Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Type Of Sc Pulley Do You Use?

KevShek

Hi all,

just wondering what type of supercharger pulley do you guys use? just a regular solid pulley or clutch type?

ive bought an aftermarket Blitz unit for my car (admittedly not a Lexus, but Toyota) and it has an electromagnetic pulley on the charger. I want to upgrade mine from the 90mm diameter, but dont know if Blitz do one. Im looking into other brands that may use the same sort of setup. Ive contact Blitz UK who have no idea as yet, cant find a link to contact Blitz Japan.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so to confirm do u have a UK IS200 or an altezza? i assume an altezza - mr.singh has the blitz sc and i seem to remember that has a clutch SC nose pulley.

for those with the IS200 and the tte SC it is a solid nose drive pulley

i actually have a toyota previa with a blitz kit on it. Blitz use a clutch pulley which engages according to TPS. As the drive pulley is intergrated into the alternator pulley, it would be harder to have that manufactured. I trying to figure out if any of the other kits out there use a similar clutch type pulley as blitz.

I too want more boost, i'm not sure its smaller you want though, isn't it larger for more boost?

PM'd you back, but just to clear things up here.

This is my drive pulley fitted to my alternator. (old alternator pulley in my hand) Its a twin pulley system driven by the alternator which in turn is driven by the crank.

IMAG0020.JPG

This is my SC pulley.

IMAG0024.JPG

Close up

pulley2.jpg

It would be easier for me to change the SC pulley cos its right on the top, plus i dont have a clue who could machine a twin drive pulley like in the first pic. Besides id have to strip the whole lot out to get dimensions of it first! which i cant be bothered to do.

So to conclude, were all correct in a way, to increase boost, you either

1) increase the drive pulley

or

2) decrease the SC pulley.

more info on my conversion here

http://www.kevshek.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/compressorx.html

Lovely installation mate.

I wish i could have the adjustable TPS control, but mines mounted in a rather pathetic black box in the engine. Bit pointless anyway as the car runs like poop till i get a ECU and mapping done.

Looking at the vid, seems like you had no bogging out issues Altezza owners experience with the s/c kit.

I have no room to increas the drive pulley, its too close to the tensioner bracket, but the s/c pulley would be very handy if we can find a solution!

I dont see why the TPS setup i have couldnt be adapted to suit yours, all it is, is a small circuit, which produces the output to the relay that controls the clutch, depending on what you set the switch at, ie the voltage you want it to detect on the tps, the circuit would just then switch it on.

As for bogging down, i dont suppose there is, off boost, the car accelerate a tad slower, throttle responce is a tad slower, but i think that just due to the extra air ways and the restriction of the air path from the extra piping and the charger. But as soon as the charger kicks in, basically when you hear it whine, it just goes!

Ive also just had a scarey thought, if i ever have to change the aternator for one reason or another, id have to strip the whole lot off!

Indeed, i will contact Blitz for this adjustable panel its too cool not to have at your finger tips :D

I have problem with Air/Fuel ratio, fully mappable ECU sorts this problem out for 99.9% of the Altezza/Compressor guys, i'm yet to do this, figured if we have the problem that surely the guys with Blitz s/c on other cars would have the same.... Looks like you don't have such an issue!

I've taken mine out twice, Alt to Crankshaft belt has been changed..... 9 times :lol: but the problem has been fixed since then i'm happy to say!

So.... lets see if we can get anything out of Blitz or Eaton re: pulley :)

after having a lok at your pics, ive noticed that your pulley looks smaller than mine :) judging by the diameter of the widest part, the actual ribs where the belt sits looks narrower than mine.

Can you do me a favour sometime and measure the diameter between the points arrowed? The flat bit just outside of where the belt sits.

pulley3.jpg

Love the look of your FMIC, that one of the thing on my list but will have to wait till i get my new bodykit, as theres no/little room on the stock bumper.

I also like the BOV, didnt think you would get one to work, so how does it perform? I dont think its of much use on an automatic as gear changes are unoticable anyways.

shouldnt do like, cos the belt wont be sitting on that part, i just need the diameter right next to the belt.

You see how mine sits and leaves that flat part to the right of the belt bear?

pulley1.jpg

Gotcha...

Yes the BOV made a difference, it to absorbs the over-pressure wave when shutting the throttle quickly.

Vid clip.

Its not loud, like stupid LOUD, i measured over 130dB on my Audio Control SA-3055 :D

http://golfpics.worldfreeweb.com/P9040118.MOV

after having a lok at your pics, ive noticed that your pulley looks smaller than mine :) judging by the diameter of the widest part, the actual ribs where the belt sits looks narrower than mine.

Can you do me a favour sometime and measure the diameter between the points arrowed? The flat bit just outside of where the belt sits.

pulley3.jpg

Okay measured it this morning.

115mm on the face

100mm on the pulley

not the answer you were hoping for.

Let see of the Celica pulley is smaller perhaps..

yeah, it looks smaller, guess not then. Theres at least one good thing to know for you that is, mine being 90mm will be an upgrade option for you! should get you a couple of psi more. Let see how we get on from here.

i read somewhere that 10mm makes about 2 psi i believe, this obviously depends on the initial output of the charger but im willing to take a risk. I have a boost gauge, so will be able to tell, if i boost too much, just back off and have a rethink.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links