Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Dream Is Over

Niraj

scene.JPG

http://local.google.co.uk/maps?ll=51.55311...,0.016879&hl=en

Vehicle A = Insured

Vehicle B = 3rd Party

I was proceeding correctly along ‘Whitton Avenue West’, the main road, in Vehicle A, on Saturday at 08:15, the morning of 12th November 2005.

Vehicle B emerged from side road, ‘Malden Avenue’.

Vehicle B failed to stop & giveway according to road markings on the minor road in which he was travelling.

I promptly applied my brakes to avoid him, but unavoidably collided with his partially emerged vehicle.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they tell you what they meant by "new evidence"? :blink:

Obviously what he admitted to you won't make too much difference (unless you've recorded any of it) but its what he said to his insurance company that I expect may help. I'm guessing he's saying that he pulled out, you were no where in sight, and then drove straight into the back of him? If that was what he told his ins co. then I think they'll side with him, but if he has said one thing and then retracted it, I would do my best to find out what has caused the change

I remember how frustrating it was to have had the car stolen and recovered, repeatedly badly repaired, then smashed into, and finally when you think its all over, the idiot tries to lie his way out....... I know what you must be feeling right now :angry:

Good luck to you, hope you take that guy down :ph34r:

I dont wish to appear unsympathetic - simply impartial.

but - the photos you published of the accident dont match your diagram.

Your digram shows you very much hitting the car on the corner, before the car has left the juntion.

Your photos show your skid marks going past the end of the junction, and the damage to the BMW looks much more like you went into the back of the BMW - not the corner.

And traditionally, if you crash into the back of someone, it considered to be your fault :blush:

It could well be that on reflection, he's thinking that as you went into the back of him - he can go for the "not my fault" angle, especially as it will boil down to his word against yours.

Sorry - I honestly hope this goes well for you - I'm just offering an impartial view of what can be seen

i do agree with your comments Matt, however, if you see the skid marks, the point of impact is where the marks veer quite obviously at an angle to the right...

the diagram shows the point of impact, which was in line with the corner.

The diagram has sharper corners, however reality of the road, shows it to join at a very shallow bend, so there is a bit of confusion there also.

The skid marks from the photos begin inline with the middle of the entrance lane of Malden avenue, which i think is pretty close on the diagram.

What the pictures dont show is that he was travelling at between 5-10mph, and without stopping at the end of his road, he carried on into the main road, hence the reason he was able to place his car infront of mine.

In the process that i was attempting to stop, i had slowed down enough for him to get his car infront of mine, and when the impact happened, i hit his OSR corner :(

At times like this, i wish i had not braked at all, and just driven into his drivers side... because i know if i didn't bother to slow down, i wouldve probably hit his driver door, rather than his rear...

Knowing my luck, the opposing insurance company would try and claim off me, for not doing everything in my power to avoid the collision! :angry:

• 5 weeks later...

So one month on, and i finally have some news.

The pre-accident value of the car i was driving was quoted as £300.

As we know, the BMW driver retracted liability, and tried to blame me, pending investigation of new evidence.

This new evidence failed to appear, or has consequently turned the liability claim around again, and it has been cleared that i was NOT at fault :)

I received a cheque from his insurance company yesterday, to close the case, and they have re-accepted FULL liability :D

SORTED :D

So one month on, and i finally have some news.

The pre-accident value of the car i was driving was quoted as £300.

As we know, the BMW driver retracted liability, and tried to blame me, pending investigation of new evidence.

This new evidence failed to appear, or has consequently turned the liability claim around again, and it has been cleared that i was NOT at fault :)

I received a cheque from his insurance company yesterday, to close the case, and they have re-accepted FULL liability :D

SORTED :D

Good result mate :D bet you're well chuffed to put this to sleep!

Sweet! I'm just down the road from ya mate. Will flash my lights at ya if I see ya on Greenford road!!!

im in kenton dude :D see ya round :D

Looking very nice indeed, nice when there's a happy ending!  :D

Do you have parking sensors in your front bumper? How do they work?

yup, front parking sensors... they work with ignition, and switch off when in reverse, for rear sensors (not fitted yet)... there are 3 settings... haven't figured out all the settings, but they consist of fronts, rears, lcd, beeps...

I'll post some pics of how i installed them, and the LCD panel... also in dash kit blue :winky:

Bet its like the weight of the world off your shoulders now that its gone in your favour..

Interested in the price for the work you have had done?

Seems a nice finish, better in blue though lol!

P.S. The arm rest was harder to fit than i thought.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links