Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Did I Get Nicked?

Lexusjohn

15-20MPH

Ouch. Well, it used to be down to the discretion of the person in the van (when they had those speed guns). Sometimes even if you brake at the last minute it shows that you know the speed limit and admit to being over, so they waiver it.

Although, I would THINK that on that speed over the limit you will be receiving a letter in the post in the next two weeks - but hopefully I am wrong. :whistling:

Was he parked in one of those "you don't see them until the last moment" places that they normally park in ? That drives me nuts.

I take it is was definitely a speed camera van and not a tax disc van ?

15-20MPH

Ouch. Well, it used to be down to the discretion of the person in the van (when they had those speed guns). Sometimes even if you brake at the last minute it shows that you know the speed limit and admit to being over, so they waiver it.

Although, I would THINK that on that speed over the limit you will be receiving a letter in the post in the next two weeks - but hopefully I am wrong. :whistling:

Was he parked in one of those "you don't see them until the last moment" places that they normally park in ? That drives me nuts.

It was a yellow and Black zebra strip van (speed camera I think) but my road angel 2 with laser detection did NADA!!!! and yes they were on a corner. :tsktsk:

15-20MPH

It was a yellow and Black zebra strip van (speed camera I think) but my road angel 2 with laser detection did NADA!!!! and yes they were on a corner. :tsktsk:

They really are crafty :tsktsk: 's

If it was a tax disc van you would have seen two fairly thin rectangular (horizontal) windows at the tops of the doors.

Hi Guys, just gone past a "safety camera van, over the speed limit. Ba**rd was just round a corner, My road angel 2 :excl: :shutit: did not make a noise!!, did I get nicked?.

Possibly yes, just for to see if your NIP (notice of intended prosecution) comes through the post.

(I have also moved this topic)

• 1 month later...

Don't you just hate those vans

we used to have 1 that would hide behind a big road sign at the end of the dual carriageway on the way home back from work :angry:

last time I saw him he had big yellow flashing lights on top

so you couldn't say that you didn't see him

I live on the A37 in Dorset which I believe has been testing grounds for some of the new radar guns that the RA2 won't pick up(you know the one that was on the news last year for being able to detect a speeding vechile all most a mile away)

gone past a few and my RA2 has never gone off :angry:

but must admit that I've never update it over the web

• 1 month later...
So the road angel 2 (which i have) was right in that it didnt go off?

I hope it does go off as thats why i bought one in the first place! :tsktsk:

It all depends on the "range" that they take the shot at you. Between 100/200 mtrs the cone from the laser is very narrow and fired at the numberplate will NOT hit the windscreen, therefore will not activate the RA2.

Longer snapshots the beem will be "broader" but of course there pictures are crap. hence them "hiding round corners". :tomato:

If your RA2 gives you an audable laser warning You've already been done.

Other means of protection are required. :shifty:

So the road angel 2 (which i have) was right in that it didnt go off?

I hope it does go off as thats why i bought one in the first place! :tsktsk:

It all depends on the "range" that they take the shot at you. Between 100/200 mtrs the cone from the laser is very narrow and fired at the numberplate will NOT hit the windscreen, therefore will not activate the RA2.

Longer snapshots the beem will be "broader" but of course there pictures are crap. hence them "hiding round corners". :tomato:

If your RA2 gives you an audable laser warning You've already been done.

Other means of protection are required. :shifty:

PiP: It's not "a crock of S**t" it is very good at what it's designed for, and thats pointing out fixed camera sites and specs/gatsos/travelos an the like. When your driving outside your area you need to know just which corner these scameras are hiding round, RA2 does the job :winky:

If your RA2 gives you an audable laser warning You've already been done. Other means of protection are required

Absolutely, although my best mate is a traffic cop in Wilts and we've checked my snooper S5-R picks them up (laser's) after he told me he was nicking people with RoadAngels/ snoopers fitted.

One guy was particularly p**sed off as he had spent nearly £500 on his and when Jeff pointed the laser directly at his detector (from about 3 feet away) it didn't go off.

These sneaky b'stards (my mate included) can have you from over half mile away, the only way to avoid being caught is to slow down (or get a laser blocker A.K.A garage door opener fitted near your number plate) Which cause a certain error on the Laser display.

However once said Rozzer gets the error code he/she'll pull you over and look for your device.

Then if/when they find it you're bang in trouble, unless you've actually got an electric garage door.

It's a bit like an arms race with each side trying to stay one step ahead.

:offtopic:

Having said all this waffle i've got 6 points and had a few warnings. At least with traffic cops you can have a chat and say how sorry you are and appeal to their human nature, some do have one. With them b'stards in the vans you never know if they've got you. Last year I came round a corner on my fireblade and there was a "safety van". I didn't know if he'd got me and was really tempted to stop and ask if he had (he hadn't luckily).