Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Blew My Engine!

SpOcK

Bad news spOck, I hope you will get it sorted soon

If I'd like to be street legal for Austria..... I would have to rebuild it back to a 155HP IS200 N/A with stock filter. :crybaby:

Same thing for me in France :(

• 5 weeks later...

The engine's now been taken out of the engine bay and disassembled. Here are a few pictures (sorry for the quality, mobilephone cam...):

Engine with valve cover removed:

valve_cover_removed.jpg

Some of the removed stuff in a box (intake manifold, throttle body, fuel rail...):

removed_stuff.jpg

Draining the oil before taking the oil sump out:

draining_oil.jpg

The hole in the block (due to snapped rod): :sick:

hole_in_block.jpg

That :tsktsk: snapped rod:

snapped_rod.jpg

Everything disassembled:

disassembled.jpg

• 3 months later...

BACK IN BUSINESS! :) Well, sort of... :yawn:

Today I FINALLY got my new pistons! I ordered them late November, and it was supposed to take 4-5 weeks, instead the delivery turned out to be 4,5 months! :tsktsk:

They were made to order by Ross Racing Pistons USA. Quality seems superb and they came with unique 4 page measurements report. All pistons weigh within 0,8 grams from each other, so the tolerance is about 0,3%.

Conrods (of which I've posted earlier) were also made to order locally here in Finland, and they weigh within 0,4 grams from each other, making the tolerance only mere 0,007%!!! :blink: Quite impressive.

Combining lighter rod with a heavier piston and pin in different combinations, I was able to make every rod+pin+piston combination within 0,3 grams from each other. Quite good given that original rods alone can weigh as much as 10g's from each other.

Before I hear someone yell "TTIWWP", here are some pics of my beauties:

The box:

IMG_4080.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG

The contents with rings and pin locks:

IMG_4083.JPG

IMG_4086.JPG

The inside:

IMG_4087.JPG

The whole sixtet:

IMG_4088.JPG

IMG_4089.JPG

Check out that beauty: B)

IMG_4090.JPG

Kinda hard to tell the original from the new ones...

IMG_4091.JPG

so when is the install mate

As soon as I get the new block (thanks Matt and Dave) dismantled. Then I'll take the block to the workshop to be overbored (new pistons are 0,5mm over-sized) and honed. After the pistons fit the block I'll put it back together and under the bonnet it goes... :)

What is the difference in weight between oem and new rods? And compared together with the pistons?

Haven't weighed the pistons against the OEM, but rods are ~100g heavier than the OEM. Someone might say that's heavy, but I don't mind cause I know that these rods will take over 200hp/rod (that's 1200hp in total), whereas the OEM wouldn't even take 50hp... B)

Looking very nice mate....... :D How much did the "pistons" cost you :whistling: as i will be doing this, before the end of the year :winky:

You've a PM.

Cracking stuff Spock. I have just turned green all over.

I would also be interested in the cost of these pistons and rods as I am looking at a rebuild soon my self.

Hope you get it back up and running asap so we can see the potential of the rebuild!!!

Looking very nice mate....... :D How much did the "pistons" cost you :whistling: as i will be doing this, before the end of the year :winky:

May I ask how much the conrods and pistons cost you also? As I'm going down this route soon also

May I ask how much the conrods and pistons cost you also? As I'm going down this route soon also

Rods ~1200€ (handmade in Finland with a 0.007% tolerance)

Pistons ~1200€ (incl. rings and pins)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links