Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I finally succumbed and bought one this morning. Perhaps I rushed into it...£1250, 134K miles, white, FSH (though I think the stamps look remarkably fresh and the writing in the book too consistent!) blah blah blah.

I posted a question on the 'Audio' section of the forum, but in case you don't read it, I'll put it here as well and perhaps someone could help me out:

Hi

I've just purchased my first Lexus - a K-Reg LS400. It's not flash, but should get me around for a short while at least. The stereo is not working, with 'HELP' printed on the display. I don't have the original radio code, but the guy I bought it from gave me a sheet which has some instructions on it (on top of the owners handbook).

It says:

1) 1,4,6 Power button

2) Display 'Dealer' (I can't get this step to show anything other than 'SEC'

3) Tune up +1

4) Enter 597

5) Tune Down +1

6) Enter 468

7) Press Ti or SDK (I can't find an 'SDK' button)

There are some further numbers on the sheet:

248 or 284

(then, in a box: 248 and 448)

---

SDK

I'm quite mystefied and keep getting 'err' messages when I try these numbers. Is there a quick solution? He told me the radio was dead b/c a new Battery was recently fitted...

Lovely drive though. A radio would certainly break the silence!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

CHRIS

Neither the IS or GS that ive owned needed a code for the radio, not sure about he LS's tho, have you checked the fuse's? perhaps the radio is getting the ignition power but not the fixed 12v power? could be something simple like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just have to tell you that my non-working stereo problems have been sorted. Lexus in Bromley fixed it for NOTHING!!! Can't speak highly of the level of service there and to have put it right for free (along with 2 coffees while I waited) was a big surprise. And you're right - the stereo was indeed worth fixing.

Have travelled some 2000miles in 'Lionel' since I bought him without a hitch. I don't want to sell it but a friend is giving me his B** 325i and I can't afford to keep them both. 'Keep the Lexus' I hear you saying...

Hi All,

Just have to tell you that my non-working stereo problems have been sorted. Lexus in Bromley fixed it for NOTHING!!! Can't speak highly of the level of service there and to have put it right for free (along with 2 coffees while I waited) was a big surprise. And you're right - the stereo was indeed worth fixing.

Have travelled some 2000miles in 'Lionel' since I bought him without a hitch. I don't want to sell it but a friend is giving me his B** 325i and I can't afford to keep them both. 'Keep the Lexus' I hear you saying...

Sell the BMW!!! And I know! Idid ...and got my LS 400. Now I can't imagine driving anything else (except my Nissan S-Cargo....) :driving:

Hi All,

If you enjoy driving the LS400, keep it. The 325i and the LS400 are like chalk and cheese. Why go back to cotton, when you've had silk? B)