordered

if needed scan and email it to me

can i ask why you ordered from jemca?

Edited by Monster-Mat

I cannot find the invoice at this moment... I searched through all of my paperwork. :(

The box was sealed when i received the coilovers. It was one big box, and everything was neatly packed and organised in the box. I will be worrying all night now about this :( What are you thinking Mat???

I ordered from Jemca, because I get good traders discount... we order a fair number of parts from them regularly.

I cannot find the invoice at this moment... I searched through all of my paperwork. :(

The box was sealed when i received the coilovers. It was one big box, and everything was neatly packed and organised in the box. I will be worrying all night now about this :( What are you thinking Mat???

I ordered from Jemca, because I get good traders discount... we order a fair number of parts from them regularly.

well there are 2 sets of coilovers is200 and is300 sportscross, i need the part number to confirm, even the box will have the part number on

however, the springs will stilll have the axle orientation marked on them

I ordered them using the part numbers from : http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=2073

the bit where it says "Coilovers (not Sportcross) AM27706 or AM277-06000"

i just assumed they would've got it right, as the guy i speak to, knows everything i order is for an IS200.

The difference i noticed, from picture to product, was the rear shocks only had threads at the bottom of shock about 25%, whereas in the picture, the threads cover almost 75% of the shocks.

Well, i'll get the part number on the box, tomorrow... to put my mind at rest.

I'll make sure i take lots of pics on saturday, of all the bits, so that we can use them as library pictures for future topics.

I hope the springs are in the wrong place so i can sort it out, i really don't need any stress in my life at the moment :(

keep your fingers crossed for me lads :huh:

Well, i'll get the part number on the box, tomorrow... to put my mind at rest.

I'll make sure i take lots of pics on saturday, of all the bits, so that we can use them as library pictures for future topics.

I hope the springs are in the wrong place so i can sort it out, i really don't need any stress in my life at the moment :(

keep your fingers crossed for me lads :huh:

there wont be a need for library pics i have made a topic on how to fit springs and stuff, ill add that if you buy german stuff to ensure you read the labels or something, theres no point duplicating infomation as it complicates searches, or workshop linking

the issue doesnt seem to have been experianced by anyone else...the springs, are visually different when off, if i recall the front ones are slightly longer

infact the TUV paperwork which came with the coilovers would state the differences and which spring goes where, the front coils are 1 mm thicker than the rears and if i recall have extra windings per each spring

Edited by Monster-Mat

in that case, i'm probably gonna be in a bit of trouble... because as i recall, all 4 springs were identical... in shape, size, colour and coils. which is why i couldn't differentiate anything between them. have you got a library pic of the springs you had in your kits? on TTE images, they look identical...

in that case, i'm probably gonna be in a bit of trouble... because as i recall, all 4 springs were identical... in shape, size, colour and coils. which is why i couldn't differentiate anything between them. have you got a library pic of the springs you had in your kits? on TTE images, they look identical...

no i dont have a pic, they are marked as stated by Florian, and by myself i even translated it.

you need to take the wheels of slacken the height adjusting rings and spin the coils.

the coils are...all the same colour and the differences are negligable, but they are marked i assure you

at the moment were going round and round in circles, you dont have any paper evidence as to part number, and you havnt actually physically checked everypart of the spring for the infomation you have been told is there, so theres nothing more anyone c an do untill you look...ive helped as much as i can..... i wish i could help more.

thats why these things should be fitted by people who know what there doing, and not just rushed on.....ive not known anyone else have these problems.

Niraj mate, TTE build Formula 1 cars, they have about 300 sets of coilovers in the warehouse, i know, ive personally sen them, they dont screw up by accidently putting the wrong springs in a coilover kit.

accept the springs are more than likey installed wrong...get your coveralls on and start spinning a spanner

i can do all 4 in just over an hour...im sure you will be able to do it in around the same time in your dads workshop with some help.

also, worth pointing out aswell the spring top mount orientation as shown in the last bit of this instruction i did a few years ago

Changing springs instruction

Edited by Monster-Mat

I'll admit, i did do it in a rush, i was too excited... and probably did them FAR too quickly, hence the **** up :huh: . Wasn't paying enough attention. I don't mean to be wasting your time Mat, honestly that's not my purpose. I will add, it was my first time, fitting a set of coilovers, and i'm pretty certain, even the best of mechanics, get it wrong once in a while... i guess i'll have to wait till i get the car on the ramp, and get the whole lot off.

One thing i'm looking forward to, is getting back into the drivers seat, and remembering what it feels like to drive a REAL car :D

Cheers for your help Mat, very much appreciated.

I'll admit, i did do it in a rush, i was too excited... and probably did them FAR too quickly, hence the **** up :huh: . Wasn't paying enough attention. I don't mean to be wasting your time Mat, honestly that's not my purpose. I will add, it was my first time, fitting a set of coilovers, and i'm pretty certain, even the best of mechanics, get it wrong once in a while... i guess i'll have to wait till i get the car on the ramp, and get the whole lot off.

One thing i'm looking forward to, is getting back into the drivers seat, and remembering what it feels like to drive a REAL car :D

Cheers for your help Mat, very much appreciated.

Niraj, last thing i want is for you to think your wasting my time, your not, just that we have exhausted all means of alternative cause at the moment, untill physical checks are done

good mechanics, NEVER get it wrong :winky:

Well after a lovely day in the freezing workshop, things have come good :)

Removing the wheels, and cleaning the springs, and a general nose about under the car revealed several things.

Spring Marking

NSF - TTE AM27620

OSF - TTE AM27738 M/V

NSR - TTE AM27738 M/V

OSR - TTE AM27620

The length of remaining adjustable thread per shock

NSF - 17mm

OSF - 27mm

NSR - 34mm

OSR - 29mm

Distance between arch and centre of wheel

NSF - 335mm

OSF - 335mm

NSR - 345mm

OSR - 345mm

Doing basic maths and using common sense. The conclusion is based on the fact that the car is perfectly lowered with respect to distance between the arch and centre of wheel.

I don't know what "M/V" stands for, but after taking a rough guess, i have decided to put them on the rear.

So front springs currently are AM27620. Rear springs are AM27738.

I moved my 1 month old SP9000's to the rear, and bought 2 new SP9000's for the front.

Took the car for a spin, and it drives like a dream. I've got a grin from ear to ear :D

So all in all, it was a good day, and now im in love with driving again :D :D. hehehe.

I just hope i've got the springs the right way round (fronts and rears) because i dont want to take the whole lot off, lol.

PS: AM27738, spring appears to be slightly thinner. Therefore probably not as strong.

So, Mat... please tell me ive got it right? :unsure:

wouldnty it have been better to contact me before you put it back together, that way then i could have given you a direct telephone number for TTE.

i dont know if you have it right as i dont have the individual part numbers for the springs...

MV doesnt translate to what it could be in German the V could be Vorn, which is front in German so its very possible you still have the springs in the wrong location......

why dont you ask TTE...rather than swapping it all then asking on the forum, then more than likely asking TTE. and having to swap it...........again

however it does sound like the set up is now right, however i would ask TTE, to be 100% sure

Edited by Monster-Mat