Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus In Australia

Crispy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up my new IS250 Sport Luxury from Lexus of Chatswood here in Sydney on Christmas Eve.  I've been having good fun breaking it in so far and tomorrow I'll crack 1000km.  I've driven from Sydney to Jindabyne, over to Thredbo and tomorrow will head back with a stopover in Canberra.

What can be done at Jindabyne at this time of the year without snow ? Any interesting thing down the snowy mountain on december/January ?

Jindabyne and the whole Snowy Mountains area is trying to become like an Aussie version of Whistler or Lake Louise in Canada and be a plyground all year round. We went swimming, drove around some of the towns, went on the Snowy Scheme tour, etc. They have alot of fishing and caves there that are good fun. If you are into cycling and bush walking then its one of the best places in Australia. We went because with a two year old, six hours is about the max he can sit in a car without becoming a royal pain and we wanted to take the new IS250 for a run.

On to my previous question about voice automation in the Aussie version of the IS250. I spoke to my dealer briefly yesterday and none of those voice activation features (outside of name tags for the phone) work are available in any version of the Aussie IS250. I'm pretty disappointed and don't understand why. Considering that if you buy the IS250 Sports Luxury like I did, you're paying damn near $85k which is like thiry-six thousand pounds for our UK friends, you'd expect all of the features people overseas get.

Another IS250 will be joining the growing band in Melbourne at the end of Feb. Just placed an order with Lexus of Brighton for a Silver/Black IS250 Sport Luxury. Hopefully to be delivered on 24-Feb-06. Can't wait.

Grats Tony. Hope you enjoy your new wheels :)

On to my previous question about voice automation in the Aussie version of the IS250.  I spoke to my dealer briefly yesterday and none of those voice activation features (outside of name tags for the phone) work are available in any version of the Aussie IS250.  I'm pretty disappointed and don't understand why.  Considering that if you buy the IS250 Sports Luxury like I did, you're paying damn near $85k which is like thiry-six thousand pounds for our UK friends, you'd expect all of the features people overseas get.

I take delivery of a Sport Luxury at end Feb and am also disappointed to hear about the limited voice activation. This may be a software issue with Lexus not prepared to put the effort into the AU market. Well, once we have identified any shortcomings, let's put pressure on Lexus to bring AU cars up to standard. Who knows, a few of us may be able to pilot new versions of the software - stationary of course :shifty:

I didn't do a great deal but am still happy that I went with Lexus of Brighton. A really prof organisation.
Hi Tony, which salesman did you get at Brighton?

I haven't placed my order yet, I am waiting for a answers to questions I have asked (one of them is about voice commands).

They are very flash, but I am still going to check out Melbourne City Lexus.

Cheers,

George.

Hi Tony, which salesman did you get at Brighton?

I haven't placed my order yet, I am waiting for a answers to questions I have asked (one of them is about voice commands).

They are very flash, but I am still going to check out Melbourne City Lexus.

Cheers,

George.

Sean Kershaw was the salesman and I also dealt with Payam Nash the Sales Manager. Payam has recently moved from Sydney to Melbourne, so that makes him a good guy already B)

Hi All,

I've just placed an order for a IS250 Prestige in Crystal Mist (also known as Glacier Frost Mica) with black interior. Went for the Moonroof option and also chose the Auto tranny.

TonyDownUnder grats on your silver IS250 Sports. I'm expecting to take delivery around the same period as you are too! Can't wait! :D

Just waiting on confirmation from the dealer for exact date.

Hi All,

I've just placed an order for a IS250 Prestige in Crystal Mist (also known as Glacier Frost Mica) with black interior. Went for the Moonroof option and also chose the Auto tranny.

Congrats and where did you place the order?

Believe it or not, I am slightly :sick: with envy. My first choice was Crystal Mist. But my wife and son and daughter who is visiting from Sydney, all convinced me that Silver/Black was better. I already have a silver car. so wanted a change. The Crystal Mist is a bit like a chameleon, it changes colour. I expect you saw the CM one on show at Melbourne City Lexus. I think the pink lighting which made the car look purple may have influenced my family.

OK, now that is off my chest, I can't wait to get mine in fact I think I would accept bile yellow if I could get my hands on one today :P.

I have also splashed out on Euro Plates. Selecting VIS251 because VIS250 had gone. I prefer the euro plates because they cover the ruddy great black plate holder that is fixed to the front bumper. The standard plates don't cover it and it stands out like a dog's :tsktsk: on a light coloured car.

Thanks TonyDownunder...

