Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Dream Is Over

Niraj

So, my dad parked my car outside my house this evening...

I was watching a bit of TV with my cousin.

The clock strikes 11:00 and a Merc S320 strikes my Lexus! :'(

The S320 ploughed its way through the drivers side door, wing and bumper... knocking the wheels in 2 different directions. My new TTE suspension... destroyed... enjoyed it for 1 month!

The Merc then slides off the road, up the pavement into a neighbours wall, where it now stands at 12:30am. Another neighbour sees 3 lads running away from the car, now abandoned.

A second neighbour rings on my door bell, to let me know of the incident. I am in disbelief, i still can't believe it.

The bonnet no longer opens. The wing is destroyed. The inner top mount of the shock absorber is crumpled, i'm crying like a baby with a dirty nappy... i can't stand the pain. I can't bare to look at it.

Why me?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have pictures for you...

the merc is now being towed away... police truck just arrived

crash_osf.JPG

crash_angle.JPG

crash_mercwall01.JPG

crash_mercwall02.JPG

crash_closeup.JPG

my car is immobile... can't move it... wheels are pointing in different directions... my new suspension is fecked.... :'( :( :'(

I agree with Zee, hopefully theres not too much mechnical damage with the suspension linkages and steering.

Lucky no one was around they could have been killed with flyin cars and rubble!

drunk driver maybe?

the Mercs owners sons, taking it for a quick spin?

there was a bunch of keys in the ignition. When I came out on the road, the car was still on. There was plenty of family things (bags / gifts) on the backseat. Police will be examining the car, to check if it really was stolen or not. I don't know how they will tell, but i'm sure the owner will just report it stolen this morning. (As of last night, the vehicle had not been reported). 9 out of 10 times in these sorts of cases, the innocent pay the price yet again ! :( :crybaby:

thats repairable, the suspension units themself wont be damaged, only the steerring arms

wing is really only bruised, door can be filled,

sorry yo hear this mate,

but i think its not all that bad....hope they catch the idiots

Gutted for you.

Are you fully comp ?

Insurance claim I would say would be a close call to a right off, yet if you were having to pay for it yourself claim through MIB I would say it can be done.

There are plenty of IS's scrapped for parts. I replaced all my osf susp for £250. But you have bodywok on top + your TTE susp.

Good luck m8.

Keep us posted, I am sure we can all look out for stuff for you if needed !

Rich

- actually jut a thought - if the merc was stolen I think their insurance should still pay you - but not 100% sure.

That is soooo crap.  I really feel for you Niraj - hope justice prevails, but the law is quite an arse when it comes to young offenders UNFORTUNATELY :angry:

Tell your insurance company you want the IS250 as a courtesy car if yours can be repaired. :winky:

where does the law stand on claiming off the mercs insurance ahmet come on down

That is soooo crap.   I really feel for you Niraj - hope justice prevails, but the law is quite an arse when it comes to young offenders UNFORTUNATELY :angry:

Tell your insurance company you want the IS250 as a courtesy car if yours can be repaired. :winky:

where does the law stand on claiming off the mercs insurance ahmet come on down

I don't think he can make like a "straight" claim of the owner's insurance as it's the driver that's insured and not the car. Although there is such a thing as criminal compensation (I think). But (I'm only guessing) Niraj will have to claim off his own insurance first, and then put the claim in for the "criminal compensation" which I'd presume will take ages.

Got a few more pics, if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately, none of our drivers are available today to tow my car to the workshop, so it lies in situ, where it was struck last night.

v3_01.jpg

v3_02.jpg

v3_03.jpg

v3_04.jpg

This is the wall that belonged to my neighbour, now destroyed, the rubble still lays on the side of the car. They are vacationing in Vegas, don't know when they will be back, i'm sure there is more heartbreak to follow.

v3_05.jpg

The passenger side wheel, note it's angle in comparison to the drivers side wheel.

(The steering wheel is perfectly straight) I think the car was pushed against the kerb and damaged both arms, or steering rack.

v3_06.jpg

:crybaby: