Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eng Light + Flashig Trc Light

GALLA_4

well sounds like u have it sorted! glad that it wasnt anything too serious!

if u get funny noises during the gearchange sometime in the future just check that the bypass moves freely - on mine it stuck at one position so wasnt closing properly

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob mate

All is looking good so far! Again I dont want to tempt fate but it looks like your initial sugesstion a few posts back was the culprit!

I owe you a beer or two mate! I am really starting to get to grips with the whole mechanical aspect of how the SC works!

Thank you so much to everyone Matt C, Aido, Ad77, TheDon, and everyone else who took the time to help me and whose name I sisn't mention!! Ye guys know who ye are!! Thank you sincerely!! I just need to find fitting intructions for the new spring!!

Owen if you bought the s/c kit from Prolex it should have come with the uprated spring in the first place. I'm sure Dave sends out all uprated springs with the new kits

We went through the entire kit several times over, as we had racks to store it all in instalation order. Although there were 2 kits for adapting the fluid cylinder... perhaps this got put in as a mistake?

And it would seem that those who would have put the blame at my feet might owe me a little apology? maybe not PM'ing behind my back would have been more apropriate..... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Owen, i am very happy that its now resolved! i even told your bro not to adjust that bit!!! lol....

Oh and the shiney stuff will be en-route soon!

Owen if you bought the s/c kit from Prolex it should have come with the uprated spring in the first place. I'm sure Dave sends out all uprated springs with the new kits

Nope Nothing! I had to email a guy called Florian Bachus at TTE who organised for one to be sent over. Athough in my TTE kit I did notices that I had two bags containing the same pieces. Chris was saying they were for the standard airbox or something like that. They look like plastic T sections or something. I got two of them?

Perhaps thats where the confusion was.

Now it's working mate you need to go out and run it ragged, take it to within an inch of it's life - if it copes with that then you can be pretty happy it's running smoothly :D

Oh and the shiney stuff will be en-route soon!

More bling!! Means more Trophies!

The car is gonna clean up at shows over here! Already got me the Pioneer headunit!

They never even seen a supercharger the last show I went too :D

Chris what did you think of the noise from the induction pipe? It seems to be getting better!

How does it sound with that custom induction Owen?

Guess Chris is best placed to compare it to the TDI / Prolex induction pipes but I have a feeling it sounds similar?

Oh yeah little tip as well pal, if your supercharger belt ever starts slipping you will be able to hear instantly with the induction pipe fitted - when changing gear at high revs you should get a crisp blow off noise, if it starts off at a high tone and changes to a lower pitched tone, hard to describe but kinda like a cat meowing then it means the belt is slipping - mine got that bad it sounded like the London Philharmonic Orchestra :lol:

And it would seem that those who would have put the blame at my feet might owe me a little apology? maybe not PM'ing behind my back would have been more apropriate.....  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

i have sent PM's to owen, I sincerly hope that you are not refering to me?

And it would seem that those who would have put the blame at my feet might owe me a little apology? maybe not PM'ing behind my back would have been more apropriate.....  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

No not you my good sir!!! definately not you! THEY know who they are!

you have been extremely helpful!

How does it sound with that custom induction Owen?

Guess Chris is best placed to compare it to the TDI / Prolex induction pipes but I have a feeling it sounds similar?

Oh yeah little tip as well pal, if your supercharger belt ever starts slipping you will be able to hear instantly with the induction pipe fitted - when changing gear at high revs you should get a crisp blow off noise, if it starts off at a high tone and changes to a lower pitched tone, hard to describe but kinda like a cat meowing then it means the belt is slipping - mine got that bad it sounded like the London Philharmonic Orchestra :lol:

It sounds realy good and clean! the filter gives it more of a pronounced "roar" compared to the HKS filter i have.

Also the TDi Designed airbox adds to the initial roar but i was mighty impressed with the fit and also performance for the price!!

Amazing Amazing value for money! i was happy to assist in its design and construction!

No not you my good sir!!! definately not you! THEY know who they are!

you have been extremely helpful!

ahah! owen has informed me! apology to u :blush:

well what do expect! ;) you did fit it chris

good that its all working ok now Owen :D

And it would seem that those who would have put the blame at my feet might owe me a little apology? maybe not PM'ing behind my back would have been more apropriate..... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I sent the updated kits as requested from TTE. It may be that this was not complete. They have been known to make mistakes (ask besty)

Secondly Chris I did mention to Owen that you had never fitted a supercharger to anyones car (to my knowledge) before so counselled against him using an amateur.

Thirdly Owen now the cars fully operative I look forward to recieving your remittance in the post :winky:

I think that this matter is closed realy and truely, the supercharger is working fully since it was returned to the state that i fitted it.

I feel that there are other reasons why you "advised" against myself fitting it and that would be the comission for using a prolex centre... i cant blame you for this as its all buisiness after all. But it was owens choice.

i gladly flew over to ireland to HELP owen... Didnt see anyone else offering!

I am far from amature, and keep most of my private life and work off these forums.

I have spent many years being my own mechanic on both bikes and cars and am fed up of the "myth" that the supercharger is a difficult instalation. I have fitted and re-fitted my own kit several times over now and had no problems what so ever.

The childish attitudes of this site can realy bore me sometimes.... So please get back to the topic ASAP and prove to new members that we are not a bunch of squabling children.

well what do expect! ;) you did fit it chris

good that its all working ok now Owen :D

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

I expect nothing less of the curtain twitchers from when i do something marcus...

would just be nice to get a more adult response rather than a finger pointing exercise.

I think that this matter is closed realy and truely, the supercharger is working fully since it was returned to the state that i fitted it.

I feel that there are other reasons why you "advised" against myself fitting it and that would be the comission for using a prolex centre... i cant blame you for this as its all buisiness after all. But it was owens choice.

i gladly flew over to ireland to HELP owen... Didnt see anyone else offering!

I am far from amature, and keep most of my private life and work off these forums.

I have spent many years being my own mechanic on both bikes and cars and am fed up of the "myth" that the supercharger is a difficult instalation. I have fitted and re-fitted my own kit several times over now and had no problems what so ever.

The childish attitudes of this site can realy bore me sometimes.... So please get back to the topic ASAP and prove to new members that we are not a bunch of squabling children.

Chris,

My reasons for advising against Owen using you for the install may be best discussed by PM.

However I take exception to you suggesting that my reasons were do do with making more money. Not that its yours or anyone elses business Prolex do not take "commission" from Steve or any other of our agents. We make a commercial margin on the parts and thats the end of it.

Being VAT registered you'll know what a pain such an arrangement would be to keep the VAT man happy.

i think owen should bring his brother to a meet  :D

and let chris loosen his nuts  :lol:

good to see a happy ending   :D

ahhh can we leave my nuts out of this please.

ah ha.....the preverbial brother :lol:

now dont touch owens nuts again :P

cool name !!

think its spelt wrong though :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links