I placed the order at Melbourne City Lexus although I visited Brighton first. MCL gave me a better deal and I do live closer to this dealer than Brighton. But i guess you get a free lifetime wash with your car. :)

Yes I read a previous thread where you mentioned that you wanted the Cyrstal Mist color. I think its a beautiful color and yeah depending on lighting and angle you look at the paint work, its a different color. Silver is also a nice color too but I also too currently own a Silver colored car (Honda) and I wanted to get a different color.

I really wanted the 18' rims but couldnt affoard the Sports model so I guess aftermarket 17's for me as I'm not too sure how aftermarket springs will affect the ride quality if i choose 18's. As i'm aware the Sports model has a 14mm drop.

OK, now that is off my chest, I can't wait to get mine in fact I think I would accept bile yellow if I could get my hands on one today tongue.gif.

LOL, all good things are worth waiting for my friend..

Ooohhh Euro Plates...nice. WoW VIS250 is already taken? Sorry to hear it dude.

What does the standard plates look like? Like Crispy's or Nights ride?

Ooohhh Euro Plates...nice. WoW VIS250 is already taken? Sorry to hear it dude.

What does the standard plates look like? Like Crispy's or Nights ride?

It is an extra cost but it may be worth considering euro plates for your new baby. They cost $395.00 for next number allocated by Vic Roads or $695.00 to choose two letters and three numbers. All euro plates in Victoria start with "V".

The IS250 is so well specified that this is the only "Mod" that I will probably do, plus sign up for Gold Membership of this forum :lol:.

Firstly I think the euro style looks much better than the standard "Victoria - The Place To Be" ones and secondly, being 520mm wide they fully cover the black plastic plateholder on the front bumper. You can check them out at Vic Euro Plates and build what you want online. If the number is not taken (try IS350) you get a large image of how the plate will look and the option to purchase. If the number is already taken (try IS250) you get Doh!. The programmer must be a Homer Simpson fan :P. If only some of the suburban vic roads where as good as the website. :angry:

Thanks for the tip Robin H.

Here are some pictures.  You will notice some colour variation depending on my camera skills.  Strangely enough, in the flesh, the car shows a similar variation in colour depending on light strength.

dsc01252a0bt.jpg

dsc01250a9wj.jpg

dsc01253a2ar.jpg

dsc01254a2tw.jpg

dsc01256a2lr.jpg

Nice motor! When I thought of the colour gold I was thinking its a bit gordy. But it looks really nice. Good choice :D

Picked up my Dark blue mica IS250 sports with sat,nav and ml audio

a blast to drive you are in a different world inside the cabin great at night with your cd blasting away the lights in the cabin are incredible your in another league above the IS300 which i owned for 2 years love those huge 18'' wheels true a proper lexus:driving: :driving: :P :P

Great to see all the new Aussie IS250s. It's one step towards separating misguided Aussies and their love affair with 4 cylinder Beemers :D Hope to see you all out on the roads!

Btw, I dealt with Payam and Matthew Foulds at Lexus of Brighton. Both were very professional.

Picked up my Dark blue mica IS250 sports with sat,nav and ml audio

a blast to drive you are in a different world inside the cabin great at night with your cd blasting away the lights in the cabin are incredible your in another league above the IS300 which i owned for 2 years love those huge 18'' wheels true a proper lexus:driving:

GRATS on your new ride!! Dark Blue is a very nice color...

Can i ask how long u waited for it?

Post some pics man... :D

Took 2 months to arrive, week and half early,have to watch front end bumper the sport in very low to the ground compared to my late IS300.

I am absolutely destroying the underside of the front end bumper on my Sport Luxury. It is just way too low. Every day driving out of our lot at work I grind the road. I've tried a heap of different angles. Very frustating. Mind you, the car is fab, so I'll let it go. :D

I am absolutely destroying the underside of the front end bumper on my Sport Luxury. It is just way too low. Every day driving out of our lot at work I grind the road. I've tried a heap of different angles. Very frustating. Mind you, the car is fab, so I'll let it go. :D

Prolong hitting the front end bumper will harm the car due to shocking. If you're willing to spend couple hundred of dollars that would solve the problem. Just put two piece of metal over the curves. Call Oxycut on 9757 3833 for a custom make. A thickness of 8 - 12mm would be fine.

Best IS250 deal in Australia?

Hi all,

I have visited and read many of the informative posts with interest, I see there are many people who love their new IS 250. I live in Sydney and I have not see too many on the road ( I have seen about 5 in 2 mths), and my eyes light up whenever I spot a new IS250.

