Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Dreaded Err3 Error On Cd Player

Went to add some CD's today only to get the famous ERR3 error on the player. (out of warrenty)

I have had this before and have always managed to finally eject the CD's, but not today, seem locked up for good. Checked the forums for the tricks to fix this and found generally people seem to give up and get a huge bill from lexus.

I tried the suggested fix of removing the fuse to reset the unit, No joy. So then tried second fix I had read on one of the forums, basically just carefully insert another CD into the slot, but only about 1 to 2 inches of the disk and keep jiggling the disk around and pressing the eject button. Well what do you know it worked, all 6 CD's popped out, reloaded disks again and all well.

:D

icier @ 28/06/06

Many thanks for this Mike. Encountered ERR3 on 2000 Reg IS200 yesterday. Contacted Lexus today to check - out of warranty (5 years for audio). Estimated cost for repair - average of 400 quid.

:D So tried your option (with backup of installing a new unit). Hey presto! :D :D Worked a treat.

Managed to release the disks, unload and reload / play others. Whether it is a long term fix - we will see.

Thanks again

Went to add some CD's today only to get the famous ERR3 error on the player. (out of warrenty)

I have had this before and have always managed to finally eject the CD's, but not today, seem locked up for good. Checked the forums for the tricks to fix this and found generally people seem to give up and get a huge bill from lexus.

I tried the suggested fix of removing the fuse to reset the unit, No joy. So then tried second fix I had read on one of the forums, basically just carefully insert another CD into the slot, but only about 1 to 2 inches of the disk and keep jiggling the disk around and pressing the eject button. Well what do you know it worked, all 6 CD's popped out, reloaded disks again and all well.

icier @ 28/06/06

Many thanks for this Mike. Encountered ERR3 on 2000 Reg IS200 yesterday. Contacted Lexus today to check - out of warranty (5 years for audio). Estimated cost for repair - average of 400 quid.

:D So tried your option (with backup of installing a new unit). Hey presto! :D :D Worked a treat.

Managed to release the disks, unload and reload / play others. Whether it is a long term fix - we will see.

Thanks again

I hate this issue - I have enjoyed owning my IS200 Sport since new '99 but my second bottom loading CD unit has blown and its obviously WELL out of warranty. I think Lexus have been well shabby in not sorting these out permanently, as its more than common. This problem is almost endemic. In no other industry would you get away with selling dodgy merchandise and then charging the earth to replace it.

Seriously unhappy. :tsktsk:

• 3 years later...

Thanks Mike, that worked a treat. Got another CD and within a few minutes I had the CDs popping out. That has saved me so much potential hassle. Thanks a million!!

• 7 months later...

There was a cd in the player for about 3 months then suddenly it popped out. The screen showed that 6 cd's were inside. I pressed eject untill the cd in indicator was cleared and popped in another cd.

It has been working fine ever since. ..........:huh:

You can get a dash kit which allows you to install a radio/cd to fit. I found a kit @ www.autotoys.com

Do a search on the topic. Its been discussed here so many times......... :duh:

Trinilex........... :ph34r:

Could you send me a link for dash kit? I had a look on the site and all I could find was IS300 kits. Could I possibly use one of them?

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links