Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus In Australia

Crispy

The tinting would be dealer fitted, (not factory).

Did anyone consider the extended warranty, I think it is an extra 3 years for about $1800. Not sure if it gets transferred if the car is sold.

The extended warranty is transferrable to second owner by completing a form and send it to Lexus Australia. It's always wise to have the extended warranty as it keeps the value of your car at the time of sale.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys! Good to find fellow Aussies with their IS250's on here!!

I picked my IS250 Sports+Enhancement Pack a few weeks ago and man am I lovin it!!

Thought I'd share some pix with you guys so you can see that you don't have to go with the standard wheels they offer...I bought my IS250 from Kevin @ Lexus Chatswood, NSW. They had non-standard rims/wheels on another Lexus in the showroom....I just HAD to have them on my baby! Gotta admit, it really sets it off...what do you guys think?

I've come across some hidden 'Easter Eggs' for the IS250...such as being able to use the Sat Nav while driving & adjusting the Bluetooth microphone volume...If anyone's interested in knowing how to get into these options, let me know...more than happy to share what I've come across.

Happy driving!

Cheers,

Edsters

018xo.th.jpg024el.th.jpg031ly.th.jpg

We had an IS250 attend a Motorkhana here in Sydney recently. Everything you may have heard about the handling being best of breed is true - despite the lack of a functional handbrake, and a driver who was attending his first motorkhana, the results were exceptional. Excellent balance, excellent braking, good initial throttle.

I picked my IS250 Sports+Enhancement Pack a few weeks ago and man am I lovin it!!

I've come across some hidden 'Easter Eggs' for the IS250...such as being able to use the Sat Nav while driving & adjusting the bluetooth microphone volume...If anyone's interested in knowing how to get into these options, let me know...more than happy to share what I've come across.

Your IS250 looks great, especilly the wheels - well done. I am over 50, so will stick with 17" ones that come standard with my IS250 Sport Luxury due on 3/Mar. The softer ride is better for my lumbago :o

Any and all hints on how to use the Nav and Bluetooth better will be gratefully received. I am sure everyone would appreciate them on this forum, or email me at tony@autoapps.com.

I will be bringing my IS 250 to Sydney over Easter so look out for a Silver one with Vic plate V IS 251.

Here's what I've come across so far:

To use Sat Nav while driving:

- Press the MENU button

- Select VOLUME

- Press TOP LHS CORNER, BOTTOM RHS CORNER, TOP LHS CORNER, BOTTOM RHS CORNER

- A Service Menu will be displayed

- Press and HOLD DOWN on the Override option for about 5seconds (it will beep when done)

You can also do this whilst the car is in motion. It supposedly also lets you have full access/use of your mobile (bluetooth) while driving, but when I tried the mobile last, it wouldn't let me....I think! lol

- This option will reset when you restart the car

If you have ever had people say that your volume isn't quite right when using your mobile thru Bluetooth, try this:

- Press and HOLD DOWN the INFO button

- At the same time, turn your Park Lights on then off three times

- Release the INFO button

- A Menu Screen will appear

- Choose the Bluetooth option

- Here you can increase your microphone volume from 00 to 05. I've changed them to 02 on mine...Seems to have made a big improvement!!

- I do not know what Voice Quality Setting I can change to. Currently at 00. If anyone knows or has the Service Manual, Please share it with us! :)

- This option will NOT reset after you restart the car

Haven't been able to get this one to work...but here you go anyway...To stop the beeping for not having a seatbelt on:

- Turn the ODO to Full Meter Reading (not the trip computer ones)

- Turn the Car OFF

- Turn the Car ON with the ODO button pressed at the same time

- Count to 20

- On the count of 20, FASTEN the Seat Belt

- You will get a menu which says b_on

- Release the ODO Button and press it again

- The menu will change to b_off

- Turn the Car OFF

- This option will NOT reset after you restart the car

Haven't tried this one yet...but sounds great!! haha...FULLY Disable Traction/Skid Control (so you can do burn outs haha):

- Start the car with the Parking Brake ON

- Then press the Foot Brake twice (keep the Foot Brake down)

- Then Parking Brake twice (keep the Parking Brake down)

- Repeat till the skid light is on the dash

- This option will reset when you restart the car

That's about it...so far! If anyone has anymore, I'd love to know 'em....

The only way I've known to watch DVDs while driving is to physically cut wires at the back of the screen...Something I don't wanna do...well...not yet! haha

ENJOY!! :D

Cheers,

Edsters

Thanks Edsters.

Will give the SatNav one a try. Mind you, resetting after each re-set sounds like a Mircosoft kind of fix and almost defeats the purpose. It could be handy though.

You don't have to go through that effort for the Bluetooth one. There is a setting via the - Info - Phone - Settings option.

The seatbelt one sounds like you are having a lend of me :blush:

You don't have to go through that much effort for the Traction control. Just use the Traction control button to turn it off.

If you have a look at the US LOC, there is a thread that has been posted and all the manuals (well, almost all) have been included. Handy for those people still waiting on their cars to be delivered. I don't think they are "Service manuals" but just "User manuals".

Off to check out your instructions. :shifty:

Forgot to add, the DVD player is linked to the handbrake and warning light. Hence, when the handbrake warning light goes out, so will the DVD movie screen. Hence, would have to disconnect the handbrake sensor connection to use the DVD all the time.

An email from ML said that it was not them that had put this "feature" on their system, but Lexus and a "safety" thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We took delivery of the IS 250 Prestige Black/Black on Sat morning, and after a weekend of driving, I am very happy with my choice.

The car's features are very handy and the drive is rewarding, the big rear vision mirrors very good, eliminating the blind spots and you can change lanes with confidence (all cars should have them...so they dont crash into you...).

But there are always a couple of things, (and I ask the question)

- Why is there automatic door locking on the US models (such as the door locks automatically when the car accelerates off, ( i read this in their manual), but no such option for the Aust spec car...surely it must be the same software??)

Does anyone have any special niggily bits?

Overall very very happy.

Bob

Hi,

We took delivery of the IS 250 Prestige Black/Black on Sat morning, and after a weekend of driving, I am very happy with my choice.

The car's features are very handy and the drive is rewarding, the big rear vision mirrors very good, eliminating the blind spots and you can change lanes with confidence (all cars should have them...so they dont crash into you...).

But there are always a couple of things, (and I ask the question)

- Why is there automatic door locking on the US models (such as the door locks automatically when the car accelerates off, ( i read this in their manual), but no such option for the Aust spec car...surely it must be the same software??)

Does anyone have any special niggily bits?

Overall very very happy.

Bob

Bob,

been through this over 'ere in Blitey - the door locks are not available for us either! Almost every prestige manufacturer has this...the software codes are not availabe in the UK at all (so dunno if it is the same software).

Oh well, just have to remember to hit that button as soon as I'm in...!

Lexus always scored almost 100% in security tests in the UK, I wonder if this will be the chink in the armour that it gets an "against" vote?