Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of A New Car (not A Lexus Owner)

p1tse

hi all,

i'm just browsing for a new and different motor.

currently a toyota celica 190 owner (for over 3 years), but craving for a bit more speed and torque!

ones on the list are impreza wrx, but bit brash and i do like refinement, but the speed is a bonus (however other half don't like them too).

225 audi tt, ( i know many don't like, but i quite like them) easy chip to 260+bhp and torque similar.

some of the hot hatches out there, punch some power but want something different though.

hence the thought of the lexus is200, but have seen supercharged ones (forsale), but would require more info on these.

have seen they are a touch over 200bhp, but not sure on torque lb/ft.

also how does it compare against other cars, like the is300, altezza and which bmw 3 series performance would it compare against?

also mpg? only other factor is it's a major mod and insurance is going to sting i think.

any and all comments welcome.

thanks

Welcome fellow Bristol man. :D

I think you'll find a big difference between the Celica and the IS200 in performance (the Celica being quicker). I'm not sure on the difference between the standard IS200, and the Super-Charged ones but someone will be along in a minute to let you know no doubt.

It is a fairly good time to buy though at the mo, as you can probably tell from people's previous messages about the drop in the value of their cars.

Oh yeah, mpg is not one of the IS's best points - you're probably talking around 25mpg's on an average drive. But it is worth the extra pennies.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links