Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Type Of Sc Pulley Do You Use?

KevShek

oh and just to add, listening out for DET is obviously a good thing to do, but fueling can be corrected using something like a SAFC or Blitz R-FIT. As it stands, i know my car runs rich anyways, as my MOT tester told me last month! im also installing a A/F gauge.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but will the engine take it?? and do you know the increase in PSI,  a change in pulley size will make?

Stock Tezza' engine will take 11psi.

Its already quite high compression 11.5:1

I've got somewhere around 6-7psi now, 10psi would be great :D

in theory thou, the drive belt, ie, crank to alt, and alt to sc pulley, wouldnt change speed, its just purely that the sc pulley has a smaller circumfrance so it spins faster using the same amount of revolutions from the drive belt, what could cause the increase in wear on the alt? obviously this has to be considered cos you dont wanna be changing alts every so often.

I would have thought the extra torque alone would cause it...

not sure about yours, but when my s/c goes it doesn't half translate by rocking the engine and mounts to extremes lol i think i'd almost certainly require engine damper.

lets see what Chi can find out i guess!

Mr Singh - Bad News........

i got fed up and eventually decided to ring Blitz NA, ive just got off the phone with them and this is the crack.....

they dont have any kits instock to measure, but even if they did, they wouldnt be able to get just a pulley. You would have to buy a full kit!! So even when it comes to warranty, they would just change the whole compressor. He doesnt think Blitz Japan even build the pulley, they buy them in fitted, and there no way to find out who makes the pulley unless we can contact Japan (which i doubt) The guy couldnt even think of another system which uses a clutch type pulley.......

so our final options are.........

to collectively pester Blitz UK and get them onto Japan for more info and where this pulley originates from and take it up with them

or

have the twin drive pulley CNC'd

im up for whatever, let me know.

Thats too bad

I can't install a larger bottom pulley as it will hit my tensioner bracket for the Alt to Crankshaft belt shown below,

IMG_0054.jpg

Its not very clear, but the belt is about 5mm away from the bracket as it is, although it doesn't foul or rub its still faaaar to close to put on a bigger pulley.

This is turning out to be a total PITA (pain in the a$$!)

See what else you can find out, and i'll get onto Chi hoping he can get the info regarding the chap who fitted a different pulley.

Good work on calling them though :)

Good work on calling them though :)

aye, ive got International Lo Call :D

yeah, i dont fancy stripping mine down to get the pulley dimensions myself, still working on it. Havent fully worked up the courage to dismantle the clutch pulley to see how it works, for fear of not being able to put it back on! But thought about seeing if something could be done with that.

I'll let you be the first to take it apart :P

all we need is to get that pulley part off and have smaller one machined...

But i don't think its quite so simple :(

:crybaby: always me.........

From what ive seen close up, the pulley part where the belt sits on is just a ring, as the outter larger part of the pulley is whats connected to the SC shaft. Its possible to make that ring in a reduced size, what size depends on how thick is it to begin with. But there also the possiblility of the inside of the ring having some sort of tooth/rack pinion type of getup, or how else does the shaft lock into the outer ring...........

all complicated stuff.

wonder if Blitz UK have any schematics?

Some stuff i found off the net....

Every compressor is equipped with an electromagnetic clutch as part of the compressor pulley assembly.

0900823d80050d8c.gif

Parts of a compressor clutch assembly. Courtesy of Ford Motor Company.

It is designed to engage the pulley to the compressor shaft when the clutch coil is energized. The purpose of the clutch is to transmit power from the engine to the compressor and to provide a means of engaging and disengaging the refrigeration system from engine operation.

is that a hint for me to have a go at disassembling :duh: ?

doesnt look that bad to be honest, good find, where did you get it from?

lol

Google'd, Electromagnetic Clutch Pulley :D

could always look at the merc fitting or go for a solid pulley

Solid pulley... lol.

you would probably need shares in front bumpers, theres no way to can control FULL boost in traffic situations lol

then dont put ur foot down so much!

Easy to say.

With my TPS Sensor OFF, so the pulley is engaged, like a Solid pulley.... is Lethal, i could see the uprated TRD clutch i have burning out very quick, the torque is violent.

Its not like TTE blowers, this is different.

My mate has machined out a pulley to increase boost on his SC!

He machined an extra pulley just in case, but now he's selling it to me :whistling:

I will take a photograph of it as well as dimension. Or I could machine out a few more! Who wants one!?

I dunno how much more boost you can get though. I have also yet find out which pulley he replaced. However, I do know you definitely need to get a aftermarket ECU in order to extract the power safely.

Stay tune. :shifty:

My mate has machined out a pulley to increase boost on his SC!

He machined an extra pulley just in case, but now he's selling it to me  :whistling:

I will take a photograph of it as well as dimension. Or I could machine out a few more! Who wants one!?

I dunno how much more boost you can get though. I have also yet find out which pulley he replaced. However, I do know you definitely need to get a aftermarket ECU in order to extract the power safely.

Stay tune.  :shifty:

Oh man!!! How COOOL! :D

Can you get that thing measured, and when u install it can u take pics of how you took the Pulley apart?

I defo want one, get this sucker doing some real damage :P

If you can get one machined, do that and we'll drop you some British Sterling £££££ :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links