Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trip To Tte And Nurburgring

Zee007

Right then folks,

I am looking to organise a drive over to Germany sometime in the 2nd quarter of this year (April to June). There are a few of us who make the annual trip over to TTE in Cologne, and having spoken to a few members, I think together with a few laps round the Nurburgring, we could get a good convoy going. We will also be meeting our fellow friends from the Toyota Owners Club at the Nurburgring. Should be great fun!

DATE now confirmed: Weds 12th to Sun 16th APRIL

Plan of action will be ferry over on Day 1 (Dover to Calais as it's cheap), then drive to Koln. Stay at the Ibis near TTE and have a tour of their entire famous facilities on Day 2 followed by a night out. Day 3 will be a drive to the Nurburgring for the entire day, doing a few laps if you want, and meeting the TOC crowd before returning to Koln in the evening. Day 4 at the Nurburgring again or drive home. It's not overly expensive, and ask any of those who have been over with me and Mat in the last 3 years, it's a fantatstic trip!

COSTS:

- Petrol (Around 3/4 tanks)

- Ferry Dover to Calais (approximately £70 for 1 car and up to 4 passengers return)

- 3 nights at the Ibis in Koln (50 to 60 Euros per night)

- Track costs are 56 Euros for 4 laps and 16 Euros for 1 lap

- Spending money

Remember, this is a HUGE opportunity to visit the fantastic TTE plant, meet some of the guys, see some VERY special cars and have a go round the legendary Nurburgring!

And the reason we are going on a Wednesday is so that we can go round TTE on Thursday (so they will actually be there!). Friday will be speant at the Nurburgring, and Sunday home ready for work on Monday morning... :D

Link to Nurburgring Website

Click here for last years trip

Hotel in Koln is Ibis Frechen: http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fic...che_hotel.shtml

Can I have posts indicating if people are interested or not and whether you would like to be a passenger or drive yourself.

Cheers

Zee

Interested parties:

Blue - Defo in!

Red - Possibles

Car 1 - Zee + Grim

Car 2 - Mat C + Christina

Car 3 - Bazza + Janey

Car 4 - Nick

Car 5 - Mike Morse + Prisca

Car 6 - Sanj + 3

Car 7 - Marcus

Car 8 - Dave and Kami

- Jason (Possible)

- Kaz (Possible)

- Ellz (Possible passenger)

- Raz (Possible)

- Thom (Possible)

Edited by Zee007

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Costs associated (taken from last year):

£149 for car + driver return. Additional bodies £26 each return (so that's £201 per car)

Cabins for outbound overnight crossing are compulsory - include evening meal and breakfast.

2 berth cabin (single occupancy) is £48 or £58 if you want a window.

Same cabin with twin occupancy is £64 or £74 with a window.

Hotel was 60 odd Euros a night.

Fuel - around 3 tanks I'd say.

Plus spending money (for food, drinks, nights out, Nurburgring etc.)

Grim has confirmed he's up for it! :)

Why not take the jet boat from Harwich - Hook?

Costs around the same as the conventional ferry but only takes 3-1/2 hrs and arrives early afternoon. So no need for extra cost for cabins.

Yep could do Mike - thats what we did on the way back, but going out, the time was dodgy so we ended up doing it this way. But you're right, I think we ought to do that both ways this year... :)

Put me down as driving please, with Prisca as a passenger.

But will need to plan the trip for late June or July after her school term has finished.

If dates are good and theres any seats going i'd be up for it, not one for long driving, but i would probably dye seeing u guys killing it round Nurburgring lol.

Let me know.

Jazz club was awsome.......and the steakhouse, and the cold train waiting stop thingy....its all awsome

can we go to that Rave club Dave Ellen and the other hard core ravers went to

Zee would you like me to contact TTE

Edited by Monster-Mat

just found this, good price, if its what we want

norfolk line

never used them before john, so cant comment too much on them

best option is the P&O dover to calais , due to them sailing every 15 minutes

if you miss one you only have to wait a short time, rather than a three hour wait with some

they are also fairly flexible in letting you go earlier or later than the ticket times

and you are only on the ferry for 1.5 hours

from calais its about 4-5 hours to cologne 350 ish miles

May possibly be interested in this euro madness!

I might need to scrounge a lift for me and the bro as I plan on taking the car to JAE and dont want to put up too much milage in the one year. In other words we want to drink for the whole weekend :D

Looks like this could be another good un!!! :D

Mat - If you could drop Friedel a note to let him know this is being planned for the 2nd quarter, and find out if he has any dates he can't make, we'll work round that. Tell him I'll be in touch nearer the time.

Edited by Zee007

Team,

It seems im more up for this (DEFO')...only one thing, if it can be avoided the first 2 weeks of july as some of my passgengers will unable to make it around then. Any other dates seems all kool for now :winky:

Please let me know.... :blush::unsure::question: :)