Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My husband is going to look at a 2nd hand GS300 tomorrow, a 95 M reg that's done 52,000 miles and is priced at £5,795.

It says it's UK supplied (whatever that means) and has a full Lexus history and 'almost new' leather.

Does this sound like a good price (bit more than I wanted to spend), what should he look out for and what are running costs like?

I was hoping for a 2nd car that would be cheaper to run and insure than my IS200. :unsure:

Theres a few gs300's on www.autotrader.co.uk - one on a M plate in silver (with a pic) for 3999 - but doesnt state the mileage (prob v high) has full lexus history etc. theres 25 of them priced between 3600 and 6k.

The one your looking at doesnt sound too unreasonable with 52k miles though.

Thanks, that's where he got the info from. There's some nice ones on there.

Anything major we need to look out for on a car with this mileage? When does the CAM belt need changing etc.

I'm assuming they go on forever if properly looked after. We do lots of miles - around 20k per year and we'll be sharing any car we get and my IS200 to keep mileage as sensible as possible !

The one we rang up about (from AutoTrader) seemed a bit of a plum. It was advertised as Trade, but the phone was on the BT messaging service for ages. When someone finally answered, didn't know anything about the car or what else they had for sale and wouldn't say what the garage was called.... :huh:

Keep looking I s'pose. He's off to test drive a 5 door Civic and a couple of Primeras this afternoon. Not quite the same league, but we'll see how it goes.

Java - yes, I do read the Mail and no, I don't wear Lynx, but I'm thinking of getting some for hubby

:lol:

I run a Java development team for Lexis Nexis Europe (part of the Reed Elsevier global empire!)

Luckily, I still spend around 80% of my time writing code! We develop large scale business news web products with server side Java, xml, jstl etc, etc (all the fun technologies!)

I wonder how many members here are techies? :D

were stering off topic here.

Claire... In the car sales pages there is a windom for sale for 3k

Trust me on this your hubby will love the ride and the reliability and is in the lexus class

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/carsales/...ings/l0005.html

For those who wish to take the mickey then don't bother,.. i am wearing the T-shirt and I am serious. :yawn:

were stering off topic here.

Claire... In the car sales pages there is a windom for sale for 3k

Trust me on this your hubby will love the ride and the reliability and is in the lexus class

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/carsales/...ings/l0005.html

For those who wish to take the mickey then don't bother,.. i am wearing the T-shirt and I am serious. :yawn:

Hi Steve,

Yeah I'd looked at this. Unfortunately it needs to through a garage as he's getting a loan through work. It's a condition of theirs - RAC check etc.

He does like the Windom though....

He's now looking at a Toyota Land Cruiser next week

• 2 weeks later...

Loz may well be open to offers of the 5 figure veriety for his rather lovely GS300.

Only cos he is after an LS400 now....

Ok, there I said it. I WANT AN LS 400!!! I'm weak I know it but my fgod they do seem like the dogs danglies!!!

I only spent a weekend following one in a clour I would not even choose (but an interior I would be VERY happy with) and then I followed a black metalic one for 70 miles up the M1. I know that I would be happy with a reliable one. quiet and sexy that what they are!

THe thing is, there is NOTHING wrong with my GS and I love it. I am even thinking of getting rid of the Range Rover to buy an LS but then I would have a "classic/vintage" LS and a newish GS300. What would be the point??

I tried to rationalise it as a long term test drive but it don't work. Now I have Lexus Bradford wanting to lend me an LS 430 over CHristmas!! Its all a bit barmy but I better go do some work and figure out how to pay for these blummin toys!

Loz

Righto, couldn't find a decent GS300 for the money we wanted to spend. My husband is also a mega fan of Hondas and has also been after an Accord Aerodeck. We've found one at last through a main dealer and it's being delivered to Ascot from Derby !

So, a Lexus and a Honda - good stuff! Hopefully it'll be delivered before Christmas and his subscription to the Honda-R Club will be winging it's way :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links