Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eng Light + Flashig Trc Light

GALLA_4

Guys

As you will all know by now I supercharged the car last week. Well today I was driving down the road and when I went to accelerate the engine management light came on and the TRC light was flashing. Pulled over and turned engine off. Started the engine back up again and the lights were still there.

Reset the ECU and lights were still there. Drove back to friends house and we got out scratching our heads wondering what was going on.

Everything looked OK. I was abit worried so I said I would carefully drive the car to Lexus to see if we could pull some errors from the OBDII port. When I got in the car to drive to the garage the lights had all gone. Back to normal!

When I got to the garage they said the last error code generated was

"Throttle Motor Lock Malfunction"

Could this be due to the dodgey original TTE spring that opens and closes butterfly valve getting stuck when I went to accelerate?

TTE are sending me over the new uprated spring for free.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another possiblity mate could be the piggyback ECU could be faulty - if you contact TTE they will send you a replacement - just tell them if you have the black or silver ECU and they will send yo the relevant one :D

The CEL is usually an emissions or a fuelling related error code. Once you fit the replacement spring, diconnect the battery at the -ve terminal and see hoe you go.

Have you been on the dyno to check the fuelling yet?

CEL???

No not had her dyno'd yet. Is it advisable?

During a dyno do they just give you ur max BHP or do they actually tune the car also?

Another possiblity mate could be the piggyback ECU could be faulty - if you contact TTE they will send you a replacement - just tell them if you have the black or silver ECU and they will send yo the relevant one :D

Is the silver ECU better?

I have the black one. I wonder if I told them I had the silver one would they send me out a new one if the silver ones are in fact better?

how long did u disconnect ecu for?

try it for half an hour

just plugged out the relevant fuses for the couple of seconds and popped them back in. The car seems fine now though. I reckon its the spring!

Its nothing to do with the supercharger spring :D re-set the ECU (1min) if the light comes back, take the car to lexus for code error, ask them to clear all codes and if the car still donig it take back again for code error, and go from there :D as Mike says it is usually emission, fuelling or coilpack error's.

try it for half an hour

just plugged out the relevant fuses for the couple of seconds and popped them back in. The car seems fine now though. I reckon its the spring!

Owen - get a dyno sorted bud. This will tell you everything about how your ride is running and what is wrong.

Since I had the decatted manifold and race pipe done, I've had the CEL twice.....under some hard driving. From the dyno I know the fuelling is running too lean so the solution for me is to fit an Emanage and remap the ECU to take account of all that extra power.

Don't panic mate!

Right.

It has nothing to do with dyno's/fuelling/springs.

It is the piggy-back ECU. It happened to me a million times and has happened to other members a billion times.

Reset the ECU (and I mean properly). Then try it once the CEL (Check Engine Light) has cleared. If the problem persists, contact TTE to send you out a replacement. They will do this for free.

There is no point in paying for a silver ECU. The only difference is it holds your revs at a maximum of 6200 to stop your pre-cat burning out.

The piggy-back ECU adjusts all your fuelling. There is really no need to get it dyno'd - I assure you.

try it for half an hour

Owen - get a dyno sorted bud. This will tell you everything about how your ride is running and what is wrong.

Since I had the decatted manifold and race pipe done, I've had the CEL twice.....under some hard driving. From the dyno I know the fuelling is running too lean so the solution for me is to fit an Emanage and remap the ECU to take account of all that extra power.

Don't panic mate!

I was just out in the car again there and took it for a spin. I was in second gear and put the foot down and again the engine CEL light came on and the flashing TRC light also. Its like the engine goes into a safe mode because when this happened and I went to reapply my foot to the pefal there was nothing. It didn't even rev. I turned off the engine left it for a sec and then started her up again. I was able at this point to rev the car againbut the lights were still there. Pulled into driveway and left car for like 10 mins and came back out and started her up again and the lights had cleared.

Just got off the phone to TheDon and we are starting to think its not the spring on the butterfly valve at all but more a fuelling issue with the Piggy back ECU not doing its job! Getting on to TTE right now. Aparently this is quite a common issue with the piggy back ECU. The Piggy back ECU is the only electrical thing that needed to be added during the install, so I am nearly sure its this!!

Right.

It has nothing to do with dyno's/fuelling/springs.

It is the piggy-back ECU.  It happened to me a million times and has happened to other members a billion times.

Reset the ECU (and I mean properly).  Then try it once the CEL (Check Engine Light) has cleared.  If the problem persists, contact TTE to send you out a replacement.  They will do this for free.

There is no point in paying for a silver ECU.  The only difference is it holds your revs at a maximum of 6200 to stop your pre-cat burning out.

The piggy-back ECU adjusts all your fuelling.  There is really no need to get it dyno'd - I assure you.

I hear you Zee! I am of the same opinion! I will email TTE straight away. As this is twice now in the one day!

Guys

As you will all know by now I supercharged the car last week. Well today I was driving down the road and when I went to accelerate the engine management light came on and the TRC light was flashing. Pulled over and turned engine off. Started the engine back up again and the lights were still there.

Reset the ECU and lights were still there. Drove back to friends house and we got out scratching our heads wondering what was going on.

Everything looked OK. I was abit worried so I said I would carefully drive the car to Lexus to see if we could pull some errors from the OBDII port. When I got in the car to drive to the garage the lights had all gone. Back to normal!

When I got to the garage they said the last error code generated was

"Throttle Motor Lock Malfunction"

Could this be due to the dodgey original TTE spring that opens and closes butterfly valve getting stuck when I went to accelerate?

TTE are sending me over the new uprated spring for free.

I enclosed the new spring with the kit owen

it acts as a voltage clamp on the MAP sensor, stopping the fuel mixture being altered.

on the later silver ecu, it also acts to lower the maximum RPM range

Do you think Matt like what Zee was saying above that this is most likely my problem?

i would contact TTE as zee has said, i have the email if you want it.....

its possible that this is the problem, it could also equally be an intallation problem, you really need to make sure firstly that the wires are correctly soldered