Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yellow Lexus

Hi ppl just bought my first ever lexus and WOW, my question is

When i bought the car i was told there was only 49 made in YELLOW it comes with a slightly different bodykit to the normal 200 sport. Is this correct and where would i be able to fine what number mine is and what did they make them them was it a promotional thing or something?

Many thanks

Gary

Hi ppl just bought my first ever lexus and WOW, my question is

When i bought the car i was told there was only 49 made in YELLOW it comes with a slightly different bodykit to the normal 200 sport. Is this correct and where would i be able to fine what number mine is and what did they make them them was it a promotional thing or something?

Many thanks

Gary

Yes, the yellow model was a special edition, known as "The Yellow Rose of Lexus" edition. Not sure exactly how many were made but I think 50 is about right. Your dealer should be able to give you the number.

Nice car, almost bought one myself! :winky:

I understood each Dealership had 1 each & had no trouble selling all of them.

Yellow is a v. common colour in Hong Kong & they drive on the right! :driving:

i was going to get a yellow is300 instead of the white as a special import through Lexus GB....

under the same special import rules, i tried to get it as a manual, alas they couldnt do it so i went for the white 200 instead, sometimes i wish i had pushed a little harder, as LGB were kinda keen to do it, but was tied up with too much red tape, the money i would have saved getting it tax free, would have covered the ESVA inspection.....alas it never happened

• 2 weeks later...

Never seen a IS coupe either....but i have seen two Yellow Altezza's for sale here in Ireland in the past year....both were 1998 and one had a turbo.....not up for sale long either......they were asking €23,000+ for the turbo version....ouch

• 3 years later...

any idea how many yellow is200s were produced?

50 official ones were imported (one for each UK Lexus dealer).

I guess a few of the Yellow ones have been crashed/stolen/written off by now?

Yep 50 into the UK, although yellow was available in other countries so you may come across an import in yellow that isn't one of the UK "special editions".

I think the 50 special ones have some sort of a plaque somewhere? In addition they have the TTE bodykit and 18" alloys.

I don't think any of the 50 yellow IS200's were fitted with a plaque?

Were there any yellow IS300's?

No only yellow IS200's and the come as standard with the Aero kit on!

when i rang Lexus up the said if i wanted a plaque i would have to make one myself ha ha No.1

Phill