Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:crybaby: I just got a new GS300 with the Mark Levinson audio system. It sounds magnificent but I was disappointed that Lexus didn't go for an IPOD or other MP3 connection like they did in the new IS (the GS probably just missed out in the development cycle). It only has a 6 cd changer too rather than the 12 I was used to in my old GS Sport (why is that Lexus?). Before I mess around with FM transmitters and cassette adaptors (I ain't goin back to analogue!) has anyone got any suggestions? There must be some fibre optic engineers out there who can tell me how to get my entire music collection in the car? Other than this - the car's fab.

I have a ipod unit in my GS430.

I shall be launching a group buy on these very soon.

Ipod hidden in the glovebox (hanging out for illustration purposes only - it fits much better than that)

43600019_G_001.sized.jpg

Uses MD emulation to display song, playlist, artist and album information on the OEM screen.

43600017_G_005.sized.jpg

43600011_G_005.sized.jpg

the unit integrates flawlessly into the standard Lexus stereo. The ipod can be controlled using the touch screen, or the steering wheel controls.

I love it - it is a fantastic unit. Utterly stealth - there is no sign of the ipod anywhere, and you control it just like you would any other audio device.

Now that looks interesting :) will it work with the older CD based nav? and what kind of price??

yes - it works with the older nav Brett.

Prices are not set yet - still talking to the supplier. Will be the usual deal I expect - the more people sign up, the cheaper they will be ran.

It will also be available on LOCUS - so hopefully we get quite a few signups, and drive the price down B)

This is exactly the solution I want - but Lexus Milton Keynes just shrug their shoulders!

keep your eyes on the fourm next week then ;)

very easy to fit, simply plugs into the back of the stereo - and does exactly what it says on the tin - lets you play your ipod through the OEM stereo. Complete with track details on the OEM screen.

very, very cool B)

Matt will the group buy include the video input models as well?

would imagine it will depend on numbers mate

You gonna be offering this for IS pilots Matt?

Does the iPOD battery get fried being constantly connected?

I believe this will work with any Lexus - and will be a LOC group buy, drivers of any model will be eligible.

The ipod is only on when the car is on - I've certainly had no issues with this, and its been in the car a good few months.

Would this work on an IS with satnav? I can't remember properly but I think you couldn't get the Lexus MD changer for a car with satnav  :crybaby:

I wonder if that is just a mounting or wiring issue. The headunit is the same so MD emulation should still work.

I'd be interested to join in if the price is right... Is this the AIC-100i device?

the unit supports MD and CD Test emulation, so if MD emulation is not an option, then you will have to use CD Text

I have a GS430 from 2001 with the normal (Lexus Premium) sound system - how would I know if mine supports the MD emulation?

Cheers,

Jeroen

How are you finding the hands free / bluetooth system?

I am using a 6310i and the reception is not up to much.

Can anyone advise of the best combination?

Is it worth me having a cradle and hardwire connection installed.

I have a 6230i and Bluetooth works fine. The only pain is that you have to transfer your phone book contacts one at a time, but its just a one off exercise.

I have a ipod unit in my GS430.

I shall be launching a group buy on these very soon.

Ipod hidden in the glovebox (hanging out for illustration purposes only - it fits much better than that)

43600019_G_001.sized.jpg

Uses MD emulation to display song, playlist, artist and album information on the OEM screen.

43600017_G_005.sized.jpg

43600011_G_005.sized.jpg

the unit integrates flawlessly into the standard Lexus stereo. The ipod can be controlled using the touch screen, or the steering wheel controls.

I love it - it is a fantastic unit. Utterly stealth - there is no sign of the ipod anywhere, and you control it just like you would any other audio device.

Wow, that looks really cool..As i am in Brunei. Is it gonna be available everywhere?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links