I am serious about a purchase shortly (in the next month) and wonder if those of you who have already purchased would like to share if you got a good deal on the car. Maybe just an indication of the discounts a dealer would give on such a new car, and if the dealer offered any resistence.

thanks in advance

Bob

Ps: I have also posted this topic in the LOC Australia, but I hear the LOC UK forum is much more popular.

I am serious about a purchase shortly (in the next month) and wonder if those of you who have already purchased would like to share if you got a good deal on the car. Maybe just an indication of the discounts a dealer would give on such a new car, and if the dealer offered any resistence.

thanks in advance

Bob

Ps: I have also posted this topic in the LOC Australia, but I hear the LOC UK forum is much more popular.

I ordered an IS250 Sports Luxury on 4-Jan, for delivery on 24-Feb. The dealer, Lexus of Brighton, was prepared to do a good deal on the IS250 Sports (S), not quite so good on the IS250 Prestige (P) and not good at all on the IS250 Sports Luxury (SL).

According to the dealer, the P is the biggest seller closely followed by the SL. The S is hardest to move according to them. But that may be sales talk to make me feel better about the ordinary deal I did. I have spoken to the sales rep a couple of times since and he is selling at least 1-2 IS250s per day. So it sounds like a seller's market at present.

I have seen two different IS250s on the road this week, so they are getting out and about in Melbourne. I am hopefully driving to Sydney in the new baby in April for a week, so if you see a Silver IS250 with Vic Plate " V IS 251" that's me.

Good luck with the purchase. BTW, what are you driving now, I am in a 5yo Volvo S60 2.4T.

thanks in advance

Bob

I ordered an IS250 Sports Luxury on 4-Jan, for delivery on 24-Feb. The dealer, Lexus of Brighton, was prepared to do a good deal on the IS250 Sports (S), not quite so good on the IS250 Prestige (P) and not good at all on the IS250 Sports Luxury (SL).

According to the dealer, the P is the biggest seller closely followed by the SL. The S is hardest to move according to them. But that may be sales talk to make me feel better about the ordinary deal I did. I have spoken to the sales rep a couple of times since and he is selling at least 1-2 IS250s per day. So it sounds like a seller's market at present.

I have seen two different IS250s on the road this week, so they are getting out and about in Melbourne. I am hopefully driving to Sydney in the new baby in April for a week, so if you see a Silver IS250 with Vic Plate " V IS 251" that's me.

Good luck with the purchase. BTW, what are you driving now, I am in a 5yo Volvo S60 2.4T.

Thanks TonyDownunder, currently driving a 4 year old Holden Astra and it is starting to show signs of 'oldness'. Did you trade in your Volvo or are you selling it privately?

I will be sure to keep an eye open for the V IS 251 plate. Silver is my second fav colour, with black and black interior currently at the top.

The Prestige is the one I am looking at. Did the dealer give you an overnight test drive option. I will see if anyone in Sydney will offer it as I think it will give a good feel for the car. Also do you or do you know anyone who needs to fit a mountain bike into the car, I haven't seen any good bike racks (rear mounted), and I hear you need to cut a hole in the rear bumper to fit a tow bar (wonder if it will look any good).

Cheers

Thanks TonyDownunder, currently driving a 4 year old Holden Astra and it is starting to show signs of 'oldness'. Did you trade in your Volvo or are you selling it privately?

I will be sure to keep an eye open for the V IS 251 plate. Silver is my second fav colour, with black and black interior currently at the top.

The Prestige is the one I am looking at. Did the dealer give you an overnight test drive option. I will see if anyone in Sydney will offer it as I think it will give a good feel for the car. Also do you or do you know anyone who needs to fit a mountain bike into the car, I haven't seen any good bike racks (rear mounted), and I hear you need to cut a hole in the rear bumper to fit a tow bar (wonder if it will look any good).

Cheers

The Holden Astra is a great car. My son has one with manual, I love driving it.

I traded the Volvo because it needs quite a bit of bodywork and the driver's seat has a rip. The trade-in was as is, so I thought it better to take the lower trade-in than spend the money getting it fit for sale. I didn't fancy all the bargaining that would have come from supermarket trolley dents in the doors and miscellaneous chips and scratches.

I promise all LOC members that I will look after the IS250 better. The dealer offers Car Wash for Life, so that is a good start on my New Car's Resolution :winky:

W00t !!!

Just picked up my IS250 Sports with Enhancement pack from Brighton Lexus.

Silver with Black interior and man can I say I am totally wrapped with this car :)

The only thing is the hassle of not being able to use all of the features of the DVD player and satnav/phone while the car is moving above 8ks.

Does anyone know if the system can be "tweaked" to provide a "richer" set of functionality?

Cheers

Ken