Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Dreaded Err3 Error On Cd Player

Went to add some CD's today only to get the famous ERR3 error on the player. (out of warrenty)

I have had this before and have always managed to finally eject the CD's, but not today, seem locked up for good. Checked the forums for the tricks to fix this and found generally people seem to give up and get a huge bill from lexus.

I tried the suggested fix of removing the fuse to reset the unit, No joy. So then tried second fix I had read on one of the forums, basically just carefully insert another CD into the slot, but only about 1 to 2 inches of the disk and keep jiggling the disk around and pressing the eject button. Well what do you know it worked, all 6 CD's popped out, reloaded disks again and all well.

:D

• 4 weeks later...
Went to add some CD's today only to get the famous ERR3 error on the player. (out of warrenty)

I have had this before and have always managed to finally eject the CD's, but not today, seem locked up for good. Checked the forums for the tricks to fix this and found generally people seem to give up and get a huge bill from lexus.

I tried the suggested fix of removing the fuse to reset the unit, No joy. So then tried second fix I had read on one of the forums, basically just carefully insert another CD into the slot, but only about 1 to 2 inches of the disk and keep jiggling the disk around and pressing the eject button. Well what do you know it worked, all 6 CD's popped out, reloaded disks again and all well.

:D

Me too, got the err3 message and locked-up symptoms today after playing up for a while, also out of warranty.

I'm going outside, I may be gone for some time... :geek:

<brushes imaginary snow from shoulders>. Well, after much jiggling and wiggling and eject-pressing... nothing. Just the gentle whine of a small electric motor to accompany my curses and thumps and wiggles and jiggles. Anyone else got any bright ideas, short of handing over the car to Lexus in payment for them fixing it? It's a V reg 1999 so well & truly out of warranty I'm afraid.. :angry:

PS - tried the fuse trick as well, no joy

Hi, I think I gave that 2nd tip about inserting another CD. It used to work all the time but now seems well and truely blocked, cant wedge anything into it this time, (it must be learning! :P). Mine is a 99 reg too, so way out of warranty but cant bring myself to part with 350 quid to get it fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I think I gave that 2nd tip about inserting another CD. It used to work all the time but now seems well and truely blocked, cant wedge anything into it this time, (it must be learning! :P). Mine is a 99 reg too, so way out of warranty but cant bring myself to part with 350 quid to get it fixed.

Just got my IS200 Sport and add me to the list of broken players. :shutit:

• 2 weeks later...
Mines gone again and can't seem to get it to spit out so I've started to strip it down. anyone down this? and if so any tips???

Thanks

Yes, i stripped mine down last week after it went pop. Unfortunatly there were many broken parts inside so it's well and truley stuffed!

It is dead easy to get into the changer mechanisum, just get the unit out of the car and there are two screws to pop the top plate off and you will see the changer mechanisum.

cheers for the reply but mines the bottom loading cd player type so I have to take it fully apart. Had it apart breifly the other day but that was at someone else house who didn't really have all the correct tools. Will be attempting it this week sometime. Fingers crossed

• 1 month later...
Hey!!!........MY Jammed cd suddenly popped out. :hehe: No more dreaded Err3. This time i am only loading one cd at a time. Wish me luck.......

trinilex............. :ph34r:

Trinilex, does that mean it's been stuck for 3 months ?

Took mine back to Lexus on Tuesday, going to take 2 weeks to fix !!! :crybaby:

Two weeks without a radio, plus can't even take listen to the lady navigator as the satnav gone aswell :tsktsk:

just a quick question, i got my cd player out after i had the err3 message. I took out the other cds, now I put it back in and it doesnt have any power. Does anyone have any suggestions. Also, if my player is out, what are some stereos that will fit the is300, i was on a few websites, and it seems not many fit the is300. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

There was a cd in the player for about 3 months then suddenly it popped out. The screen showed that 6 cd's were inside. I pressed eject untill the cd in indicator was cleared and popped in another cd.

It has been working fine ever since. ..........:huh:

You can get a dash kit which allows you to install a radio/cd to fit. I found a kit @ www.autotoys.com

Do a search on the topic. Its been discussed here so many times......... :duh:

Trinilex........... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been a window shopper in on this site for a few months and decided to joint recently.

For my initiation I have been given the "ERR3" sign by my car! :angry:

I will be trying the "Will Smith gettin' giggi wid it" technique soon... and will let you know how I get on.

I recall I had this error some time ago, but it sorted itself out after 24 hour period of sulking by the car. But this time it is persisting!!!

Ket

my advice would be to avoid the rough treatment and get someone who has striped one down before to take it apart for you If your not confident. This way you'll avoid causing any more damage to the innards and may just get all the cd's out and it'll work fine again.

I wish I had taken my apart rather than poke cd's in and out and bang the side of it.

I'm now thinking because it doesn't even try to load that maybe the motor for the winding mechanism is burnt out. When I get some free time I'll take it out and test it. Everything else in mine is fine apart from a small little plastic piece from a sleeve that doesn't appear to serve a purpose. If any one has another err3 player that they don't want (bottom loading cd) that they would like to donate to my research and If I find the solution, I will fix them for free

my advice would be to avoid the rough treatment and get someone who has striped one down before to take it apart for you If your not confident. This way you'll avoid causing any more damage to the innards and may just get all the cd's out and it'll work fine again.

I wish I had taken my apart rather than poke cd's in and out and bang the side of it.

I'm now thinking because it doesn't even try to load that maybe the motor for the winding mechanism is burnt out. When I get some free time I'll take it out and test it. Everything else in mine is fine apart from a small little plastic piece from a sleeve that doesn't appear to serve a purpose. If any one has another err3 player that they don't want (bottom loading cd) that they would like to donate to my research and If I find the solution, I will fix them for free

Hello folks,

I tried the giggling and wiggling for a short while and quickly realised it was not getting me anywhere... I too thought I might be doing more harm than good! Damn situation is so frustrating. :tsktsk:

Is there anyone close to London who can help me take it apart? I too have a bottom loading CD player.

If I can get it apart to get the CDs out... I may have to buy a new unit... don't really want to go down that road!!!

Ketan

Its gone again, played good for a couple weeks after inserting a cd in, there was a whizzing sound and >>>>>>>.ERR3..... :crying:

I have just about had it with this player. I am going and buy a face plate and install a blaupunkt cd player I have. I will miss the orange glow in the night but THAT'S IT!

trinilex .....................:driving:

Hi Jim,

I have the usual Err3 message and whining motor. I decided to try and take the CD player out of the dash today. I lifted out the lower plastic cowl and found the bottom 2 10mm hex head bolts, but there must be 2 at the top holding it all together. Tried to gently pull out the top felt cover on the dash but didnt want to use any screw drivers and cause any damage. Do you have any ideas on how to get at the tops mounts?

Regards,

John