Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polish/Wax

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say.. I use Auto Glym too.. I never have any problems with residue.. though I am using the resin only.. maybe I should buy some high gloss polish too.

Auto Glym has to be the best on the market i have ever used. Really easy to use.

I also use the intererior shampoo... When i bought the car there was sweets and chocolate on the back seat.. I used auto glym shampoo on the seats and the chocolate was gone within seconds!

Great stuff

mine is dark green and i suffer from that around the door locks... after ploishing it leaves the white marks.

I dont do it oftern, in fact rarely but i usually t-cut the scratch out... but dont do this too many times.. just the once and make sure you wax it after... that will solve it

or if you wanna get rid of the white scratch marks get some of that black polish

I use smthg called Black Diamond. Its easy to put on, but an absolute pig to take off - I've bought the mitt from Halfords. However it was formulated by my Uncle (and so Im biased) and it lasts for about 8 months and increase the paints refractive index,in direct sunlight, about 100% & decrease the surface tension so water just runs straight off. Apparently you can buy it in Australia.:cool:

No - I'm afraid not (currently) - but I know the S2000 owners are discussing a group buy and I will certainly be getting some more. Buying as a group so splitting the shipping and duty costs should fetch it down a little. Basically it is a paintwork preparation treatment and seperate tub of Carnauba Wax. Costs about $25 but once shipping and duty VAT added - about £40-£50 for the kit.... still cheaper than Zymol (about £70 a tub, and not as good!)

www.autodetail.com

• 2 months later...

i have used turle wax metallic, yes its a bit of a pain in the ar!e to apply but it also removes any tar/gum deposits and as you are looking where you put it you notice any marks/sap on the car.

As im a lazy git, i bought one of those polishing machines, i must say i am surprised, it works great, get a great shine, just have to get used to putting a small amount of polish on now.

robbie